PDA

View Full Version : What type of hair do you need for this?

diddiedaisy
August 17th, 2014, 05:20 AM
I want this hair...one day!!! What kind of thickness and hair type do you think it is? I understand that it is professionally styled but what do you reckon?

my own hair has crept into the ii now it is recovering from it's shed and it's a 2a. Do you think I could achieve this look or am I being unrealistic?
http://i1373.photobucket.com/albums/ag361/sblackburn4/Mobile%20Uploads/1592E6BF-2689-4D3A-84E7-3FC7297F9B53_zpshilu8mc2.png (http://s1373.photobucket.com/user/sblackburn4/media/Mobile%20Uploads/1592E6BF-2689-4D3A-84E7-3FC7297F9B53_zpshilu8mc2.png.html)

Sorry huge pic..... Can't resize

Madora
August 17th, 2014, 07:36 AM
You might want to consult the hair typing thingie to judge for yourself. As for thickness, you can't make your hair thicker. You're stuck with whatever follicles you were born with. You might want to give your hair a little more time to see if it thickens up..but this boils down to being patient and extra careful when you handle it and wash/rinse it.

Dreams_in_Pink
August 18th, 2014, 02:16 AM
That 'do in the pic looks heavily coiffed to me.

To achieve "beachy effortless waves" like those, people usually first wash& condition their hair, then apply serums and mousse, blow-dry straight using a thermal round brush (with metal bases, which get very HOT), apply some dry shampoo (yes, they do it right after washing, don't know why!) and another kind of mousse to give volume to the roots, and then go over the whole hair with a huge barrel curling iron. They finger-comb the curls and then finish with a light hold hairspray.

Believe me, that's how this is done, i've seen many video tutorials on beach waves. They give extra effort and tons of products to make hair look "effortless" which makes no sense to me. So yes, you can have that hair, only if you're willing to do all the stuff listed above :)

ETA: Oh, i forgot hair extensions! :) They use those as well.

Khristopher
August 18th, 2014, 03:29 AM
I think those waves can be done with (french or dutch) braids, and it looks like it has extensions as well... so yeah, I think you can archieve something very similar, but much healthier looking than that! Also remember that waves give the illusion of more volume than what the hair actually has.

fiğrildi
August 18th, 2014, 11:49 AM
I would say those are 2b waves, and ii/iii thickness. I think she's wearing extensions, and her hair is looking very artificial, but just my opinion.

Gertrude
August 18th, 2014, 12:04 PM
I tried to get waves like it when I was younger, but you absolutely need to have medium thickness hair at least to make it work. And then do a lot of work as other posters have said much better. It doesn't look good on fine hair, and fine hair really doesn't stand up to the styling required. Don't ask me how I know..............It was painful.

KittyBird
August 18th, 2014, 12:35 PM
Hmm.. Maybe you could achieve something similar with a heatless curling method? BeautyKlove (https://www.youtube.com/user/beautyklove) has lots of videos about heatless curls. It may not look exactly like the hair in that picture, but you'd get pretty waves without destroying your hair :)

LadyCelestina
August 18th, 2014, 12:53 PM
That is straight or straightened hair curled on an iron ,fingercombed,and I think she is wearing extensions...Can you see the 'one big layer' of hair?

You could maybe get something similar with a couple cinnabuns on each side of your head,then fingercombed and perhaps a touch of hair spray.

Jennwith4
August 18th, 2014, 01:53 PM
That is straight or straightened hair curled on an iron ,fingercombed,and I think she is wearing extensions...Can you see the 'one big layer' of hair?

You could maybe get something similar with a couple cinnabuns on each side of your head,then fingercombed and perhaps a touch of hair spray.

I agree with Ladycelestina. That hair was produced with a curling iron. the closest I've come to duplicating that hairstyle is doing spiral curls on my flexi rods. Once the curls are relaxed it looks similar.

MsBubbles
August 18th, 2014, 02:45 PM
That looks like medium to coarse textured strands, and probably a iii thickness, to have layers like that, likely to be bleached also, and still look that thick. If you have body in your hair but it's fine, you could probably still achieve something similar - it'd just be a bit less voluminous and way silkier-looking (assuming you won't need to bleach it to get it that color).

lapushka
August 18th, 2014, 04:13 PM
That looks like the wild do that my hair is. If you don't have these waves naturally, then you'll have to style them (you could braid your hair, think: French braid, with a perm roller at the bottom to curl the tassel up). That should do it. As far as thickness goes, no you can't change that.

GoddesJourney
August 18th, 2014, 10:56 PM
That's the "surf hair" look you get from playing in the ocean a lot. Salt water, wind, etc. A day at the beach maybe with your hair in a braid and then take it down while it's still half wet and let the wind blow it around. I get this look sometimes when I go to bed with wet hair. Also, it is easier to achieve when your hair is a little damaged "velcro ends" so if it is bleached even better.

If your hair is very straight or very slippery it may require a lot of products.