PDA

View Full Version : How long does your shower take (per day)?

sapphire-o
September 21st, 2008, 05:04 PM
I'm just curious. Do long hairs really make us take longer in the shower? The unit is minutes/day. If you take a shower everyday and it's always 10 mins, choose 10; if you take shower twice a day, then add them up; if you take a shower every other day then divide the time it takes by 2...etc. If you take a 5 mins shower each day but 30 mins shower on saturday, you can choose ( 5 x6 + 30 ) / 7 = 8.57 mins/day. :)

Oops, forgot the poll. Let's try this. :D

Kaeri
September 21st, 2008, 05:19 PM
I tend to take quite a long time in the shower. Probably about 30 mins 3x a week.

EDIT: That should have worked out more like 10-15 mins/day I think when I've reread the post :s

Medvssa
September 21st, 2008, 05:20 PM
I think it is an average of 10 - 15 minutes. I wash my hair once a week and that of course takes much longer.

Shanarana
September 21st, 2008, 05:21 PM
I don't wash my hair every time I shower, so I voted 10 to 15 min if I'm doing my hair. I shampoo and leave condish on while I finish. It really does not take me long to shower.....I'm in and out.

thankyousir74
September 21st, 2008, 06:00 PM
I like to sit down in the shower and feel it hit me for a while. It's like a small kind of meditation. Only for that reason is why my showers last more than 5 minutes and I voted 10-15 minutes.

Islandgrrl
September 21st, 2008, 06:08 PM
Three to five minutes, tops.

elusive0204
September 21st, 2008, 06:09 PM
I like to sit down in the shower and feel it hit me for a while. It's like a small kind of meditation. Only for that reason is why my showers last more than 5 minutes and I voted 10-15 minutes.

Whoa, that's the first time I've heard of anyone else sitting down in the shower! Whenever I tell someone I do that, they look at me funny lol. :p

Chromis
September 21st, 2008, 07:09 PM
My showers are normally less than five minutes, but I did an average counting showers in which I shave or wash my hair. I try to split those up too though so that I'm not trying to do both in the same shower. More hot water that way!

sapphire-o
September 21st, 2008, 07:20 PM
I picked 15 - 20 mins. Although the water is off about half the time, so the water running time is less than 10 minutes per day. :) I used to do half an hour everyday when my hair was short. :o

Forlorn Reverie
September 21st, 2008, 08:47 PM
I shower every morning. It's part of my "wake up" routine. I spend the first 5 minutes just standing there and letting the water just run all over me. I also move really slow until after the first cup of coffee (which is brewing while I'm showering!) I'm usually in the shower for 10-15 minutes.

prosperina
September 21st, 2008, 08:52 PM
Five to, probably under ten minutes when I don't wash my hair. 10-15 for hair washing which is twice a week.

may1em
September 21st, 2008, 09:59 PM
I wash my hair (in the shower) once every 4-7 days. Those showers, or showers I shave my legs, take a bit of time. The rest of the time all I'm doing is washing myself and doing a quick shave of the pits. That doesn't take a lot of time. At all. I can be done in three minutes if I'm quick.

Nat242
September 21st, 2008, 10:07 PM
Less than five minutes - I aim for 4 if I'm washing my hair, about 2 if I'm not. I turn the water off when it's not required, I wash my face etc. before my shower, and I never shave with the water running.

The only time my shower takes longer than that is if I am washing out henna, which happens every 2 to 3 months. I make up for it with shorter showers over the next few days!

Australia is in drought - can you tell? The idea of regularly spending 10 minutes in the shower seems incredible to me!

Starr
September 21st, 2008, 10:47 PM
I picked 15 - 20 mins. Although the water is off about half the time, so the water running time is less than 10 minutes per day. :) I used to do half an hour everyday when my hair was short. :o

That's how my shower is, 20 minutes long with only 10 minutes of running the water. :D

Finoriel
September 21st, 2008, 11:17 PM
Less than 5 minutes, it´s about 2-3 minutes of running water per day. Not showering every day and I try to save water / energy and turn the water off when it´s not needed.
We´re not in a drought here in Sweden, but I´ve been raised energy-conscious and still see it as a good idea.

Kiraela
September 22nd, 2008, 01:04 AM
I generally shower every other day or so, depending on what I've been doing and whether I'm stinky or not, so that's every 2-3 days... I take anywhere from 30-40 minutes, on average, since I just love water in general and laze about, sitting in the shower instead of getting actual... cleaning... done. (I also comb conditioner through, which tends to take 5-10 min, since I'm super paranoid about breaking hair when it's wet, and thus am overly(?) gentle... and shaving takes maybe 10 min)

It probably averages out to somewhere between 15 and 20min per day, anyway.

To be fair, I took 30-40 min showers every day, back when I washed my hair nearly daily, so I actually am in the water less now, despite taking longer.

Neen
September 22nd, 2008, 02:20 AM
I'd have to say about 15-20mins in winter because I don't want to leave the nice warm water, but maybe 5-10mins in summer because that's all it takes to get the job done, so that averages out into the 10-15mins category.

Elphie
September 22nd, 2008, 03:43 AM
I'm pretty speedy in the shower, 5- 10 minutes tops.

Calista
September 22nd, 2008, 04:39 AM
I wash my hair once a week, and that shower takes about 20 minutes. I´ll shower once or twice in between (5min). That makes (1x20+2x5)/7=less than 5 minutes.

sexyjacksparrow
September 22nd, 2008, 05:41 AM
I shower every day. Usually takes about 15 minutes. I ticked 10-15 as on the days when I don't wash or wet my hair (which isn't that often) I'm done quicker.

SarieQ
September 22nd, 2008, 09:55 AM
My shower has to be quick! 5 to 10 minutes. We have the tiniest hot water heater I've ever seen in a house (especially a four bedroom!)! So it doesn't take long for the water to go COLD. My skin's too sensitive for everyday--I only shower every other day.

eadwine
September 22nd, 2008, 10:09 AM
Hmm.. only shower? So I don't count the deep treats and such of the hair?

I think about 5 minutes for me ;)

ladystar
September 22nd, 2008, 10:24 AM
I take 3 to 5 mins tops if I am not washing my hair. if I wash my hair about 8 mins...

hobbitgirl
September 22nd, 2008, 10:31 AM
It really all depends on what I'm doing in there. Just a regular shower? 10 minutes. Shampoo and rinse day? 15-20 minutes. Shave legs day? 30 minutes. Complete body work? 30-45 minutes depending on how much grooming needs to be dealt with.

EvaSimone
September 22nd, 2008, 10:46 AM
Generally my showers run about 10 minutes and not much over. When I wash my hair a few times a week it usually takes me about 15 minutes.

soleluna
September 22nd, 2008, 11:02 AM
I voted other. Because if I take a shower it takes about 15 minutes, but if I take a bath (and I usually do) I can soak for 1 hour ;)

Buddaphlyy
September 22nd, 2008, 11:05 AM
I'm a very clean girl. It takes 10-15 minutes if I'm not washing my hair, 15-25 if I am.

Tapioca
September 22nd, 2008, 11:36 AM
I know I'm faster than my short-haired husband. If he has the time, he'll be in there for an hour. As it is, his normal is about 30 minutes, and mine is about half that. And I S&C every day.

Anje
September 22nd, 2008, 11:45 AM
I chose 5-10 minutes. My daily showers are probably under 5 minutes (soap, rinse, shave pits, done), but once or twice a week I wash my hair, which extends them to about 10-15 minutes.

kunibob
September 22nd, 2008, 12:37 PM
5 minutes if I'm not washing my hair, up to 10 minutes if I am.

I occasionally take longer (like if I'm doing a protein treatment), but I prefer shorter showers most days just for the sake of water conservation. :)

Anlbe
September 22nd, 2008, 01:35 PM
so long as I'm not washing my hair shower only takes a couple of minutes. Step in running shower, turn shower off, soap, rinse, out. I love the feeling of warm water in the shower but if I give in I could spend half an hour in there which costs a FORTUNE!!!! I hate the gas bill, everytime it comes the cost per unit has gone up and water's not much better, anyway as a result I'm disciplined in the shower, two to three mins max.

withsilverwings
September 22nd, 2008, 02:43 PM
depends on what i'm washing - body only <10min maybe een <5
if I'm doing my hair than it takes at least 30 min, usually closer to an hour - mostly because of how I wash - I wet my hair, condition it and put it in a shower cap and have a bath while I let it soak - shampoo, shampoo, conditioner - leave it on my hair while I wash everything else.

lirael
September 22nd, 2008, 02:55 PM
I shower every 2-3 days and it takes me 10-15 minutes.

Haith
September 22nd, 2008, 03:12 PM
I usually take 15-20 minutes in the shower. I only shower 2-3 times a week, so I should have chosen 5-10 minutes, but I was so excited that I answered the poll before reading it!

SweetPea88
September 22nd, 2008, 03:18 PM
My showers usually average about 10-15 minutes. This includes washing my face, doing a face scrub, body wash, and washing/conditioning my hair. The time is a bit longer when I shave, but I like to turn the water off for that part and then just rinse.

Ohio Sky
September 22nd, 2008, 03:37 PM
I usually shower every other day. I don't wash my hair every time I shower, but since I just S/C it doesn't take that long anyways. Shaving takes longer. I'm still only in there for 15-20 minutes on average, so I'd say all in all it averages out to around 10-15 minutes a day.

(And I'm so glad I'm not the only one here who doesn't shower every day! Most people IRL look at me funny for saying that!)

saracuda
September 22nd, 2008, 04:19 PM
I voted 10-15 minutes. My little member thingie under my name says An Hour In The Shower, but that's a song I love. :)

twilight_faerie
September 22nd, 2008, 05:47 PM
My showers usually take about 20 minutes, maybe a little less. If I spend too little time washing, I feel like I haven't cleaned myself enough. So I make sure to do a thorough job.

avraea
September 23rd, 2008, 10:26 AM
Oops, should've read the post before doing the poll. I shower every day, but wash my hair 3 times a week, so it should average about 5-10 minutes daily.

dearladydisdain
September 23rd, 2008, 10:44 AM
Usually something between 10 and 30 minutes, depending on if I shave or not (and how much I choose to shave :P)

WritingPrincess
September 23rd, 2008, 12:24 PM
I spend at least 30 minutes every other day in the shower. Did I do that right? (I chose 15-20 minutes per day.)

Iylivarae
September 23rd, 2008, 01:34 PM
I shower for about 7 minutes 2x a week. I think that showering longer is just a waste of water.

bunnii
September 23rd, 2008, 01:40 PM
I voted over 20 minutes because some days i'll take about that, others when I'm not washing my hair will be 10 minutes. But then if i've done a deep condition i'll spend around 45 minutes :o

Ah poo! looks like I read the question wrong! I probably should've voted 10 oops! sorry :o

angelthadiva
September 23rd, 2008, 01:52 PM
It really all depends on what I'm doing in there. Just a regular shower? 10 minutes. Shampoo and rinse day? 15-20 minutes. Shave legs day? 30 minutes. Complete body work? 30-45 minutes depending on how much grooming needs to be dealt with.

I voted wrong! :o Guess I should have read the rules first, eh?

It does depend on what I'm doing...If it's a NW day, easily 3-4 minute shower...In the summer I shower up to 3x a day...Quickies of course...If I'm shaving that takes longer and a wash day, that takes longer too.

xrosiex
September 23rd, 2008, 03:00 PM
My shower takes 15 to 20 Minutes aday. Every morning I wake up in the shower. I love the water and the fresh start for the day.:)

Yeesha
September 23rd, 2008, 03:18 PM
About 5 Minutes, 20-30 when washing hair... (once in the week)

mugglemomof3
September 23rd, 2008, 03:48 PM
I voted 15-20 minutes. The only place I can detangle is in the shower so I obviously have to go last or my kiddo(s) would never get enough hot water! Thank goodness I always rinse in cold. :D

Jean_Grey
September 23rd, 2008, 03:50 PM
My face and skin routine take up more time than my hair, honestly. And shaving!

Angelica
September 23rd, 2008, 05:04 PM
So I am not alone liking long showers!

I have to be in a rush to only spend ten minutes in it. I can never understand how someone can have such a quick shower! lol!

It is pure luxury for me. Half an hour at least! Even if not washing my hair, I just like to scrub with gels and put on a face mask etc.

Pure Heaven.

Dolly
September 23rd, 2008, 05:30 PM
Even if I'm washing my hair, it still only takes me about 15 min......I grew up in the mtns, in an old drafty farmhouse, and the bathroom was always freezing.....trust me, you didn't WANT to be in there too long! Plus a family of 4 sharing one bathroom meant you had to get in and back out.

Even now that the situation is different though, it seems that the short showers have become ingrained in me.....get in, do your business, and get out.

Bronwyn Grace
September 23rd, 2008, 05:51 PM

I do that as well! But my showers are usually 15-20 minutes, because I shower in the morning and have to spend some time waking up. ;)

Paliele
September 23rd, 2008, 05:54 PM
I have always hated showering (why? it's really an odd thing to hate doing) so my showers are really short. I voted less than 5. I usually take 7-12 minute showers (how do you do it in less?), but I don't shower every day.

freznow
September 23rd, 2008, 05:59 PM
I only shower about twice a week, depending on what I've been doing. And not for long either... So less than 5 minutes/day.

gav616
September 24th, 2008, 05:47 AM
10mins with water on, but another 10 while I stand in the shower (to catch the hairs) and squeeze all the water out, by the time I've squeezed and done a little finger combing my body is bone dry, yes, guess what? i never use towers, ever! :D

Addy
September 24th, 2008, 06:14 AM
10 minutes!

The kids usually take 25 or more til I bang them out!

Lady Verity
September 24th, 2008, 07:58 AM
I take a long time to shower simply because I'm a sucker for warm water. Once I get in, I'm unable to get out again!

LaurelSpring
September 24th, 2008, 08:08 AM
I would say an average would be 10-15. Sometimes I tend to zone. Now that its Fall I shampoo at night in the sink so in the morning I am pretty quick in the shower. Once it really starts getting cold I will switch to baths and shampoos at night. I cant deal with being wet and cold in the morning and then going outside. When summer is back it will be back to shampoo and shower in the morning.

Nevermore
September 24th, 2008, 02:52 PM
If I do a water only wash, I can get in and out of the shower in 7 minutes. Diluted CO wash (which happens anywhere from twice a week to once a month) takes 10-12 minutes. Full CO wash (which only happens when I wear my hair down or fall head first into a mud puddle) takes 15-20. Oh, and if I just do my body, it takes 3-5 minutes. I aim for no more than 10, even if I do a diluted CO wash

I try not to shave or anything in the shower and if I do, I do it quickly. I wish I could be one of those run water, turn off water, lather up, rinse, turn off water people, but just standing there being wet without the water on makes me feel gross.

Gumball
September 24th, 2008, 03:42 PM
My showers are daily, but length is irregular. Sometimes it's 5-10, sometimes it's 10-15, on actual wash days it could be 10-15 or more. Who knows? Shower length for me depends on both what I need to get done (wash, etc.) and the mood I'm in. Sometimes a nice long shower is great while other times I just need to get it done and done quick.

NeilTheFuzz
September 24th, 2008, 03:46 PM
The only thing that makes my time in the shower any longer than it was before I had long hair is that now I spend a couple of minutes conditioning my hair.

Neil

kittymomma
September 24th, 2008, 08:10 PM
Meh...mebbe 7-10 minutes IF I shave:

Wash hair with Nioxin
Leave Nioxin on for 1min and scrub down
Rinse and apply Nioxin condish
Leave condish on for 3-5 min while I shave and wash face
Rinse and microfiber hair

Huh, simpler than I thought...:shrug:

rubyredslippers
September 24th, 2008, 09:13 PM
I'm a 15-to-20 minute, twice-a-week kinda gal, including shaving my armpits, 'pooing, and conditioning. So that averages out to about five minutes a day. I don't spend that whole time on my hair though. I scrub pretty rigorously, and I love the massaging water.

Shorty89
September 24th, 2008, 09:30 PM
Whoa, that's the first time I've heard of anyone else sitting down in the shower! Whenever I tell someone I do that, they look at me funny lol. :pMe too! I'd take about 7 minutes otherwise. I love just relaxing in the show. If I'm doing a CO it's one quick 5min shower than a 20 minute shower.

Katurday
September 24th, 2008, 09:39 PM
45 minutes to a full hour.
Showering is usually my meditation time.
Not to mention my skin care routine.

rockkcor
September 25th, 2008, 02:02 AM
Bathtub or nothing!

Gecko
September 25th, 2008, 05:12 AM
Whoa! I take really long showers compared to everyone else! 30minutes - an hour. I might take longer if I'm relaxing in the bath. It does take longer to wash my hair, but it's not as painful as shaving. I don't wash my hair everytime I shower, but I prbably take 6 showers a week so with an average of 45min.

Faepirate
September 25th, 2008, 07:08 AM

Oh, oh! I like to sit down in the shower too! :D But I sit down and hold the shower head - it's easier to get my hair thoroughly wet and rinsed if I'm holding the head then I can direct the jet wherever I want.

And I did the poll wrong, because I didn't read the first post properly. :rolleyes: I usually take about 10-15 minutes when I'm in the shower, but I only shower 2 or 3 times a week.

Adrienne
September 26th, 2008, 06:01 PM
I had to go really fast one day. My Boss called me and asked to come in one day when I wasn't Scheduled I agreed to go. I decided to hop in the shower as fast as I could. This is when I realized I can actually Shower, co wash, and put my hair in a low pony tail in exactly 20 min.

I usually take longer because I like to luxuriate under the hot water that feel so niccccccccceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee I think the longest I ever took may have been an hour. but I probably shaved my legs, pits, etc,washed my hair, (poo AND con) detangled, the whole works............................................. ....

Magdalene
September 26th, 2008, 06:07 PM
DH takes a LOT longer than i do, despite my hair! I take relatively quick showers, but he uses the time for stretching and stuff. Thank goodness we don't pay for water! (Once we get a house, I'm laying down the law...)

sapphire-o
September 27th, 2008, 06:27 AM
Ooh we've got a nice little bell curve here. :D Looks like we take a little longer than average, but not much longer. 10 - 15 minutes isn't bad at all. :)

harley mama
September 27th, 2008, 07:04 AM
I voted 5-10 minutes. Since I don't shave in the shower or wash my hair, it goes much faster.

BlackfootHair
September 27th, 2008, 07:06 AM
Oh how many times have I been yelled at to hurry up in the shower? When I was living with my mom, it was every time she was home. When I was living with my sister it was anytime she was home. When I was staying with my dad it was anytime he was home. People say I take hour long showers, which is unfair. I'm in there for no less than 30 minutes, and sometimes 45 if I'm not getting ready to go somewhere. I also love standing there for 5 minutes in a happy daze. Then I wash my hair, I do it gently and thoroughly.When I rinse I make sure to take my time to move the hair around to get all the shampoo out. In goes the conditioner, thoroughly over every strand. Then I grab my loofa, squirt some shower gel out and make sure to make it really foamy. I shave my pits every day and usually shave at least the first six inches my my legs, starting by my ankles. I also shave my forearms now. Then I wash my face, rinse everything off, and then rinse out the conditioner. In the time it takes to read all this, some of you would be done! :-)

MadHatter
September 27th, 2008, 01:06 PM
I don't spend a long time in the shower if I'm not washing my hair. Probably about 5 minutes. If I am washing my hair (all of it, not just a scalp wash) it takes much longer.
I really work in the conditioner and make sure every strand gets covered, and I let it sit there for a few minutes. It takes long enough that it's worthwhile to turn off the water.

kwaniesiam
September 27th, 2008, 01:22 PM
10-15 minutes, unless I really feel the need to stand there and relax in all the hot water. Then a little more, but this is the average.

gdimoonbeam
September 27th, 2008, 10:14 PM
I take 10min a day, comb my hair and let it air dry. Every time I hear some one say "I'd love to grow my hair long but it is too much work" I have to suppress a chuckle as I imagine them blow-drying, putting in products, curling, coloring and getting it styled every other month.

Vitalai
September 27th, 2008, 11:39 PM
I take 15-20 minute showers. I actually have a simple routine, but I like relaxing under the hot water. :D

AprilElf
September 28th, 2008, 04:26 AM
5-10 minutes usually. Longer for my weekly hair wash when it could be 20-30 minutes.

Nanni
September 28th, 2008, 05:28 AM
I use about 7 minutes when i wash my hair beacause I let my conditioner do its magic while I wash my body and face.

burns_erin
October 2nd, 2008, 03:42 PM
My average is about 10-15 minutes per day, but most of that has nothing to do with my hair as I am a scalp only washer. After I shower I like to fill the tub with hot water and soak my back. I shower/bath for 20-30 minutes 2-3 times a week.

magpielaura
October 2nd, 2008, 03:55 PM
I mean to be quick but suddenly snap out of a trance-like state and realize I've no idea how long I've been there or how late I'm going to be for work.

I chose 10-15 mins but I may be being a bit optimistic, especially as the water pressure is a bit erratic in my house which causes the electric shower to suddenly run cold. I end up waiting for the shower to run hot again which sometimes takes ages. brrrrrrr! No trance-like state those days!

Speckla
October 2nd, 2008, 04:09 PM
I don't take showers. I cowash in the tub. I'm in and out of the tub in less than 10 minutes. Shave, cowash, and rinse in that time.
________
Wage insurance forums (http://www.insurance-forums.org/wage-insurance/)

HairColoredHair
October 2nd, 2008, 07:07 PM
About 20-30 minutes once per week (most weeks).

So...2-4 minutes per day overall?

julya
October 2nd, 2008, 07:59 PM
I usually do a quick body rinse 2 or 3 times a week that take about 5 minutes. I wash my hair in the shower every week or two, and that takes about 30 minutes. I think that averages out to the 5 - 10 minute category.

Sarahmoon
October 3rd, 2008, 07:30 AM
It differs a bit how often I wash my hair, but I think the avarage is about every 5 days, and then it could take as long as 60 minuts :oops: So voted "10-15 minutes/day"

savi
October 9th, 2008, 06:51 PM
I picked 10-15 minutes, hair washes included. But the single shower I take during the day is about five minutes, if it takes longer I've most likely just let the water into the tub/ buckets and use it from them.

willowcandra
October 10th, 2008, 04:05 AM
I can be in and out of the shower dried in 15 minutes if I did a basic hairwash and no shaving...shaving needs a bath. A shower without hair would take about two minutes, I don't hang around.

A bath on the other hand can take an hour lol.

Nic's
October 13th, 2008, 12:41 PM
I normally only have around 10mins to shower

Garnet66
October 15th, 2008, 10:46 AM
I average 10-15 minutes every other day. That includes shampooing/conditioning.

Marie99
October 24th, 2008, 06:17 PM
5 minutes or less. I WO most times and occasionally CO, but always about 5 minutes. Electric is expensive so I won't stay in there very long. I also go around the house turning things off all the time. Cutting back on bills is my current pet peeve.

lyria
October 24th, 2008, 07:24 PM
I take forever in the shower, but that was true when I had shorter hair as well. I'm not sure what it is, I just find it relaxing. I'm a bit of a sybarite so I enjoy good smelling body wash etc. And I like to sing every now and then. That's probably what takes the most time!

olearyck
October 24th, 2008, 08:05 PM
I didn't actually vote, simply because I only take 5-10 showers a year. However, I'm in the bathtub for 1/2 hour minimum close to every day. If I bring a book, it can be well over an hour. What can I say, it's my chance to relax.

Dianyla
October 24th, 2008, 09:41 PM
As long as I'm living somewhere that I won't be inconveniencing anyone, I tend to take very long hot showers. And it's got little to do with hair. :eyebrows:

intothemist1999
October 25th, 2008, 12:11 AM
I have different varieties of showers. The full one takes at least 20 minutes, if that includes doing the legs.

The quickie maybe takes 7 minutes (?)

amberdakota
October 27th, 2008, 05:01 PM
I usually go about 10-15 minutes, but the water is off most of that time (I only run it to get wet initially and to rinse off...there is a pretty bad drought in my area).

Raven69
November 1st, 2008, 04:06 AM
It depends, if I have time 30 minutes or longer. If in a hurry 10 minutes or less. 10 minutes or less using just shampoo, 30 min or longer using conditioner and shampoo. Takes longer if I try to brush out my hair first with shampoo then with conditioner but my hair is so much easier to manage if I brush it in the shower vice trying to brush out all the tangles when putting it up in a bun...and it feels so different - softer, smoother healthier...

longhairedfairy
November 1st, 2008, 11:26 PM
It depends on several things. At this time of year I usually don't take as long because the hot water runs out in about 20 minutes. I might take longer if I'm doing extra things/special treatments. It also depends on how much of a hurry I'm in and whether I'm washing my hair, which I usually do.

tiny_teesha
November 2nd, 2008, 01:21 AM
I votes 15-20 minutes, it would be 5 if i had no hair on my head!

Sunny
November 6th, 2008, 07:54 AM
Wow, that was a fun math exercise. I'm awake now! I did it the hard way, since I wash my hair every 4-5 days and not on a weekly basis at all. So assuming 4.5 days between washes, I after about 6.25 washes per four weeks. That comes to 1.6 washes per week. A wash is 20 minutes, a bath (not-wash) is 10. I'm a leisurely bather, and like olearyck I've been known to take a book along. :D

Anyway, the net average time in the tub or shower is about 12 minutes.

joyfulmom4
November 7th, 2008, 02:28 PM
Whoa, that's the first time I've heard of anyone else sitting down in the shower! Whenever I tell someone I do that, they look at me funny lol. :p

Well, you can count me in with the "shower-sitters" too. Only I don't like the shower spraying from overhead when I sit. I like to sit and let the water flow from the faucet over my hands. I don't know when I started doing this. I guess it was a natural consequence of turning on the water and waiting for it to reach a comfortable temperature. But I love, love, love the feel of that warm water coursing over my hands. It is indeed very meditative.

Copasetic
November 7th, 2008, 02:56 PM
i take about 15 minutes in the shower. i have been trying to cut it down, because i hate wasting water, but i can't seem to do it.

tsc
November 8th, 2008, 12:13 AM
Voted 5-10.

Hardly every shampoo, and when I do it's very quick. Conditioner on, shave, body wash, face wash, wash conditioner out. Tada!

My boyfriend is the one that takes 45 minute shower and he shaves his head bald!

KiwiLiz
November 8th, 2008, 01:55 AM
I've got a tiny hot water cylinder, so I shower for as long as the water is warm -if I have it on the amazing high pressure that I like, it only lasts about 3 minutes, If I lower the pressure I can make it last between 5 and 10 minutes. So I pretty much have to have short showers, it's probably a good thing too since we're short on water here in Australia.

When I go home to NZ though I have long showers :P my parents have a huge hot water cylinder and New Zealand isn't short on water.

zen_oven
November 8th, 2008, 06:52 PM
I chose 15-20. I tend to dilly-dally a lot, plus I shave my legs in the shower and I just like to hang out under the hot water for a while. :)

Aisha25
November 8th, 2008, 07:20 PM
My wash it takes forever When I get in I rinse do shampoo rinse again then do conditioner+honey get out wait an hour then get back in the wash to rinse that out. So I guess it take about hour and 30mins cause the waiting and then having to get back to it in summer it'll take longer about 2 hours:D
Forgot to mention I only take hair wash once a week so it is not like this everyday:wink: For body wash I take about 20-30mins so still pretty long;)

Ryanne
November 9th, 2008, 09:23 AM
I voted 5 - 10 minutes.

AnnaMarie
November 11th, 2008, 06:14 PM
I voted 15-20 as that is how long it takes when I'm washing my hair. On the other days it only takes about 5. So that averages out to 9 mins 30 a day. On the days when I'm not washing my hair I try to make it as quick as possible to make up for the days when I do.:rolleyes:

CaityBear
November 11th, 2008, 08:48 PM
I voted 10-15 minutes. That's usually with washing my hair. Without I can be in and out in 5 minutes. Part of it is also the fact I like to just stand in the shower every now and then and enjoy..........

SearMeCarefully
November 15th, 2008, 01:28 PM
I shower most everyday and half of that time I'll put conditioner on my length.. I wash my hair twice a week. I think most of my time is fighting with my hair while I brush it in the shower under the water.. sometimes it's all sure this is fun! and others it's all hwa hwa hwa good luck star! I've spent a good 10 minutes alone brushing through knots before *grumbles* (while hair looks smug)

I voted 10-15

RocketDog
November 15th, 2008, 04:27 PM
My showers are always short, since I'm usually rushed for time in the mornings. I try to take a long shower during the weekend to do the 'detailing' like exfoliating, shaving, etc. But during the week? CWC the hair, quick swipe of soap on the pits and I'm done!

winter_star
November 16th, 2008, 12:09 AM
I shower everyday without fail for about 20-35 minutes. I'm also a sucker for hot water and I like to take my time and relax.

ancilla
November 18th, 2008, 11:00 PM
I take a long time in the shower. That's why I don't shower every day, usually I only shower when I start to smell bad.
I take so long because it is like a ritual to me, I always wash and condition my hair very carefully, and rinse everything out.

Jessikinz
November 19th, 2008, 03:01 PM
Wash days for my hair are once or twice a week, which takes up my shower time to 10-15 minutes. When I'm not washing my hair, it's 5-10 minutes. I used to shower every day, but now its every 2nd or 3rd day.

neon-dream
November 19th, 2008, 03:12 PM
20+ Minutes

rymorg2
November 20th, 2008, 05:19 AM
I voted other....it really depends on the day! The days where I don't wash or wet my hair (5 out of 7) it only takes me about 5 to 10 mins! Wash days are much longer, more like 20 mins. or more.

WillOTree
October 24th, 2016, 11:59 AM
Usually 15-20 min, I am slowly taking longer the longer my hair grows. lol!

samanthaa
October 24th, 2016, 02:56 PM
On the days that I don't wash my hair, about five minutes. A little longer if I want to shave (which doesn't happen on weekday mornings). On wash day, it can take anywhere from 15-25 minutes probably, this last Saturday being one of my longest showers to-date since I clarified, vinegar-rinsed, shampooed, vinegar-rinsed, and finally conditioned. Usually it's just shampoo, vinegar rinse, condition.

Seratopia
October 24th, 2016, 03:34 PM
When I wash my hair I stay in there way past when I'm due to get out. I think I'm part cat because I stay in there just for the warmth. If all the hot water runs out, that's fine. I'll plug in the hair drier and blow dry myself. Funny thing is I don't use it for my hair, just as a warmth paradise.

I am addicted. I also use my hair drier as a destresser too. I know my house mates must be annoyed but I think it's soothing.

Sarahlabyrinth
October 24th, 2016, 03:49 PM
Five minutes for me, though once a week on wash day it's more like 20 minutes, though the water isn't running all that time.

Groovy Granny
October 24th, 2016, 10:05 PM
I voted '5-10 minutes'; it is usually @ 10, mostly because I use the power pulse spray on my poor old arthritic neck and back :p

On the days I so a silver S&C or clarify, it takes about 15 minutes; the shampoo sets a minute or two as I shave, and then the conditioner sets as I bathe.

RavenRose
October 24th, 2016, 10:26 PM
I like the hot water, it helps ease the achiness of Fibro- I usually take a 15-25 min shower every other day, occasionally will postpone it a day if just at home. I also have a tendency to run the bathroom heater on max for 8 months of the year making sure the bathroom is quite toasty. In the humid summer, I tend to take quick 5 min showers on non hair wash days.

On weekends I tend to take a longer bath and clarify and do a deep condition. I tend to take a book with me- so 45 min to an hour.

Probably averages out to somewhere close to 15 min a day...

Pacific
October 25th, 2016, 11:49 AM
If I don't wash my hair it takes under 5 minutes. With hair washing it takes 10-15 minutes.

MysteryGirl44
October 26th, 2016, 12:12 PM
My showers are usually about 30 minutes because of hair and skin treatments I do in the shower. I love the shower, too. It's one of my favorite parts of the day, so I take my time

Platzhalter
October 29th, 2016, 04:57 PM
No more than five minutes when taking a shower - and from 20 minutes to an hour when bathing... although I never take a bath to get clean, because that's just not what taking a bath is for IMHO.

school of fish
October 29th, 2016, 06:20 PM
My daily morning shower runs between 5-10 min and that includes washing my hair which also happens daily. I alternate between CO and S&C washes - on the CO days it's closer to 5min and on the S&C days it's closer to 10min :)

littlestarface
October 29th, 2016, 06:38 PM
If it's just my body 15 20 mins, if it's with hair then an hour.

yahirwaO.o
October 31st, 2016, 07:20 PM
Shower body 5 minutes. Washing my hair betwwen 15 or 20 minutes. Washing and conditioning 20 to 30 minutes. I usually wash my locks every other day with just shampooo so im good with time now! Used to take longer in the past!!!

MegHan-Solo
December 8th, 2016, 02:35 AM
I take 30 minutes every other day, it mostly takes ages because I CWC and like to leave the conditioner in as long as possible, and also I use my exfoliating body brush every time. But I'm allowed because I am vegan and 1lb of beef needs the same amount of water as a years worth of showers at about 10 minutes a day. That's what I tell myself anyway haha!

Mrstran
December 11th, 2016, 03:58 PM
45 minutes and I don't even wash my hair in the shower. I do that in the kitchen sink!

Christine_O
December 13th, 2016, 11:27 AM
Under 5 if I don't wash my hair. 5-10 if I do.

Flipgirl24
December 16th, 2016, 08:37 PM
45 minutes and I don't even wash my hair in the shower. I do that in the kitchen sink!
What do you do in the shower for 45 minutes? Not judging, just curious.

littlestarface
December 17th, 2016, 11:21 AM

Hey another one like me. I love standing under the hot water and relaxing, i'm a very slow body cleaner person, I like everything to be washed twice or thrice.

MudderOfDragunz
December 20th, 2016, 01:04 PM
My shower doesn't take very long at all, even with shaving. My pre-shower, depending on how much I want to pamper myself, can easily take an hour or so. If I'm using the CO method then I have to tack on about ten minutes to to my shower time.

caprinequeen
January 8th, 2017, 04:56 PM
I take super short showers, less than five minutes, on non wash days. When I'm washing my hair I also shave the rest of my body and do a face mask. Those days take around 40 minutes of shower time.

VersLaLumière
January 8th, 2017, 05:09 PM
Funny I was thinking about this topic just this morning, because my shower time is so much longer when I wash my hair! I wash it about 2-3 times per week and that takes about 20-25 mins (rough estimate) including the time it takes to blow dry my bangs. I keep short bangs and have for years, it's the only part of my hair I blow dry. The rest of my hair seems to take about three-six hours to completely air dry, depending on the weather.

When I don't wash my hair, my shower generally only takes about five minutes. Occasionally 10, if I'm feeling tired.

lithostoic
January 8th, 2017, 08:41 PM
Depends.

Just body washing: 15 minutes
+shaving: +5-20 minutes
+hair washing: +15 minutes

This is all approximate btw.

Olavi
January 9th, 2017, 08:12 AM
I voted 5-10 minutes, but I take ~10 minute showers every other or every third day. It varies, so I voted with every other day schedule.

It could be less, since there is lot's of just standing in the shower :'D

mayfaring
January 9th, 2017, 06:54 PM
My average is likely 10-15 minutes per day. I tend to shower every second day if I haven't exercised heavily. Sometimes I skip washing my hair if it still feels clean and isn't looking too oily.

Neon Sun
January 21st, 2017, 07:41 AM
My shower usually takes 15-20 minutes but that's only if don't wash my hair too :D It other cases it can be much longer :D

Kiiruna
January 22nd, 2017, 08:21 AM
Normal shower (no shaving, no hair washing) is 5-10 minutes, mostly because I'm using WO with my body. Shaving is about +5-10 minutes depending what I'm shaving and how long I haven't been shaving. Washing hair is about +10-15 minutes, depending on what I'm doing.

LittleQuill
January 22nd, 2017, 06:08 PM
For non hair washing days, I take about 15 minutes, shaving only adds on a few extra minutes, but if I'm washing my hair, it can take up to 30 minutes. Most of that time is probably due to having to wait for the water to drench my hair, and applying the oil and conditioner.

Dante
January 23rd, 2017, 10:27 PM
I think maybe 10 minutes if I'm not washing my hair, and 20 if I am.

Margrit
September 20th, 2018, 12:08 PM
I don't wash my hair every time I shower, so I voted 10 to 15 min.

lillii
September 22nd, 2018, 11:07 AM
10-15 minutes showers twice a day but I only wash my hair once a week which adds maybe 10 minutes more depending on my pre-conditioning treatment.

Longlegs
September 22nd, 2018, 11:47 PM
5 minutes if I'm not washing my hair. I have a shower timer and am very conservative with the amount of water I use. I don't time it when I wash my hair so much, but approximately 10-15 minutes, I only wash twice a week.

Rebeccalaurenxx
September 22nd, 2018, 11:54 PM
I shower maybe once a week and it takes me like, 20 mins to shower because i go hard on the hair and skin treatments... but hey. its once a week so lol

deeisme
September 23rd, 2018, 12:30 AM
It takes me 20-30 mins. I wash my body every other day and full shower with shampooing and deep conditioning my hair once a week. I could be faster but seldom need to rush, so I don't.

Joules
September 23rd, 2018, 01:12 AM
5-15 minutes if I'm just washing my body, an hour (sometimes even longer) if I'm washing my hair. How do you guys wash your hair in under 20 minutes will always be a mistery to me :bluebiggr

Doreen
September 23rd, 2018, 01:55 AM
My showers are around 12 or 13 minutes, but can be 20 minutes when I really want to indulge myself with body scrubs, hair masks, oils, etc.

GoatLady
December 26th, 2022, 09:37 AM
5 to 10 minutes, when I'm washing my hair, too.

lapis_lazuli
April 25th, 2023, 07:10 PM
I estimate I'm in the shower for about 90 minutes total every week, which works out to ~13 minutes per day. I only wash my hair on one of those days though, otherwise my number would be much higher :)

runey
April 25th, 2023, 07:47 PM
10 to 15 minutes each time, even when I am washing my hair. Even on showers when I’m just washing my body and not my hair, I’ll still just stay under the water for the same amount of time I would just normally washing/detangling my hair LOL. I just love zoning out in the hot water :p

Fiorentina
April 30th, 2023, 01:50 PM
5 - 10 minutes