PDA

View Full Version : how to hair type "bendy" hair?

MsPharaohMoan
August 16th, 2014, 07:59 PM
Every time I try to get a hair-typing photo, I notice bends from even the smallest manipulations! For example, if I have my hair over my shoulder for one moment, BAM I have a wave at my nape. Gah. My hair will use any touch to justify waves, but I don't feel like these are 'natural' waves. What's a gal to do?

spidermom
August 16th, 2014, 08:33 PM
It's not that crucial to be typed; truly it isn't.

MsPharaohMoan
August 16th, 2014, 08:48 PM
Maybe you're right, Spidermom. Fight the LHC Establishment and go untyped! Mwa haha:stirpot:

jasper
August 16th, 2014, 08:58 PM
Every time I try to get a hair-typing photo, I notice bends from even the smallest manipulations! For example, if I have my hair over my shoulder for one moment, BAM I have a wave at my nape. Gah. My hair will use any touch to justify waves, but I don't feel like these are 'natural' waves. What's a gal to do?
Type it as "willing to wave." That's a type, isn't it?

MsPharaohMoan
August 16th, 2014, 09:51 PM
Well, I stuck it out; normally I just braid my hair when it's damp, but this time I waited patiently, trying to not manipulate it, playing the piano to keep my mind off of it. To experiment, I tried 'fingercombing' my hair a little. A foreign concept.

From damp to dry:
http://i61.tinypic.com/2nsouf4.jpg

On the left side of my head in the second photo is a chunk of hair that appears waved. I'm fairly certain these are lies (I put that strand behind my ear at some point by habit). But what d'yall think anyways?

lapushka
August 17th, 2014, 07:06 AM
That looks like 1c/2a to me. Full 1c, possibly 1c/2a.

Johannah
August 17th, 2014, 12:25 PM
I'd say you're a 1c.

bunzfan
August 17th, 2014, 01:07 PM
Either way its really lovely hair :heartbeat:

MsPharaohMoan
August 17th, 2014, 09:11 PM
Awh shucks bunzfan ;) 1c, I'll take it! Thanks for your help everyone!