PDA

View Full Version : is this a density thing or a hair type thing?

mamaherrera
August 15th, 2014, 05:04 PM
Just wondering if you notice that me (on the right) my part line is clearly defined, but you can see more "scalp" on the sides. Just wondering for opinions if that is because I have lower density, or curlier hair pattern. . . or the direction of the hair. It's driving me nuts because it makes me think my part is thinning. Thanks. My daughter has fine hair and I have med/coarse. She definitely has more hair and I have more curl.
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=11167&attachmentid=12571
Thanks for taking a look!

lapushka
August 15th, 2014, 05:12 PM
It looks absolutely *fine* to me. :shrug:

This isn't your first post about the fear of bald patches or some such. I'd try and work on your perceptions of your hair, because that to me seems to be what the trouble is. Not actual thinning or so-called bald patches.

Caraid♫
August 15th, 2014, 05:16 PM
honest to goodness, I can't see any thinning on the sides, so I don't think you have a density problem or anything- looks quite normal! :)

molljo
August 15th, 2014, 05:17 PM
It looks completely normal to me. The hair on my temples is much less dense than the rest of my head, and I think most people's are. It's a bad idea to compare your hair to someone with a completely different type.

Nebulae
August 17th, 2014, 02:59 AM
Looks completely normal to me too. No need to worry :blossom:

eadwine
August 17th, 2014, 06:14 AM
Take a look at these ladies here that I JUST saw a picture of. See how well you can see their part? Yours is much smaller than this so I wouldn't worry :)

http://www.oddee.com/_media/imgs/articles2/a98708_long-hair_1-sullivan-sisters.jpg

mamaherrera
August 17th, 2014, 09:16 PM
I couldn't see pics from the link, but I appreciate all who have taken the time to look. I am happy with my part but it's the "scalp" I see at the sides that always worries me, because from a distance, it makes the part look wider. I was just curious if this has to do with lower density, or having curly hair, or the direction of the hair, etc. Because when I do updos, you see my part, but you also see like almost 1cm of scalp on both sides, like it takes a while for things to "seal" up. It's so hard to people watch, to get an idea of if I"m in the "normal" ball league!! Thanks, I appreciate the positive answers, because it gives me some reassurance.

eadwine
August 18th, 2014, 10:56 AM
How about changing your part around? :)

Gertrude
August 18th, 2014, 11:33 AM
I have a lot of fine hair, and no real " scalp cleavage issues" but if my hair is a bit greasy and I pull my hair back all the way at the hairline, everything straight back, I look like I have male pattern hairline balding. Like Jack Nicholson. Or like my boyfriend at the time pointed out I was like a doll can you could see my tufting. As in dolly hair is put in in tufts. Ah, those days of flattery and romance (-;

It was always thus, but it freaked out my teenage self no end. I ahem, found a flattering part, and a flattering alternative part for a change, and abandoned the unflattering part and scraping back.

fiğrildi
August 18th, 2014, 12:08 PM
I think your part is perfectly fine, and I don't see any scalp patches either. Actually you seem to have a lot of hair. I would say that's a tiny cowlick, but that's barely noticeable. I've got a huge one at the back of my part, which sometimes seems like a small bald spot, and I'm not worried any bit! Yours is nothing, believe me :wink:

mamaherrera
August 18th, 2014, 02:04 PM
All of you, thanks from the bottom of my heart. YOu guys are like my therapy. I think, someone above said it perfectly. You all with fine hair, have to have MORE hair to cover a surface than me with M/C hair, so I maybe have "less" (quantity wise) but it looks the same, so perhaps at my part, there is a "TINY" more scalp because of that difference, but I'm looking too close. Thanks so much, like another said, I probably blow things out of perspective and have "hair dysmorphia", on top of that, I have the trauma of a dermatologist once telling me I was losing hair. THat was rough and tough to get out of your mind. So thanks so much for all of your looks. Yes to the other person who looks like they have male pattern stuff, I DO TOO . I have the little C's on the sides of my temples, where my temples go back farther than the rest of my hair line, and then I have the "M" because of my widow's peak, so put those two together, and I look majorly bald on top. So add that to the dermatologist's remark, and maybe you all can better understand where I'm coming from. Oh and then put that all with my big forward. . . so yes, I have some variances that cause me to fall into this fear of "balding" and all of your reassurance does help. Thanks so much. ANd I will try and play with my part!! Plus having long hair and comparing a part of "LONG HAIR" to someone with "SHORT HAIR", I think that also plays a part of it because the weight of the hair, makes the part a bit wider!! Thanks all and take care!

I think your part is perfectly fine, and I don't see any scalp patches either. Actually you seem to have a lot of hair. I would say that's a tiny cowlick, but that's barely noticeable. I've got a huge one at the back of my part, which sometimes seems like a small bald spot, and I'm not worried any bit! Yours is nothing, believe me :wink:

mamaherrera
August 18th, 2014, 02:04 PM
DELETE THIS POST--it was a repeat