PDA

View Full Version : 4 Years on LHC and Photo Overload! AspenSongs Hairiversity!

AspenSong
August 15th, 2014, 01:33 PM
Well, it's been officially 4 years since I signed up on LHC today! So here's my obligatory HAIRIVERSITY Post!! :disco:

I joined the forum after a couple years of working on growing out my hair. After my Dad passed away in 2008, I finally did something he'd asked me to do for several years and I stopped cutting my hair and quit the dye and started to grow my hair long again. My Dad was always the biggest fan of my long hair when I had it before. And I missed it, so I started my journey in 2008, but didn't join up here until 2010. Once here I have learned and grown and experimented. I've de-coned and turned to oils and henna and cassia masks. I've found what my hair likes and it's the healthier for it and all the information gathered here that's been shared by others. I've also spent more money on hair toys that I have clothing (I thrift store shop) lol. And I've made a couple lovely friends.

Let us take a trip.....

Pre-LHC short hair and blonde dye! Spent many years between having long hair, with short, dyed hair.
http://i59.tinypic.com/sex5bm.jpg

Here we have my hair after my wedding and then about 7 months months after my Dad passed on - I was petting Manta Rays at the aquarium. You can see roots!!
http://i60.tinypic.com/2rfrczr.jpg

This is just after I joined the board - We have my starting hair, still working on the bleach damage and cutting it back and then a year after, after I cut the last of the bleach off. I had a freakin' awesome growth year! Then later that year...Also pictured....my first bun with my first hair toy - my flexi!
http://i59.tinypic.com/10nrggy.jpg

Some length shots along the years...The good, the cocoon curls and the BAD!!! Proof that I usually only show the GOOD photos. Not that ones that highlight this thin and fine hair!
http://i59.tinypic.com/2ufdrip.jpg

And of course, one thing that comes of being on LHC and long hair - Buns! Started playing with updos and buying toys!! I would post a shot of all my toys, but I'm saving that for a blog.
http://i61.tinypic.com/20rw94h.jpg

One unexpected side effect of LHC was a best friend! Who'd have thought when I randomly messaged someone who I saw lived near me and read liked costuming to see if she wanted to do photos, that I'd end up with such a great friend in my life. <3 Very thankful for meeting Seeshami because of LHC. She has been a wonderful friend, no one really knows the half of it or how warm and sweet her heart is. At least to me. haha.
http://i57.tinypic.com/n6qbuu.jpg

And here we are today (well....a few weeks ago because my hair is too oily for a length shot. #LHCProblems. lol) I'm approaching knee length! I still struggle with accepting my hair and it's type. I do wish it was thicker, but I'm happy I've reached this length!
http://i61.tinypic.com/2qi1d7m.jpg

And a just because it's funny to me shot...if your hair is long, you can totally use it as a weapon against your husband - HAIR choke hold!!!
http://i61.tinypic.com/25z4cog.jpg

meteor
August 15th, 2014, 01:47 PM
YAY!!! Happy Hairiversary!!! :flowers:

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your photo-story! So amazing! :joy:

And the picture where your hair is braided together with Seeshami's is simply AWESOME! :D

Stunning, glorious, super-shiny hair! I love it! :applause

Dovetail
August 15th, 2014, 01:53 PM
Wow! What a journey!! I haven't even thought about my hair-na-versary!

bunzfan
August 15th, 2014, 01:58 PM
Oh. my.friggin.god !!! we joined the same year i know i'm stuck at hip because i keep cutting but how is it possible you are at knee :spitting::agape:

nakima
August 15th, 2014, 02:07 PM
wow! your hair looks awesome! I have been here 2 years and I am now at hip or a little past and seem to be at a stall. How did you do it? Please share your journey :)

jacqueline101
August 15th, 2014, 02:13 PM
That's a lot of growth. Your story is fabulous. I'm glad you met your friend seeshami on here. It's a great story you should blog this and keep it for next year when you add another year and more progress. Happy anniversary.

NuclearApple
August 15th, 2014, 02:13 PM
AspenSong your hair looks simply perfect! Long, silky and super smooth! And what an AMAZING growth!
Happy anniversary! :flower:

AspenSong
August 15th, 2014, 02:20 PM
wow! your hair looks awesome! I have been here 2 years and I am now at hip or a little past and seem to be at a stall. How did you do it? Please share your journey :)

Thanks.
Honestly, it's just been a lot of experimenting. What my hair has come to like is no sulfates, no cones...lots of oils. I heavy oil with coconut or olive oil. I use Nightblooming Triple moon oil on my scalp and ends lightly, jojoba for light oiling and Argan oil. I clarify wash with a bit of baking soda and rinse with vinegar - my hair LOVES ACV rinses! I do a 60% Cassia, 40% Henna gloss for a few hours here and there for strength and shine. I try to keep it up, since it is crazy fine. And other than trimming off the bad damage in a few big cuts, I've not had to trim tons. I've done a lot of S&D-ing and micro trims. :)

neko_kawaii
August 15th, 2014, 02:24 PM
Yay for AspenSong hair story and photos! Happy hairaversary!

lapushka
August 15th, 2014, 02:34 PM
Happy anniversary, AspenSong! Your hair looks fabulous, and knee? Wow! Impressive.

velorutionista
August 15th, 2014, 02:41 PM
wow! happy hairiversary indeed--love all the progress pics!!

BonnieU
August 15th, 2014, 02:53 PM
What a great story, and lovely pics! And how awesome is that, you were able to find an lhc friend to share all the fun with!

MissBubble
August 15th, 2014, 03:16 PM
Great story and pics, many good things in those years in LHC, beautiful hair, a friend... :) Congrats.

spidermom
August 15th, 2014, 03:19 PM
What a lot of growing!

RapunzelKat
August 15th, 2014, 03:21 PM
Wow AspenSong! :thudpile: Gorgeous hair, and what a lovely story! Nice to see another thin/finey reaching knee length - there's hope for me yet! :rolling:
Thanks for sharing your story and pictures! :flower:

DakarNick
August 15th, 2014, 03:39 PM
Great pics and lovely hair! I need to go to the aquarium one of these days, again.

cdmo
August 15th, 2014, 03:50 PM
Congrats! Your hair is beautiful and your journey inspiring. Thank you for sharing!

Madora
August 15th, 2014, 04:01 PM
Very impressive, AspenSong! Your hair shows the results of all that TLC! Good for you!

DreamSheep
August 15th, 2014, 04:03 PM
That was very inspiring to read actually! :)
Your hair is absolutely gorgeous - though I know what you mean by we always want what we don't have. That's very impressive growth, and I can only hope that my journey on LHC is as heartwarming as yours <3

Sarahlabyrinth
August 15th, 2014, 04:21 PM
Aspensong, your hair is so beautiful, and you have had amazing growth too! Plus the blessing of making a good friend through LHC, I too, have made a wonderful close friend here, I hope we will meet one day (we are on opposite sides of the world). Thanks for sharing so many wonderful photos! :)

Beatnik Guy
August 15th, 2014, 04:42 PM
Happy Hairniversity! :D

Tini'sNewHair
August 15th, 2014, 05:23 PM
WOOOOAAAAHHHH Your hair has grown so much and it looks STUNNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOved all the pics as well :)

Quasiquixotic
August 15th, 2014, 05:37 PM
Aspensong! Your hair looks amazing! You dad was right. You have beautiful hair! And it's so useful for spousicide ;)

Lovely!!

Inching Along
August 15th, 2014, 05:54 PM
Wow--congratulations on four great growth years, AspenSong! I love that your hair has been so lovely as it grows (I understand not sharing all the pictures; I don't, either! :) ), and that you found a great friend, too! That is such a bonus. Love the pictures and the last one with your hubby. I also have thin hair, but your photos don't show much thinness. Love your hair!

Ingrid
August 15th, 2014, 06:25 PM
Your natural hair looks glorious! Congratulations on such impressive growth, and finding your best friend in the process :cheer:

jasper
August 15th, 2014, 06:42 PM
What a fun collection of pictures! Thanks for sharing! Amazing hair, too!

ooglipoo
August 15th, 2014, 06:42 PM
*wolf whistle* Great work, AspenSong! You are such a cutie-patootie!

I love the updo shots, and the milk-maid braid photo is wonderful. Your celtic knot is awe inspiring too!

So, are you going for terminal, for sure? :popcorn: I can't wait to see you do it!!!

EdG
August 15th, 2014, 07:42 PM
That is fantastic. Happy anniversary! :)
Ed

Seeshami
August 15th, 2014, 07:59 PM
Totally late to the party but I brought boose!!! :alcoholic:

Happy 4 years!!!!

I need to order you present tonight and this time...I won't spoil it. But I am sending it straight to your house.

kidari
August 15th, 2014, 08:08 PM
:bottomsup::bottomsup::bottomsup: yay!!! I really enjoyed your post. I wish I could meet a friend like you did who shares similar interests... lucky you guys! I don't have the patience that you have to grow it that long (also I don't know if I have the genes that would allow it)... enjoy the fruits of your labor :blossom:

Leeloo
August 15th, 2014, 08:09 PM
Happy anniversary! :cake::flowers::bottomsup:

Lirona
August 15th, 2014, 08:33 PM
Your photos made me smile. What a wonderful journey, and congratulations! :toast:

Jennwith4
August 15th, 2014, 09:54 PM
Wonderful story and beautiful pics! Happy anniversary!

AspenSong
August 15th, 2014, 10:47 PM
Thank each and every one of you!! I would quote you all right now....but that would be a long freakin' post. lol. But I thank you all for the comments and compliments and sweet things. :)

kitana97
August 15th, 2014, 10:47 PM
Wow, your hair grows fast ad it is so beautiful! Can we make #LHCProblems a thing, ha!

Federica
August 16th, 2014, 01:37 AM
Wow, your hair is fabolous! Happy hairyversary to you!
Such nice pictures!

Creagan
August 16th, 2014, 02:56 AM
That's amazing! Way to go, and happy anniversary!

two_wheels
August 16th, 2014, 03:40 AM
Amazing journey! Your hair is so silky and pretty and long!

Lisa R
August 16th, 2014, 05:26 AM
A huge happy anniversary AspenSong:) You have gorgeous hair and it's an inspiration to me!! Just love the pics. Especially the cheeky look in your face as you pretend to hair strangle your hubby!! A huge well done on your hair growing journey.

Marika
August 16th, 2014, 05:35 AM
That's a whole lotta growing! Congrats! :toast:

You're giving hope to all of us fineys! :flower:

höpönasu
August 16th, 2014, 06:05 AM
Dreamy hair. :crush:

Johannah
August 16th, 2014, 06:11 AM
Love your story! Beautiful hair!! Congrats! :blossom:

Sama
August 16th, 2014, 07:02 AM
I absolutely adore your hair choke hold picture. ^.^ Congratulations on your hair anniversary, and an amazing hair journey, amazing hair, and most of all, congratulations on finding unexpected friendship. =)

slynr
August 16th, 2014, 07:08 AM
Congratulations on your beautiful progress. I have your same hair type and I hope it looks as good as yours as u gain length! Thank you so much for sharing:)

MeowScat
August 16th, 2014, 01:51 PM
I really enjoyed your post, almost Hairtwin! I can't believe how long it is, just gorgeous.

Clarkie
August 16th, 2014, 02:30 PM
Wow.....your progress is amazing. Thank you for sharing your story and pics.:applause

AspenSong
August 16th, 2014, 08:02 PM
Aw, thanks for the sweet comments. I can barely imagine my hair being "Dreamy". hehe. I look to so many here with hair admiration, it's strange to hear someone thinks my hair is great since I'm always so self conscious about it. <3

roseomalley
August 16th, 2014, 08:39 PM
I love your hair, your story, and your photos!

Nebulae
August 17th, 2014, 03:51 AM
I just have to agree with what everyone else have said, they said it so well! :flower: Congratulations on four years!

Rhaego
August 17th, 2014, 06:59 AM
Hi, happy anniversary!!
Wow, you achieved a great result, compliments! :agree:

Your hair are so beautiful, thanks for sharing your story!
I wish you all the best :wink:

Seeshami
August 17th, 2014, 12:07 PM
Aw, thanks for the sweet comments. I can barely imagine my hair being "Dreamy". hehe. I look to so many here with hair admiration, it's strange to hear someone thinks my hair is great since I'm always so self conscious about it. <3

I've been telling you so.

amanda_the_tall
August 25th, 2014, 08:04 PM
Wowowowow. Your hair is so beautiful! Thank you for sharing your photos, you've re-inspired me that thin hair can be long and beautiful! :)

Crumpet
August 25th, 2014, 08:15 PM
I'm glad this post came up today (I missed it while I was traveling).

You have such lovely hair and you are so beautiful! Your natural colour really suits you. Very inspiring story and so glad you made such a good friend here.

wool
August 25th, 2014, 08:20 PM
We have the same hair! Im so happy to see you with such great length! It looks so healthy and your hemline is the stuff of my dreams!

Teazel
August 25th, 2014, 09:01 PM
Your hair grows so fast, AspenSong, and looks so pretty! Congratulations, and happy hairiversary! :toast:

Amapola
August 25th, 2014, 09:07 PM
Congratulations! Another super-finey here... your hair is absolutely gorgeous, and your story is really wonderful. I enjoyed it very much!

DweamGoiL
August 25th, 2014, 09:13 PM
Beautiful story and impressive growth! :)

Rushli
August 25th, 2014, 09:19 PM
Love seeing your journey! What an inspiration!

PraiseCheeses
August 26th, 2014, 12:16 AM
Thank you for sharing your journey! Your hair is beautiful and remains one of my favorite inspirations. :)

StellaKatherine
August 26th, 2014, 12:23 AM
Congratulations!!! Your hair is truely looking amazing! :crush: You are true inspiration! Thank you so much for sharing your journey! :flower:

gnome82
August 26th, 2014, 05:23 AM
Congratulations on your hairiversity, your hair is so beautiful :D and I like the photo with your spouse :cool:

AspenSong
August 26th, 2014, 11:04 AM
Thank you for sharing your journey! Your hair is beautiful and remains one of my favorite inspirations. :)

Well jeez...thank you! That is kind of amazing to hear. I just can't wrap my head around inspiring anyone. :)

Thank you all! I'm going to have to come back to the comments in here when I'm having bad days with my hair and don't feel it's good enough and read them! I thank each of you so much and I'm sending you all *cyberhairhugs* :)

fiðrildi
August 26th, 2014, 11:14 AM
Loved your story, happy hairiversity! Your hair is sooo beautiful, so healhty, so long, so shiny! Congrats! :applause

Savvyhorsez
August 26th, 2014, 02:33 PM
Congratulations! You have an awesome growth rate!

Neecola
August 30th, 2014, 11:05 PM
Awww... I loved your anniversary post, AspenSong! Thank you for sharing so many cool photos. You are definitely an inspiration! Your hair is just beautiful and so are you :) Happy Anniversary~

Stray_mind
August 31st, 2014, 01:52 AM
Congratulations! You have such beautiful hair :)

ummyahya
August 31st, 2014, 03:47 AM
Happy anniversary!
I am also taking a while to come to terms with my hair texture; it completely changed after joining LHC.
However, you hair is really beautiful and shiny, I hope you get to your goal soon!