PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion for keeping hairs which are shorter than my main length from sticking out?

JCM
August 14th, 2014, 11:49 PM
http://s15.postimg.org/ucnoxoe4b/Hair2.png

http://s27.postimg.org/dw62xuekz/Hair.png

I recently had my ends cut which resulted in the loss of several inches from my length.
Now that my hair length is shorter I feel that the baby hairs which are not as long as my main length are more noticeable.
Are there any products I can use which will keep the baby hairs and fly away hairs which are shorter than my main length from sticking out?
I apologize for the lack in detail of the pictures I posted above but if you look really closely you will see them.
I assure you the shorter hairs sticking out from my main length look much worse in person.

Cania
August 15th, 2014, 02:15 AM
You can rub a little aloe vera gel between your palms then run your hands over the length, like a conventional serum. I use it for my fuzzier days and it seems to help :)

Ingrid
August 15th, 2014, 02:25 AM
I use a tiny bit of light oil to smooth them down. Camellia, argan or jojoba seem to work well without making hair look "oily".

Aderyn
August 15th, 2014, 04:13 AM
I usually just take a tiny bit of coconut oil or Panacea and use it to tame those hairs. Gels may have a stronger, longer-lasting hold.

I'm not too picky about fuzzy hairs, though, as I live in quite a humid environment and it's pretty much part of life around here (especially for a wurly).

eadwine
August 15th, 2014, 06:03 AM
After I throw my hair in a bun I LOVE those hairs sticking out. Gives it a playful effect. Embrace them :)

Madora
August 15th, 2014, 10:03 AM
Not to be a wet blanket, but the newer growth hairs are going to be a constant thing. Yes, you can put oil on your hair...but it is not going to help the situation much because you'd need to apply much more oil to the hair than is warranted. These hairs are all over your head and will show up again and again...in spite of the oiling.

Also note that the more oil you put on your hair, the more your hair will attract every particle in the universe...which leads to a need for washing more often.

If you still want to use oil, then perhaps you'd want to investigate former LHC member Ktani's article on the "Drying Capacities of Oil" link: http://ktanihairsense.blogspot.ca/2011/12/understanding-drying-capacity-of-oils.html

jacqueline101
August 15th, 2014, 11:48 AM
I was going to suggest sugar water you mix one table spoon of sugar to 8 ounces of water let it cool pour into a mister bottle.

JCM
August 15th, 2014, 01:46 PM
Thank you to everyone who has responded.

In my observations I have discovered...
The shorter hairs stick out less when I use my fingers to comb through my hair in the morning as opposed to an actual comb or brush.
The shorter hairs stick out more when my hair is freshly shampooed and puffy.
They stick out less 3-5 days after my hair has been washed.

As a general rule I always try to have my hair washed at the salon once a week/once every seven days.
So right as I am starting to make progress then I am forced to start over again right back where I started from.

Perhaps I should wash less often.
Once every 10-15 days.
But I do not want to get into the habit of being comfortable with less washings.

Madora
August 15th, 2014, 08:39 PM
I don't mean to be rude, JCM, but why do you have your hair washed at a salon? That seems like a very expensive way to keep your hair clean.

Shampooing once a week is perfectly fine. I used to do it regularly years and years ago. But it is better if you can manage to stretch your washes a little bit more.

woodswanderer
August 15th, 2014, 09:19 PM
I was wondering that too. I would probably have to get paid at least $200 to even allow someone to wash my hair. I was forced to let a lady wash it when I was in nursing school so she could practice and it was some kind of long hair nightmare. She screwed up my hair something awful.

Catatafish
August 18th, 2014, 07:41 AM
Have you tried using a simple leave-in conditioner? Aussie also make nice conditioning gel sprays and mousses that I use from time to time. I'm not sure how hair friendly they are, but if you use them sparingly I can't imagine them causing too much damage. I haven't noticed any ill side effects at least.