PDA

View Full Version : How to moisturize hair ends in between washes?

LocustSpawning
August 14th, 2014, 03:57 PM
Without oiling...?

I imagine some kind of moisturizing hair mist you can spritz on your ends that will soften it (to be used on dry hair, not damp). Does it exist? Do you make your own?

Larki
August 14th, 2014, 04:30 PM
You're thinking of leave-in conditioner.

LocustSpawning
August 14th, 2014, 05:13 PM
Yeah, but a leave in conditioner you can use on hair when it's dry .... (as in not damp). I've tried that and it just goes sticky and weird... I mean a product thats designed for dry hair

becker
August 14th, 2014, 05:42 PM
I use a tiny bit of LUSH R&B on my ends when my hair is feeling extra dry. Works well for me.

Jennwith4
August 14th, 2014, 06:28 PM
I recently tried aloe gel mixed with some oils on my dry ends and it moisturized very nicely.

MsPharaohMoan
August 14th, 2014, 07:10 PM
I recently tried aloe gel mixed with some oils on my dry ends and it moisturized very nicely.

This, in a spritz bottle with some water, does wonders for me as well.

Anje
August 14th, 2014, 07:48 PM
I'm known to just smear conditioner on my length, stick it in a baggy, and let it sit for a while. Rinse it out, and you have freshly conditioned ends while having only wet a fraction of your hair.

ETA: I have issues with leave-ins making my hair weird and sticky, so I generally don't use them. For me, a mini-conditioning is the more effective route. YMMV :)

Larki
August 14th, 2014, 08:00 PM
Huh! I've never had any issues using leave-ins on dry hair.

itdontmatter48
August 14th, 2014, 08:14 PM
I use aloe Vera juice in a spray bottle. Works great wet or dry.

LadyCelestina
August 15th, 2014, 03:09 AM
I use diluted conditioner ...I just take some into my palms,wet them,then smooth into my hair.

lapushka
August 15th, 2014, 03:44 AM
Mist your hair with distilled water containing a bit of conditioner, or mist with just the water and apply your leave-in again.

JustPam
August 15th, 2014, 04:05 AM
I use diluted conditioner (Tresemme Naturals Smooth) in a spray bottle too in the morning, also have a little pot of Lush R&B at work I use if my ends feel dry later in the day.

GetMeToWaist
August 15th, 2014, 04:18 AM
Whenever my hair starts to get dry inbetween I just oil it heavily (if im not seeing anyone), sleep in it overnignt and wear it in a high bun the next day so no one can tell it's oiled, and then the NEXT day i'll wash it out. Coconut oil usually.

Firefox7275
August 15th, 2014, 04:20 AM
Without oiling...?

I imagine some kind of moisturizing hair mist you can spritz on your ends that will soften it (to be used on dry hair, not damp). Does it exist? Do you make your own?

Oils do not moisturise hair, they are anhydrous (contain no water) and are water repellent. I suspect you are thinking of emollience not moisture (water). Some people make their own spray from a little conditioner plus water. Be sure to make up a new batch frequently, this mic can easily go bad.

Marika
August 15th, 2014, 04:47 AM
I would use a leave-in conditioner (spray). Almost every brand has their own version. Creamy or lotion-y leave-ins can leave hair a bit sticky if applied on dry hair.