PDA

View Full Version : Ponytail circumference question

diddiedaisy
August 13th, 2014, 07:22 PM
Hi all, when measuring ponytail circumference is there a best place to do it, such as high or low, and also when you measure, how much do you compact hair? And if you have bangs and hair that won't fit in the pony what kind of allowance do you add on? Thanks

Entangled
August 13th, 2014, 08:00 PM
For bangs, you can make a ponytail of all of your hair in your forehead. You'll look and feel a little silly, but you can measure all of your hair that way. It doesn't matter where you put your ponytail as long as you can fit all if your hair into it, which can be tricky if your hair is shorter. As for how much you compact hair, I'm under the impression that you compress it as much as you can to get an accurate rating.

diddiedaisy
August 13th, 2014, 09:23 PM
I've got way too many different lengths of hair to get into the pony. I'm recovering from a shed. But, hooray, my ponytail at my crown has now gone just past the two inches, its maybe 2 1/4 inches, and that's leaving out bangs, crazy bits all over my head that are too short to do anything but stick out and the hair near my nape.

When I joined in December it was just about 2 inches maybe a bit less, so I'm thrilled, can't wait for it to travel down, my ponytail tapers off to about 1/2 inch.

So a big thankyou to all the LHC'ers for the great information I've learnt on the site. :hifive:

LadyCelestina
August 14th, 2014, 05:04 AM
What if I measure significantly more on top of head than I do at the bottom? Do I use the larger measurement?

ETA:I mean,in theory,yes I am an iii,but I guess it's the length that actually is long enough to do something with that matters when it comes to hair,in other words,length that I can scramble where I actually place my buns.

:D Could be individual

LadyCelestina
August 14th, 2014, 05:14 AM
Anyway,way to go diddiedaisy! Those baby hair will travel into your pony tail soon :o

Entangled
August 14th, 2014, 05:19 AM
To be honest, I have no idea. I think what matters is how the thickness acts? I would lean towards the smaller measurement personally, because it would seem to be more compressed, but I don't think it matters too much.