PDA

View Full Version : Deep Conditioning + SLS Shampoo = ?

jaquelines
August 13th, 2014, 07:27 AM
I was wondering if I make a deep treatment and I wash with SLS shampoo, will this diminish the effect of the deep/any sort of pre-shampoo-conditioning?

Anje
August 13th, 2014, 07:40 AM
Not necessarily. If you wash first, it'll clear off buildup of you have any and will charge your hair slightly, helping the conditioner to adsorb better, including any anionic components it contains.

I prefer to just rinse out my deep conditioning treatments, but plenty of people appreciate the effect they get from oiling heavily a few hours before shampooing.

kganihanova
August 13th, 2014, 07:54 AM
Nah not really. I do this all time and I still have an effect.

Johannah
August 13th, 2014, 07:59 AM
This (http://www.thenaturalhavenbloom.com/2012/10/deep-conditioning-dry-hair-wet-hair-or.html) might help you.

Personally, I like to wash my hair first and THEN do a conditioning treatment. But sometimes I use it before shampoo as well (because the treatment makes my hair greasy fast).

jaquelines
August 13th, 2014, 07:59 AM
Great to hear that. I thought since SLS strips the hair out of his natural oils, it will strip off the oils from the deep conditioning.

jupiterinleo
August 13th, 2014, 12:32 PM
I think it's alright. I used to wash after every DC and my hair was still noticeably shiny after the wash.

Firefox7275
August 14th, 2014, 12:56 PM
I was wondering if I make a deep treatment and I wash with SLS shampoo, will this diminish the effect of the deep/any sort of pre-shampoo-conditioning?

Depends on the ingredients (do any penetrate?) and if you shampoo just your roots or the full lengths and ends too. The studies on oils penetrating used a sulphate shampoo, it is possible this actually aids penetration.

Gertrude
August 15th, 2014, 01:35 PM
The George Michael salon in London uses their blue SLS shampoo before the famous 60 minute treatment. To help it penetrate. I don't know about penetration etc but the treatment makes for very soft, bouncy, silky hair so it seems a good combination. SLS+ deep condition.

If I use SLS once I am okay, but skin begins to get flaky and stressed if repeated use, so for home deep conditioning I use my regular SLS free gentle shampoo and get similar good results.