PDA

View Full Version : Darn split ends

Shibe
August 12th, 2014, 03:40 PM
You always spot one when you are busy doing stuff! I walked around my condo holding the strand the split was in for a good 5 minutes while I looked for my scissors!! :rolleyes:

queenovnight
August 12th, 2014, 04:26 PM
Lol! This is why I keep a pair of hair cutting scissors in my purse AT ALL TIMES xD I'm a little crazy about getting rid of split ends.

Elven_Escapist
August 12th, 2014, 11:33 PM
I do this all the time, my family thinks I'm OCD about split ends XD My dad thinks its crazy so I try not to cut split ends in front of him:P

YGDW
August 13th, 2014, 12:02 AM
Oh yeah, it's so strange! I often see split ends at work.... So I promise myself to do a good S&D session when home. However, when I try to S&D, I can't find anything to destroy! :confused:

RainbowBowser
August 13th, 2014, 12:12 AM
I get like this on public transit or in vehicles, which means on my own S&D time I need to either get outside for it or get some good lighting

Creagan
August 13th, 2014, 01:30 AM
I have to be careful not to hunt for splits in public, because if I find one and don't have access to scissors I'm liable to pull the entire hair out. That's something I really do not want to become a habit.

Elven_Escapist
August 13th, 2014, 01:53 AM
I get like this on public transit or in vehicles, which means on my own S&D time I need to either get outside for it or get some good lighting

This is usually what happens to me, I look at my hair and see no split ends, a little bit later I'm in the car and they seem to be every where... I have been meaning to S&D outside but the past few days have been rainy/dark.

Federica
August 13th, 2014, 02:29 AM
My splits are always super visible only when I don't have my S&D scissors with me.
As soon as I get them, the splits hide scared deep into my locks.

Johannah
August 13th, 2014, 03:45 AM
The magic of updo's, haha. Otherwise I get crazy. :p

Shibe
August 14th, 2014, 02:18 AM
I always see splits out of the corner of my eye in public, and when I go back to snip them they've disappeared!

It sucks that it would be of bad taste to snip those bad boys in public, haha!

peachyleshy
August 15th, 2014, 04:34 PM
I like to cut my split ends off in the car. I have a pair of little scissors in there and I can see them well in the daylight. When my hair was long before I was quite obsessive about cutting them off.

jacqueline101
August 15th, 2014, 05:24 PM
I've always said split ends are smart they're good at hiding. They hide whenever I go to get my scissors.

ladyshep
August 15th, 2014, 05:29 PM
I've always said split ends are smart they're good at hiding. They hide whenever I go to get my scissors.

Yep, I agree! lol

DreamSheep
August 15th, 2014, 05:49 PM

This mde me chuckle so much!
Whenever I'm in a lecture / someplace where whipping out a pair of scissors and snipping hair tips is not deemed socially acceptable is always when I find the most dreadful feathered ends and long splits. Later on, when I'm in the privacy of my bedroom with some scissors, they are nowhere to be found. :-(

jacqueline101
August 15th, 2014, 06:59 PM
Yep, I agree! lol

I've found this to be true.

jacqueline101
August 15th, 2014, 07:00 PM
This mde me chuckle so much!
Whenever I'm in a lecture / someplace where whipping out a pair of scissors and snipping hair tips is not deemed socially acceptable is always when I find the most dreadful feathered ends and long splits. Later on, when I'm in the privacy of my bedroom with some scissors, they are nowhere to be found. :-(

I know at work I find them but I don't have scissors to cut them with. When I get home they're gone.

Elven_Escapist
August 15th, 2014, 09:42 PM
I always see splits out of the corner of my eye in public, and when I go back to snip them they've disappeared!

It sucks that it would be of bad taste to snip those bad boys in public, haha!

If I lose a split end I later look for nine splits to make up for losing one XD