PDA

View Full Version : I cut my hair!

Barca
September 21st, 2008, 02:04 PM
And I literally screamed when I saw the first strands fall...http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v390/ExclusiveXa/haircut2.jpg

but I know it it for the best, b/c those relaxed ends were horrible. my hair is sti beached, but its much healthier than the bleached AND relaxed ends. I forgot how curly my hair really is, so my hair looks much shorter than it actually is...but I look forward to growing healthy, long pretty hair :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v390/ExclusiveXa/haircut.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v390/ExclusiveXa/haircut3.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v390/ExclusiveXa/haircut4.jpg

fleurdelis
September 21st, 2008, 02:09 PM
Your new haircut looks nice, and fitts you face very prettilly! Good luck in growing just the hair you want, I am sure that now it will be easier.

Barca
September 21st, 2008, 02:13 PM
Thanks! :)

twilight_faerie
September 21st, 2008, 02:19 PM
:thumbsup: I think it looks great! :agree:

lapushka
September 21st, 2008, 02:47 PM
Good on you for cutting your relaxed ends. Congrats on the BC (= big chop @ naturallycurly.com).

It looks great, nice curls!!!

Shanarana
September 21st, 2008, 02:49 PM
You did what you needed to do......still looks great! :)

yogachic
September 21st, 2008, 02:52 PM
It looks great, and you will love the feel of natural hair.

Amara
September 21st, 2008, 03:06 PM
It looks gorgeous!! happy growing!

Barca
September 21st, 2008, 03:54 PM
thanks everyone! :)

bunnii
September 21st, 2008, 03:58 PM
I like it, it really suits you :) and it'll grow out better than it did before :cheer:

Speedbump
September 21st, 2008, 04:05 PM
Great curls, Barca! The style looks really good on you. Happy growing! :cheese:

Xandergrammy
September 21st, 2008, 04:07 PM
It looks lovely, and I look forward to watching your growing process. :flowers:

noelgirl
September 21st, 2008, 04:11 PM
It looks great - look at those curls! Your natural texture is so pretty, and it will continue to look gorgeous as it grows :)

spidermom
September 21st, 2008, 05:00 PM
That was a lot of length to lose all at once, but wow, great new look.

Medvssa
September 21st, 2008, 05:37 PM
You look very cute :) cutting off the damaged ends feels great, doesn't it? :)

paper
September 21st, 2008, 05:45 PM
I'm sorry you had to lose your hair. But, you do look cute with your new cut. And, I'm sure your much happier now that the damage is cut off. Good luck!

Country Cowcurl
September 21st, 2008, 05:46 PM
wow, you're brave to make such a major step towards healthier hair.....well done = ) it looks lovely & will look even better as it grows out!

Barca
September 21st, 2008, 06:31 PM
Thank you so much everyone! I'm feeling a little self conscious with my hair this short. I'm fighting the urge to blow dry it straight to show some length. But thank you everyone! You're words are very encouraging, and I'm going to put the blower away in the back of my closet!

ChatoyantLocks
September 21st, 2008, 07:00 PM
Congratulations on a fresh start! It will grow longer before you know it! :)

HeatherMae
September 21st, 2008, 07:07 PM
I think your hair looks really pretty. I know that it was hard to get that much cut off, but you did it for all the right reasons. You were very brave. Good for you!! :)

Dolly
September 21st, 2008, 07:28 PM
Step away from the blow dryer! LOL! No, seriously, I think it looks really pretty, and you will get your length back before you know it! Only this time, it will be healthy!!

GlennaGirl
September 21st, 2008, 07:36 PM
It's ADORABLE...what a great cut.

You're beautiful. And BTW, I love your glasses! I'm always on the Search for the Perfect Glasses.

I love the hair, with those big romantic fun curls. Lucky girl!

Barca
September 21st, 2008, 08:36 PM
Thanks! My friend actually cut my hair last night... just clipped off the damage. I love that I don't really have to comb it now- just finger style and go. hopefully that will give me more length quicker. :)

p.s. no blow dryer! i keep it for adding heat for treatments, but not direct heat for styling...no need to start a bad habit

Spun
September 21st, 2008, 09:08 PM
Personally I think it looks even better now. It was really pretty before but you took it a step further.

PS is that a vertical labret?

getoffmyskittle
September 21st, 2008, 09:23 PM
Whoa, you are gorgeous. I love your glasses and piercings. Oh, and the hair, too. :wink:

Barca
September 21st, 2008, 09:24 PM
Personally I think it looks even better now. It was really pretty before but you took it a step further.

PS is that a vertical labret?

Thanks :) and it's just a regular labret under my lip, but I've been wearing a horseshoe ring in it recently.

teela1978
September 21st, 2008, 09:39 PM
Just to reiterate whats been said, your new cut is really adorable! Can't wait to see how it looks as it grows out, love the curls :)

Spun
September 21st, 2008, 09:42 PM
Thanks :) and it's just a regular labret under my lip, but I've been wearing a horseshoe ring in it recently.
Horseshoe! How deceiving! :eek: I still love it, though! I have a vertical and rarely see others with it so I had to ask.

Starr
September 21st, 2008, 10:32 PM
Congrats on the big chop! Your hair looks great!

coppercurls
September 21st, 2008, 10:37 PM
Good for you for being so brave! Your new cut looks great.:)

rapunzhell13
September 21st, 2008, 10:43 PM
It really suits you as is, but it's gonna look amazing long too! You're very brave for getting the Big Chop. :)

kunibob
September 22nd, 2008, 01:02 AM
That looks very cute on you and its must feel great to know that the hair you have is super healthy. It's a great starting place, and I look forward to seeing your updates as you continue to grow! :)

Arctic_Mama
September 22nd, 2008, 02:50 AM
The shape of your curls is so flattering and lovely on your face. I know cuts are painful, especially when extremely curly hair seems to grow at a snail's pace anyway, but it really looks phenomenal.

dorothea-brooke
September 22nd, 2008, 03:55 AM
I love your curls! Now you can relax (oops, no pun intended!) and enjoy watching your nice healthy new hair grow long. :) And in the meantime, it looks super-cute as is, too! :flower:

FrannyG
September 22nd, 2008, 04:03 AM
Beautiful hair, beautiful you! Isn't it wonderful that your hair has grown so much that you could cut out all of the relaxer and still have so much hair?

You cut it at the perfect time, and I'm really looking forward to your coming progress! :blossom:

Lamb
September 22nd, 2008, 04:30 AM
Good decision! :agree: Your new style is very pretty, and your curls are gorgeous.

AnimaSola3o4
September 22nd, 2008, 04:32 AM
I think it looks great! And happy growing! I too did a big chop of my own rather recently (at least two weeks ago lol i was too scared to mention it!) But seeing your courage and your posting has inspired me to post about my BC.

ETA: My link to my BC post is here: clicky (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?p=276903#post276903)

Miss Hidley
September 22nd, 2008, 04:36 AM
I think the short natural curls look really cute on you! I know its hard to resist the blowfryer when you've just lost a lot of length (personal experience....) but if you can manage it your hair will look so much better in the end. Good on you for being so brave with the BC!

Barca
September 22nd, 2008, 07:56 AM
Horseshoe! How deceiving! :eek: I still love it, though! I have a vertical and rarely see others with it so I had to ask.

I love vertical labrets! Ironically I'm afraid of the pain (I say ironically b/c i've had 12 piercings at one point and I have 16 tattoos...but I'm scared of that one LOL). We'll see how they like it at my job today when I go back to work lol