PDA

View Full Version : Proud of myself

polishrose
August 12th, 2014, 01:57 PM
My 16 year old wanted to dip dye the tips of her hair red so after a short discussion she agreed to try henna. We bought lush caca rouge and she has about 20 mins to go until she washes it off. She has almost waist length hair so I wouldn't want her to ruin it. Pics will follow later. :)

NatNat
August 12th, 2014, 02:12 PM
Oooo I'm excited to see how it turns out! :)

polishrose
August 12th, 2014, 07:57 PM
Turned out too ginger so she is going to redo it tomorrow. She wants a bright red. Her hair is honey blonde. Any ideas how to get it to the shade she wants? It was on her hair 3 hours.

Ishje
August 12th, 2014, 10:34 PM
I think the color of henna changes after it is applied, maybe she should wait a couple of day's.
Also, The color changes when you apply it more often. I have seen people that use henna who started with orange hair, and after a year of henna it was more a dark red.

I am not an expert though. I imagine it is difficult to get the exact color you want with henna.
I suggest you try and find a henna topic, and read it for more info.

Johannah
August 13th, 2014, 03:47 AM
Can't wait to see some pics! :)

Kherome
August 13th, 2014, 07:35 PM
Pics ?????

Firefox7275
August 14th, 2014, 01:09 PM
Go over it with a high pigment semi permanent (eg. Manic Panic, La Riche Directions) ideally left overnight. Ends are always somewhat damaged from normal 'weathering' so may well be porous enough to accept a semi permanent. Her hair will not come out bright red without persulphate bleach/ peroxide tho unless she has a fairly light base colour (blonde to light auburn).

polishrose
August 14th, 2014, 05:55 PM
Hi we looked at semi permanents but they were all brown or darker. Her hair is a light honey blonde naturally. I forgot to take pics today. It did darken a little overnight. I will take pics tomorrow.

polishrose
August 17th, 2014, 07:53 AM
Here's her hair. She has braid waves :)

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b252/polishrose/imagejpg3_zps0967b7cc.jpg

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b252/polishrose/imagejpg4_zps1b3d1b7f.jpg

She loves it :)

Rhaego
August 17th, 2014, 08:17 AM
Oh...It's soo lovely :love:
Well done!
In my opinion the color is very nice...it's light, but not too much. Looking at the picture I believe it can be considered as a fair compromise between auburn red and ginger orange.

polishrose
August 17th, 2014, 08:41 AM
Now I just need to get her to oil the ends at night :)

Imalath
August 17th, 2014, 11:09 AM
That's beautiful; I love the fade of blonde to red. Good job

NuclearApple
August 17th, 2014, 03:42 PM
It looks amazing!!!

lapushka
August 17th, 2014, 05:23 PM
Very pretty! :) And nice braid waves.

Dickiebow
August 17th, 2014, 05:25 PM
She has lovely hair. Cute dog too. is it a schnoodle?

polishrose
August 17th, 2014, 06:42 PM
The dog is an mystery. Lol. She's a rescue dog so age and breed unknown. We suspect several different breeds but nothing is certain. :)

jackie_rapunzel
August 17th, 2014, 07:25 PM
Very pretty! Reminds me of fire or a Hayley Williams-esqe do. I'm glad she likes it!!

Clarkie
August 17th, 2014, 07:49 PM
Looks awesome! I think you may just qualify for the coolest Mom ever award :)

polishrose
August 18th, 2014, 03:23 AM
Lol thanks Clarkie but I already got that one when I took the kids to see One Direction in concert in June :) ( I'm a not so secret fan of theirs lol)

ErinLeigh
August 18th, 2014, 04:28 AM
I love it. Looks like a flame. If she is bored and wants to kick up bright red now and then, she can add manic panic to the ends. Honestly tho what she has is great..plus will keep her ends strong (or so I hear)

I was just thinking is would amazing with some big heatless curls. I variation from blond to flame would look fantastic cascading down a big loopy curl.

polishrose
August 18th, 2014, 05:13 AM
Erinleigh you're right it would look awesome :) what's the best way of curling it?

ErinLeigh
August 18th, 2014, 07:09 AM
Mine is too short to curl personally but beautyklove on youtube has a ton of great heatless curl methods using sponges, bandannas, straws etc.
I was thinking, another way if you DD wants a deeper red would be to reapply the henna a few more time to build up color. In the henna threads they discuss the various henna mixes and content that lean the different directions toward red, orange, wine etc. Great threads on that board.

Great job on daughters hair. It is lovely.

polishrose
August 18th, 2014, 01:35 PM
Thanks Erin. I will take a look. :)

terryn
August 18th, 2014, 09:27 PM
Henna does take about a week to oxidize, and the color change is definitely noticeable. It's best if she gives it a few days before redoing it.

Other than that, I would look into manic panic, they have done great vegetable based deposit only dyes in truly funky colors. There's no reason she can't apply one over the henna to tone it to mor of the red she wants.