PDA

View Full Version : Self-Trimming Short Hair

YesitsReal
August 12th, 2014, 08:29 AM
I have been going to the hairdresser for trims since I got my hair cut short, but I'd like to go back to self-trimming. I'm coming up on needing a trim in the next few weeks, and I was wondering if anyone knows of a way to self-trim shorter hair. I've searched the boards and the rest of the Interwebs, but I can't find much of anything. My longest layers are just brushing my collarbone when stretched, so S&D isn't really an option atm. Thanks!

lapushka
August 12th, 2014, 09:48 AM
If you don't have white dots, or split ends (which you can solve by S&D'ing), then there really is no need to trim, unless maybe you want to even up your hemline, or some such.

I'd use Feye's method, or get a creaclip, and get someone to help you trim the back, as it is going to be pretty impossible to do on your own at this length.

browneyedsusan
August 12th, 2014, 12:25 PM
I went 10 months without trimming while growing my pixie out. Can you put into a half-up while it grows out a bit more? (That's the strategy I used. I wore the front up for months and months. No one knew how scraggely it really was because I never showed them! Once it grew out enough, I had the hairdresser even up the layers from the grown-out earholes, bangs, and the like.) Soon, you'll have enough to self trim with Feye's method.

Johannah
August 12th, 2014, 12:52 PM
Feye's method is wonderful. But like lapushka said, no need for trims if you don't have damage.

YvetteVarie
August 13th, 2014, 01:55 AM
if you really need a trim, my method at the moment is to do about 8 - 10 braids, and then just trim off the amount I want to trim. My hair is not totally even in length using this method, but it gets rid of some damage and the relaxed hair I'm growing out, and makes my ends feel good. (I normally trim off up to an inch every 4 or so months).