PDA

View Full Version : I chopped!

amanda_the_tall
August 11th, 2014, 09:46 PM
Well today I did a daring thing. I went and got my hair chopped into one of those angled bobs. I was right at bsl but was having issues with dryness and tangles and just got sick of my hair as I couldn't do anything without getting horrendous knots. I went to walmart (bad idea now) as I had previously had a good cut there before but alas, the lady cut my hair WAY shorter than we originally agreed on. She had showed me the spot on my back where she would cut and yeah the back hairs are even with my nape they don't even reach the bottom of my neck.. Plus my sister and I had to go back and trim stray hairs when we got home because she missed them and they were at least 3 inches longer than the rest of the hairs. Good news: hair is very flippy and light and soft from where all previous dye damage is gone (in the back at least, since my hairs are barely two inches long there) and I've come to realize that shorter hair makes my hair look the thickest and I might not grow longer than shoulder/apl for a while... Once I get there... The 'bad' news is it's way way shorter than I planned and it makes me nervous since I can't use my hair as a distraction from my fatness anymore.. However the hair will grow back out and I will be having regular axcess to a gym when the (final) semester starts to work on my fatness :) I haven't seen my boyfriend since the ordeal so I hope he doesn't hate it... Then again he probably won't notice it's gone.

MINAKO
August 11th, 2014, 09:52 PM
Pics or it didn't happen! :D

Great you are enjoying the change to find new perspective about yourself. Congrats! :flower:

ErinLeigh
August 11th, 2014, 10:16 PM
Congratulation on the cut. I just got the same cut, only mine is "neck to shoulder length angle stage" right now. It grows out quick so don't worry if it is a little shorter than you wanted.
I agree on the thickness. Mine seems a lot thicker if even only an illusion. Also loving the ease of styling.

I hope you are happy with your new fresh start. I am sure it looks gorgeous.

diddiedaisy
August 11th, 2014, 11:14 PM
Wow, that's brave. I'd like to see a pic too.

divinedobbie
August 11th, 2014, 11:36 PM
Pictures! :)

Briella
August 12th, 2014, 12:47 AM
Yes, we need pics! It's great you're almost free of dye damage. I hope you enjoy those fresh healthy ends!

Johannah
August 12th, 2014, 02:00 AM
Yes! Pictures! And congrats with your new start! :blossom:

Merlin
August 12th, 2014, 02:16 AM
What they all said POIDH

lapushka
August 12th, 2014, 06:08 AM
Picture, please! I'm sorry it was cut too short to your liking, but hey... that's the chance you take when going to hairdressers. :shrug: Hope it's a nice brand new start for you. :)

Kherome
August 12th, 2014, 07:00 AM
Well today I did a daring thing. I went and got my hair chopped into one of those angled bobs. I was right at bsl but was having issues with dryness and tangles and just got sick of my hair as I couldn't do anything without getting horrendous knots. I went to walmart (bad idea now) as I had previously had a good cut there before but alas, the lady cut my hair WAY shorter than we originally agreed on. She had showed me the spot on my back where she would cut and yeah the back hairs are even with my nape they don't even reach the bottom of my neck.. Plus my sister and I had to go back and trim stray hairs when we got home because she missed them and they were at least 3 inches longer than the rest of the hairs. Good news: hair is very flippy and light and soft from where all previous dye damage is gone (in the back at least, since my hairs are barely two inches long there) and I've come to realize that shorter hair makes my hair look the thickest and I might not grow longer than shoulder/apl for a while... Once I get there... The 'bad' news is it's way way shorter than I planned and it makes me nervous since I can't use my hair as a distraction from my fatness anymore.. However the hair will grow back out and I will be having regular axcess to a gym when the (final) semester starts to work on my fatness :) I haven't seen my boyfriend since the ordeal so I hope he doesn't hate it... Then again he probably won't notice it's gone.

It doesn't work anyway so don't worry about that one. You can see fat no matter how much hair you have, trust me, I know. Thing is you're probably the only one who noticed it much regardless.

amanda_the_tall
August 12th, 2014, 02:21 PM
Ok so I posted two pictures in my album titled 'hair 2014'!! I would link it but I'm on my phone right now and it's being stupid dropping the internet. The bf is coming over today so I'm crossing fingers that he doesn't despise it. It's so short I'm only using shampoo since conditioner makes it oilier.. I might try a spray leave in on the front longer bits.

Khristopher
August 12th, 2014, 05:07 PM
I just saw your pics, the bob suits you so much!! You look lovely and so does your hair :blossom: enjoy it the most you can, it'll grow fast!

ARG
August 12th, 2014, 05:12 PM
Such a cute hair cut! It suits your features so well! Fingers crossed for you that the boyfriend likes it, if he doesn't, oh well! You look awesome!

kganihanova
August 12th, 2014, 10:54 PM
That bob looks so cute on you!!

butter52
August 13th, 2014, 12:58 AM
I love it! It show off your pretty face!

amanda_the_tall
August 13th, 2014, 07:27 AM
Daww thanks guys!! :) Turns out he likes it. Mainly because he can't get caught in it now lol. One thing that's weird is the back poofs out from where all the short hairs try to curl or flip but I'm trying to avoid heat as much as possible so when it gets longer it won't be as dry. It also feels weird that it's rubbing my neck, I haven't had it this short in at least 10 years. One thing I enjoy is being able to just finger comb! Haha.

Charybdis
August 13th, 2014, 08:58 AM
Like everyone else said, cute! It'll be easy to grow out, I think.

And you don't look even a little bit fat to me. :flower:

amanda_the_tall
August 14th, 2014, 09:46 PM
Like everyone else said, cute! It'll be easy to grow out, I think.

And you don't look even a little bit fat to me. :flower:

Dawww thank you Charybdis, :) this is why I only take face pictures haha it's not as apparent that way! I'm thinking about doing microtrims once I get to the growing out stage... I'm hoping that will keep the ends feeling and looking thicker vs. growing for a year or two then fighting tangles like I've always done...

hairpleasegrow
August 14th, 2014, 10:13 PM
Congrats on your new cut! I also feel like I look skinnier when my hair is longer. I'm not sure why :) Enjoy your new style.

I find it is just as easy to fixate on hair length as it is my weight (I know because I've been hovering at SL for far too long now ). Instead of concentrating on what weight I am I instead concentrate on what healthy whole foods I am putting into my body. I find it helps….. and I feel better PLUS I've lost weight without even trying. Hopefully my hair will benefit and grow in nicely too ….

höpönasu
August 15th, 2014, 02:08 PM
Pretty! I've been itching to cut to a bob/shoulder length too. :o Maybe not yet though...

gnome82
August 15th, 2014, 03:15 PM
Looks great, enjoy!!

amanda_the_tall
August 18th, 2014, 09:29 PM
I'm missing having longer hair today, I had to ride in my dad's truck which has no a/c, so my hair got SUPER tangly from the windows being down, and now that it's so short it feels like I'm yanking the knots out from my scalp. Ouchies!