PDA

View Full Version : haha, my mum thought she finally got her wish!

Monsoonu
August 10th, 2014, 02:30 AM
Last night, my friend and I had a particularly evil streak going on, my friend is a hairdresser had just trimmed my ends and after much protest cut my front feathering in (she was against it as she was worried I would regret it).

We kept the the longer chunks from the front (I had grown it to almost 1 length) and took a photo and sent it to my mum saying "this is how much C has cut off my hair tonight".

We received a message back saying " fabulous, about time too, and me a pic".

Did we stop there, no, we downloaded a free app (perfect365) and took a photo of me with the hair scrapped back and photo shopped just below shoulder length hair, because we where doing it quick it wasn't as good of a result as it could have been, but it was OK enough send but it looked fake though!

Turns out my mum didn't notice and proceeded to tell me for hours by text how much better my hair looked shorter, how it was more professional etc. In the end she started to annoy me a little, so I ended up send a bit of a blunt text along the lines of, take another look at the photo and the hair line, its a fake, my lovely healthy long hair is going no where and is here the stay, having long hair is a privilage as to grow long hair you have to be healthy and there is no hair style more professional than a neat bun.

I didn't hear another peep from her all evening. :toast:

sarahthegemini
August 10th, 2014, 03:07 AM
I don't quite understand why you entrapped your mother...

eadwine
August 10th, 2014, 03:10 AM
Probably because she was sick and tired of the cut your hair comments?

sarahthegemini
August 10th, 2014, 03:13 AM

So adding more fuel to the fire was the best solution?

Monsoonu
August 10th, 2014, 03:18 AM

Exactly, if you can't have a giggle in life you end up being square.

I spoke to her this morning and she must have seen the funny side as she just sent photos of her with pink curly hair and my dad with blond curly bob!

eadwine
August 10th, 2014, 03:27 AM
*giggle* So it worked then hehehe

LadyCelestina
August 10th, 2014, 03:45 AM
I do understand the joke,but people tell people their hair is fab when they get it cut- even if it's not.However,you know your mom,I don't.

ETA: I accidentally posted this even though I decided I'm better off if I just shut up.We are not allowed to delete messages,so please just ignore me :lol:

sarahthegemini
August 10th, 2014, 03:58 AM
I don't see the humour in causing potential upset for yourself...:-/

Monsoonu
August 10th, 2014, 04:08 AM
Maybe my family can take a prank better than most :duno:

Majorane
August 10th, 2014, 04:13 AM
Well, I was first like "wow, is that smart of you to do so?" because I thought maybe there was a vicious argument going on about your hair being displeasing to your mum. You know, with bitter arguments and such. Buuuut if she's now photoshopping herself and your dad your family dynamics must not be so grim, and yes, then it's quite funny in a slightly cruelish way :D Your poor mum, must've felt at least a pang of guilt at bashing your mane, hahahaha!

sarahthegemini
August 10th, 2014, 04:21 AM
Maybe my family can take a prank better than most :duno:

No it's not that, I thought the comments your mother made hurt YOU. Hence why I couldn't understand why you would 'encourage' that, that's all.

GetMeToWaist
August 10th, 2014, 05:31 AM
Goodness its just a prank, i think its funny and i dont know why people are getting het up over it!

Johannah
August 10th, 2014, 06:07 AM
No it's not that, I thought the comments your mother made hurt YOU. Hence why I couldn't understand why you would 'encourage' that, that's all.

If she thought those comments could hurt her, she probably didn't make a joke about it :o

My mom would laugh about it too, she kind of looks like yours I guess :p Though she'd probably think it would be a shame if I cut my hair!

Monsoonu
August 10th, 2014, 07:59 AM
Her comments annoyed me, but didn't hurt me.

In fairness she should know better, me and my brother are always pulling these kind of pranks on her - he told her he'd pieced his nipple about a month ago, even wore a plaster over his nipple for a day!

Éowyn_GreyEyes
August 10th, 2014, 08:32 AM
Hahahahaha that us hilarious!!! My friend did that to me except i knew right away it was fake :P

Nellon
August 10th, 2014, 08:33 AM
Lol! That's eeevil! Poor mummy :)

lapushka
August 10th, 2014, 10:13 AM
That was so evil. :lol:

spidermom
August 10th, 2014, 10:29 AM
I'm with sarahgemini; I see no humor in this at all. I hate being pranked!

ExpectoPatronum
August 10th, 2014, 11:30 AM
My entire family (not just mom and dad and siblings, but aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents too!) pull pranks on each other all the time. This is exactly the kind of thing we would do to each other too. Everyone has a different sense of humor, I suppose.

foreverKristin
August 10th, 2014, 11:51 AM
I don't see why you're getting negative comments on this; it's something I would definitely do! The Perfect365 hairdos are hilarious.

queenovnight
August 10th, 2014, 01:10 PM
I actually thought this was hilarious!! XD Omg. I should pull this on my sister!

- I also don't see why your getting hate. It's just a JOKE. Not that big of a deal.

neko_kawaii
August 10th, 2014, 01:15 PM
Great prank! I always love the LHC hair cut pranks.

chen bao jun
August 10th, 2014, 01:22 PM
I don't think she got hate, some people t hrive on these kinds of pranks and some don't. Personally I hate them--but my husband and one of my best friends pull pranks on people all the time. People just expressed their opinions. I'm glad that her family enjoys themselves together and no one feelings were hurt. I think that was what people were concerned about. If you are a prankster, it is important to pull pranks on others of the same sensibility as it can definitely be a cruel thing to prank someone who is more sensitive (that pranksters can definitely fail to understand, I know this from experience.)

lapushka
August 10th, 2014, 02:23 PM
I also don't see that the OP got "hate". That is such a strong word. Everyone's entitled to their opinion, and pranks can definitely not be everyone's cup of tea! I'm pretty sensitive to it myself, so I really think pulling such a stunt is evil, but the fact that her mom didn't take it that way, made me laugh about it!

MsPharaohMoan
August 13th, 2014, 08:42 AM
Heh. Well, my sense of humour can definitely appreciate this and apparently your mother's can too. I saw a video recently of a girl with bcl hair 'transform' her mane into shoulder length hair. Imagine if us longhairs all did this one day. Wonder the reactions… :stirpot:

truepeacenik
August 13th, 2014, 08:52 AM
Probably apropos of absolutely nothing, but most support is coming from new members, and I suspect newness to longer lengths, too.

Those of us who have 20+ years of family hair harassment tend to think, "oh! don't disturb that sleeping dog."

But hey, this is coming from someone who posted fake chop photos in March.
They were a lucky catch in a sweater.

I'd definitely assign their return photos to the contacts on the phone. Pink hair and Da with a curly bob? Fab.