PDA

View Full Version : A hair growth problem

merseaone
August 9th, 2014, 11:40 AM
I have a problem with my hair growth: the hair on the sides grow faster than the hair in the middle. How would you deal with that? It looks very strange. And how do I measure my hair when it is longer on the sides than the middle?

Madora
August 9th, 2014, 02:03 PM
Hair doesn't grow the same everywhere. You might want to do gentle scalp massage in the places where growth seems to be lacking. Be sure to detangle before/after your session.

Hair is measured from the center of the forehead, and straight back and down..as if you were making a center part.

As far as dealing with it, you can just let it grow (keeping it trimmed a trifle every 4 months or so). Or you can just cut it off so that all sides match. Personally, I'd just wait it out.

LongCurlyTress
August 9th, 2014, 02:06 PM
Hair doesn't grow the same everywhere. You might want to do gentle scalp massage in the places where growth seems to be lacking. Be sure to detangle before/after your session.

Hair is measured from the center of the forehead, and straight back and down..as if you were making a center part.

As far as dealing with it, you can just let it grow (keeping it trimmed a trifle every 4 months or so). Or you can just cut it off so that all sides match. Personally, I'd just wait it out.
Great advice, Madora!!! :hifive:

queenovnight
August 9th, 2014, 02:25 PM
Madora basically said it all in one post.

But I would just let it grow and do it's thing. - My hair grows incredibly slow toward the front (sides) too. It use to bother me, but hey.. that's just how my hair grows. I won't die if my hair isn't completely even xD

Madora
August 9th, 2014, 02:30 PM
Thanks LongCurlyTress and Queenovnight!

Merseaone, if it's any comfort to you, the hair in the back of my head never grew the same. The right side grew faster than the left. Now it is much thinner than the hair on the left.

I'd definitely let it grow, but trim when needed so you get rid of damage. No use growing hair, achieving length, only to find the hair isn't that great because you didn't remove damage when needed!

merseaone
August 16th, 2014, 04:58 PM
Thanks, y'all!