PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me?

HeatherMae
September 21st, 2008, 10:33 AM
Next Saturday is my 1 year anniversary at the LHC!! And the 24th makes 1 year since my nasty chopped haircut.

I can't wait to do the before and after pictures to see the progress for the year!! It seems like for the last month the time is just dragging by!

LOL I kinda feel like its Christmas or something.

Does anyone else get this excited about their anniversaries or am I the only one?

spidermom
September 21st, 2008, 10:35 AM
I used to get excited, but I joined in 2005, so the excitement has pretty much worn thin.

Oskimosa
September 21st, 2008, 10:42 AM
Yay and congrats! Does that mean you got 7 inches in one year? That's good progress. At 23", have you been doing lots of updo's to make the time go by or enjoying it as it goes?

SchnauzerMom
September 21st, 2008, 11:28 AM
Sounds like you've made a lot of progress in a year's time!

embee
September 21st, 2008, 11:35 AM
I'm not so much excited as I'm surprised... perhaps because my hair was already long when I found LHC and joined in summer 2005. Now my hair is terminal, as far as I can tell. That's ok. I have much pleasure from it and much much much convenience. :)

Looking back, perhaps the first year was more interesting as I was waiting to grow out a no-good-reason 8 inch blunt chop? Oh, the relief of finally being able to make an updo again, with ends that would actually tuck in rather than bristling out like a darn paintbrush! ;)

HeatherMae
September 21st, 2008, 01:22 PM
I'm thinking that it is about 7 inches of growth for the year. I could always just take the after picture now and compare them, but then I could be cheating myself out of some small tid bits of growth that I might get this week. :)

I haven't done any updos yet though. My hair is so beyond thick, that is it kinda hard to do anything just yet.

paper
September 21st, 2008, 05:52 PM
Yes, I look foward to my progress pic's. I just had my 1 yr. progress pic from last short hair cut. My 1 yrs progress pic for TLHC will be in March. I can't wait!

I also love to see everyone elses progress pic, it's very inspiring.

Islandgrrl
September 22nd, 2008, 06:36 AM
I'm really looking forward to seeing your progress pics!

shrimp
September 22nd, 2008, 06:55 AM
I always miss my anniversaries :oops:

Mind you I'm terrible with birthdays, anniversaries... well, dates in general in real life so I shouldn't be suprised.

Speedbump
September 22nd, 2008, 09:13 AM
I always forget mine. :blushing: