PDA

View Full Version : Fluffy, Frizzy, Unmanagable hair - Before & After Picture Heavy

StellaKatherine
August 8th, 2014, 02:27 PM
Why am I posting this ? The thing is, that we have at least once per week someone crying out for help. Asking what to do as their hair is fluffy, freezy, unmanagable, static... I was one of those girls. And I truly hope, that maybe my experience would help someone out.

All my life I thought my hair was straight, but weird. After each washing I would have this big hair that I would braid fast and hope that by the day 3 it would calm down. I've been lurcin on LHC for two years before I finally decided to ask what in the world was going on with my hair!

1. This was my hair when at the end of may 2014 I posted a photo of my hair and asked what type it was. It was combed while wet and then it was brushed while wet as well... You can see clearly, what I was fighting with. My washing system was basically shampoo the roots and then do a minute conditioner treatment on my length. I did do sometimes an Olive oil treatments, but those were rarely. But one good thing, I already then was washing my hair once per week and I always let my hair air dry. And surprisingly my hair had very few split ends. I actually haven't cut my hair for 2 years now. So not all was that bad in the end hehe

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=12429&d=1407526433

2. The lovely ladies here right away asked me to wash my hair again and take a photo WITHOUT combing or brushing it. Just letting my hair air dry and take one more photo. This was the photo... I was totally amused to see waves coming out! I couldn't believe my eyes! Actually I always wanted waves, but had no idea I was killing them with wet combing and brushing... Suddenly I was a 2b hair type and I was all over the moon excited to see what I could do to my hair!

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=12430&d=1407526435

3. I decided to try out coconut oil for the first time. And here was the first result. Unfortunately it was already an evening, but you can still probably see the difference from the previous photo! I will never forget the feeling of the first wash after coconut oil treatment! It was like MAGIC! I then continued with leave in conditioner and sealed my ends and length with a drop of Miracle oil.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=12431&d=1407526437

4. I wanted try more. Here I had my first over night coconut oil treatment and it followed with hair mask made of egg yolk, honey and olive oil. That was the first time in a long LONG time I could wear my hair open without getting millions of tangles! I was in LOVE with my hair ! Can you really blame me ?

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=12432&d=1407526438

5. I was excited! I wanted to try more! So I went and read about WCC ( wash and then conditioner twice ). I did over night coconut oil treatment and then did a WCC and suddenly my hair got a FAIRY TAILS ! What in the world is that ? What magic is this ? I was over the moon happy ! And where is the freezy and fluffy hair ???? lapushka, thank you so much for all the help!

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=12433&d=1407526440

6. And the better results I get - the more I want to try more ! I decided, my hair didn't need an over night coconut treatments every time. And that it is enough to coconut oil only my length and ends mostly. I did a WCC again, but as the last C - I did a SMT ( Snowymoon's moisture treatment with honey, aloe vera and conditioner). And my hair started to shine like it never did before! It even seems to be more golden toned than ever before! This is basically where I am now.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=12434&d=1407526441

And the last photo, just for fun a day 10 experiment hair. My hair decided to show me that it still has the nature of the monster even if it is tamed with all the oils and conditioners

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=12435&d=1407526684

I am still learning. I still have lots of new things to learn, to try, to experiment. I still have lots of photos to take. But I hope this photos can give some hope to others! In only 3 month time I had this changes! Look at the first photo and look at the last one ! I know I do mistakes, I know the journey of finding the best hair care probably will never end of me. But finally I am ready for this ride and I am excited to jump on this train and see... :happydance:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=12436&d=1407528790

Thank you so much to all of you who helped me so far! I would never be where I am now with my hair without you! Love you all ! :flowers:

Laurenji
August 8th, 2014, 02:33 PM
Wow, your hair is so pretty! I'm glad LHC has been able to help you so much with your hair! I'm also glad you could get the wavies you always wanted. After joining, I tried letting my hair air dry with no combing or anything . . . nope, still straight. ! Oh well. Glad your hair is working out so well for you.

spidermom
August 8th, 2014, 02:41 PM
Similar story. I wanted my messy hair to be straight so badly. LHC helped me find not only waves but curls. Unfortunately, about 8 years later my hair type has changed and seems to vary between 1C and 2A. I miss my curls but am trying to embrace the straighter hair that I always wanted.

StellaKatherine
August 8th, 2014, 02:41 PM
Laurenji, Thank you sweety! In the end I do not think it is so important if the hair is straight or wave or curly. As long as it looks the best it could in what ever shape as all shapes are beautiful :flower:

StellaKatherine
August 8th, 2014, 02:46 PM
spidermom, it does seem that hair has this tendency to change over time. I've seen your hair photos and I think it looks divine! :crush:

lapushka
August 8th, 2014, 03:49 PM
That was such an amazing journey in so little amount of time. You came a long way already, and there's still so much more on this forum to discover! I love those waves, StellaKatherine!

StellaKatherine
August 8th, 2014, 03:55 PM
That was such an amazing journey in so little amount of time. You came a long way already, and there's still so much more on this forum to discover! I love those waves, StellaKatherine!

Thank you ! I am over the moon excited. Going to try some tea rinses next for sure! I just wish I would have asked for help much earlier and not suffer alone for such a long time... But it always been hard thing for me to ask for help. I glad I finally was brave enough :joy:

kidari
August 8th, 2014, 03:59 PM
I enjoyed your post so much! You have gorgeous hair... thank you for sharing. I recently tried an egg yolk and coconut oil treatment and wonder why I thought mayo in my hair was such a gross idea to me before lol.

meteor
August 8th, 2014, 04:13 PM
I LOVE IT! :D :flowers:

Thank you so much for the detailed report, StellaKatherine! I think it will help A LOT of people! :D

Your hair really reminds me of what mine was like when I was still highlighting it! :) You make me miss the highlights! ;)

cathair
August 8th, 2014, 04:18 PM
I love your waviest photo as well as your fairy tail photo. I hope my hair will do that when it grows up :crush:

polishrose
August 8th, 2014, 05:25 PM
Why can't I see the pics in this thread ? :(

cathair
August 8th, 2014, 05:27 PM
Why can't I see the pics in this thread ? :(

I think it might be because you haven't made enough posts yet. I think you need 25 to view album photos?

Caraid♫
August 8th, 2014, 05:46 PM
I enjoyed looking at your progress via pics, your hair really has made quite the transformation, and is very beautiful!
coconut oil really changed my hair too- not as dramatically as yours, but I definitely wouldn't go without it again!

StellaKatherine
August 8th, 2014, 11:18 PM
kidari Thank you !Yeah, who would have thought we would be putting FOOD in our hair ;) I am still debating with myself if I would try vinegar in my hair - I hate that smell! :rolleyes:

meteor, Aww, thank you sweety! I do hope you are right! I was debating with myself for a few days to post it or not after noticing, that I actually had been taking photos of every stage! I did start to write this several times and then just deleted...

And really after seen your photos. I must say, that you have the ideal hair - you do not need any higlights to make it better ( you can't make perfect better ) :D

cathair, Thank you ! This experience teach me, that while I thought my hair was dreadfull - I actually had/have hair that has so much of potentital to make transmorfations and it can look different every single day! Like I get a new hair everyday , how lucky is that ? Ps. Love the monster hair too ;)

Caraid♫, I actually forced a coconut oil in to my sister's hair as well - and she turned to the dark side as well :joy: And in the end, no matter big or small changes - the most important, that the hair feels healthier isn't it ?

polishrose, Sorry, sweety. The photos come from my LHC albume. You need little more of posts to be able to see them...

Jennwith4
August 8th, 2014, 11:36 PM
Love the fairy tale ends! Same thing happened to me. Always had frizzy fluffy hair with a weird texture. And now I have waves! Lol Now that I know my true hair type it's easier to take care of. :)

Sparklylady82
August 8th, 2014, 11:50 PM
Great post! Thank you for sharing :-) You are always positive and encouraging! Gorgeous waves!

StellaKatherine
August 8th, 2014, 11:58 PM
Jennwith4, You are 100 % right. Every single hair type is beautiful, the most important part is just to know how to take care of what you have!

Sparklylady82, Your words are sweeter than honey ! :flower:

silvurgrin
August 9th, 2014, 01:23 AM
I'm really looking forward to being able to see the pics in this thread. I can imagine what your hair looks like, and I think it's very pretty! Only a few hundred more posts until I can see stuff! Yay!

polishrose
August 9th, 2014, 01:28 AM
Thank you cathair and stellakatherine. I shall keep posting as I'm dying to see the pics. This site has already helped my hair and I'm hoping it will continue to inspire me to take better care of my hair..

Crystawni
August 9th, 2014, 05:03 AM
Your hair is beautiful no matter what, StellaKatherine! I love your willingness to try new things, how you've revelled in the changes, and how your hair has rewarded you! I look forward to more of your journey! And I've got to say, since I've been on a similar journey over the past few months, my hair has found more ringlets! It's crazy! I feel like I should be in the 1930s with Shirley Temple!

polishrose
August 9th, 2014, 05:17 AM
Ooh I can see pics. Wow you have beautiful hair. And what a difference! What are fairy tale ends?

StellaKatherine
August 9th, 2014, 07:57 AM
silvurgrin , You just need to post 25 times and you will be able to see photos :)

Thank you so much Crystawni! :flower: I am happy to hear your words. I know many people in real life think it is weird how I can be excited about something and will try to learn as much as I can. This time it's a hair, but my wanting to learn affects every parts of my life and can be any subject which somehow makes me wonder. It's like I still have this wondering child's mind. I get some ringles on my neckline and I truely love them ;)

Ooh I can see pics. Wow you have beautiful hair. And what a difference! What are fairy tale ends?

Thank you ;) Ehh, I'll try to explain. Your hair will start getting fairy tail ends when you stop cutting your hair for a long time and let your hemline to grow in to natural shape. With time the untrimmed hemline starts to climped together ends... My fairy tails ends hemline for some reason stays in a straight line even with 2 years of no cutting :)

Caraid♫
August 9th, 2014, 08:30 AM
:

Caraid♫, I actually forced a coconut oil in to my sister's hair as well - and she turned to the dark side as well :joy: And in the end, no matter big or small changes - the most important, that the hair feels healthier isn't it ?

nice work! I'm sure she's thanking you now! :laugh: I know coconut doesn't work for everyone, but I think anyone who is having trouble with their hair needs to at least try it, so I'm always suggesting it to friends! (only if they ask of course- I don't go around to friends saying "gee, your dry hair looks like it could use some coconut oil!" :p )

StellaKatherine
August 9th, 2014, 08:33 AM
nice work! I'm suure she's thanking you now! :laugh: I know coconut doesn't work for everyone, but I think anyone who is having trouble with their hair needs to at least try it, so I'm always suggesting it to friends! (only if they ask of course- I don't go around to friends saying "gee, your dry hair looks like it could use some coconut oil!" :p )

Hahaha, that would be some interesting conversation starter... I could use this few times per day - each time I see a teenager ;)

spidermom
August 9th, 2014, 08:39 AM
Your hair is lovely SK. Obviously you're doing the right things.

Johannah
August 9th, 2014, 08:50 AM
Absolutely LOVE your story. I went from 1b/1c to a 2a as well after finding out what works for me (this was hydrolyzed keratin). I also quit brushing my hair and combing it when wet. Frizz? Not anymore!

schnibbles
August 9th, 2014, 09:50 AM
Awesome thread and pics, StellaKatherine.. I am also working on trying to discover my real hairtype, encourage waves, fight frizz, all of that. I've been doing things wrong for many years, I think, so this thread is inspirational!

StellaKatherine
August 9th, 2014, 10:03 AM
Your hair is lovely SK. Obviously you're doing the right things.
With the hair it is easy as you will get right away a respond to what ever you are doing to it :)

Absolutely LOVE your story. I went from 1b/1c to a 2a as well after finding out what works for me (this was hydrolyzed keratin). I also quit brushing my hair and combing it when wet. Frizz? Not anymore!

I was 1b, or kinda thought I was but last spring was making me doubt. I always knew my hair was surprisingly good in keeping curls for a straight hair... :)

Isn't it weird how such a simple thing like not brushing while wet changes everything so much ?! I was shedding like CRAZY when wet combing ! Now I get shed maybe 1/4 of what I did before! And yup no frizz! I am kinda interested to see how will my hair behave this winter though. We have a very dry air and REALLY cold at winter. Usually my hair is crazy static with only wood comb helping slightly... Yeah lots of experiences ahead :D

Awesome thread and pics, StellaKatherine.. I am also working on trying to discover my real hairtype, encourage waves, fight frizz, all of that. I've been doing things wrong for many years, I think, so this thread is inspirational!

Thank you sweety ! Luckily for us it is never too late to change the way we care about our hair, even when we've been doing everything wrong before... Glad I could inspire :joy:

bunzfan
August 9th, 2014, 10:05 AM
Wow thank you so much for all the pictures :agape: your hair looks amazing!! my hair does a similar thing if left alone, i want it all nice and sleek and it just wont do it!! like you it responds best to a touch of oil post wash on just damp hair. The heavier the conditioner the curlier it gets.

StellaKatherine
August 9th, 2014, 10:29 AM
bunzfan, thank you :flower: My hair goes slowly in to more sleek mode when I comb my hair after it is dried and then couple of days keep it in a unbraided buns. It still has wave ends then but otherwise it almost straight and then slowly it starts to wave again the dirtie it become , that dirty stage hair just before I wash it I call the monster hair :) I kinda both like both ends, when my hair is super wavy and big looking and when it is almost straight and shine. I think we 2(a,b,c)- heads are blessed as we can be both wavy and sleekish. Kinda best of the both worlds to be between straight and curl ones :D So the biggest change in the end wasn't in my hair, but in my way of thinking about my hair!

Yup, my hair LOVES oils! You know the moment I enjoy the most ? When my hair is washed and conditioned and I put some leave in conditioner. I then take a drop of miracle oil and then start taking my ends in my palms and gently squash them. I LOVE the soft and slightly wet feeling of my ends. I LOVE how waves wake up! :crush: It is almost... ehh.. ok I will not say how it feels as you might think I'm too weird ;)

bunzfan
August 9th, 2014, 10:34 AM
bunzfan, thank you :flower: My hair goes slowly in to more sleek mode when I comb my hair after it is dried and then couple of days keep it in a unbraided buns. It still has wave ends then but otherwise it almost straight and then slowly it starts to wave again the dirtie it become , that dirty stage hair just before I wash it I call the monster hair :) I kinda both like both ends, when my hair is super wavy and big looking and when it is almost straight and shine. I think we 2(a,b,c)- heads are blessed as we can be both wavy and sleekish. Kinda best of the both worlds to be between straight and curl ones :D So the biggest change in the end wasn't in my hair, but in my way of thinking about my hair!

Yup, my hair LOVES oils! You know the moment I enjoy the most ? When my hair is washed and conditioned and I put some leave in conditioner. I then take a drop of miracle oil and then start taking my ends in my palms and gently squash them. I LOVE the soft and slightly wet feeling of my ends. I LOVE how waves wake up! :crush: It is almost... ehh.. ok I will not say how it feels as you might think I'm too weird ;)

I get you will oils :stirpot: my hair loves oil i can put handfuls and handfuls in dry hair and it soaks it right up particularly the heavier oils like evoo, i only found out about oil on damp hair when another wavy told me i seem to need less that way and my hair stays softer than putting it on dry hair. I've also found if i add loads of moisturizing conditioners it goes almost curly.. i've also been wcc about a month and there is a big reduction in split ends.

fiğrildi
August 10th, 2014, 03:15 AM
StellaKatherine, amazing! This thread will be oh-so-useful for many people! Wonderful evolution you've had there. Hey, we're hair twins!
I've went through the same problems, I used to think that my hair was straight but acting like frizzy, rebel and impossible... ah, I don't want to recall all the damage that I must have done to my poor hair, in order to make it look sleeker :lala:
In fact it has always been kinda straight, but it started to behave "weird" when I hit the teenage years... until a few years ago, that I was too lazy to put straightening products on my hair, and I discovered that I had waves, and even some ringlets (what??). I still have a lot to learn! Specially now that I have to take care of both 2b and 3b hair types (lower part of my hair is the result of the almost-afro perms I've had in the last years). I can manage to control it most of the times, but the monster hair keeps coming from time to time, and i've learnt to love it too :)
I think you're going to love apple cider vinegar, I've used it before and it gives such a soft feeling, plus, it doesn't smell at all in the hair :wink:

StellaKatherine
August 10th, 2014, 07:30 AM
fiğrildi, hello twinnie :flower: I had same thing. As a child my hair definitely was straight and very silky looking. When I hit the early teenager age 12+ my hair started both dramaticly go darker and get fluffy. Actually I really shouldnt have been so suprised, that my hair isn't straight. My mom has a 3b hair and my dad I gues something like 2a or more. So it would be more suprising if I would really have a straight hair :hmm: As a teenager I wanted my hair wavy/ curly so much that I almost got a perm, but luckily something kept me from going for it :)

Are you sure apple cider vinegar won't smell bad ???????? That is the only thing I am hesitant to try :)

Johannah
August 10th, 2014, 08:17 AM
I was 1b, or kinda thought I was but last spring was making me doubt. I always knew my hair was surprisingly good in keeping curls for a straight hair... :)

Isn't it weird how such a simple thing like not brushing while wet changes everything so much ?! I was shedding like CRAZY when wet combing ! Now I get shed maybe 1/4 of what I did before! And yup no frizz! I am kinda interested to see how will my hair behave this winter though. We have a very dry air and REALLY cold at winter. Usually my hair is crazy static with only wood comb helping slightly... Yeah lots of experiences ahead :D

Scandinavia huh... I wanna go there some day. Especially Sweden... :inlove:

And yeah, winter times, gotta love it. Not. Winter isn't really cold here and we have A LOT of humidity in the air as well. I've noticed my hair likes humectants but I'm not really sure if it does when it's freezing :p I'm really looking forward to find a stable routine :D Good luck with yours!

StellaKatherine
August 10th, 2014, 09:43 AM
It seems everyone wants to go to Sweden :) I've been couple of times there and liked a lot :D

I actually have 0 idea how will I handle my hair next winter. Last winter I basicly was wearing a single english braid all the time, but my hair starting to be little too long for everyday english braid - as it seems too easily to get in my way now... So need to think how will I wear my hair when it is -30C outside and need to wear a hat of some sort :)

lunalocks
August 10th, 2014, 10:03 AM
Lovely pictures, StellaKatherine! Thank you for sharing. I think we are hair twins, too. I had the same life long problem with "straight hair" that was unruly. I have embraced my waves, and my fairy tales. Coconut oil has not worked for me. What does work is a condish wash to get out the oil, shampoo and rinse and soak last foot or so in catnip tea for 20 min and leave it in. Then when half dried, baby oil on ends and air dry. I gave up trimming a year ago and just s and d. I have grown 7 inches in the past year with this routine whereas during the year prior, I grew none as the trims took all the length off. And my hair is in better shape now, without all those trims.

lapushka
August 10th, 2014, 10:17 AM

FT ends are pretty popular here, not so much in the "common" world of haircare. It's when your ends start to naturally fray. It doesn't mean you have split ends (we all know up close what those look like), but "out there" people tend to naturally assume it means your hair has gone bad.

fiğrildi
August 10th, 2014, 10:47 AM
fiğrildi, hello twinnie :flower: I had same thing. As a child my hair definitely was straight and very silky looking. When I hit the early teenager age 12+ my hair started both dramaticly go darker and get fluffy. Actually I really shouldnt have been so suprised, that my hair isn't straight. My mom has a 3b hair and my dad I gues something like 2a or more. So it would be more suprising if I would really have a straight hair :hmm: As a teenager I wanted my hair wavy/ curly so much that I almost got a perm, but luckily something kept me from going for it :)

Are you sure apple cider vinegar won't smell bad ???????? That is the only thing I am hesitant to try :)

Yeah, I'm more than sure! It will smell A LOT in the shower, when you use it, but once you rinse with water after that, it won't leave any smell at all :) And it's much easier to comb or fingercomb, it's just like conditioner but all natural :)
You can always use a bit of coconut oil in order to get a nice smell, if you notice any tiny tiny trace of smell, but yeah, it won't be necessary!
My hair went much darker too, but same thing here, both my parents have dark & wavy/curly hair, but for the colour I'm still a weird DNA result :rolleyes:
Johannah, I want to go to Scandinavia too (Finnmark especially), and I want the winter to come, it's so bloody hot today! :rip:

StellaKatherine
August 10th, 2014, 12:14 PM
Lovely pictures, StellaKatherine! Thank you for sharing. I think we are hair twins, too. I had the same life long problem with "straight hair" that was unruly. I have embraced my waves, and my fairy tales. Coconut oil has not worked for me. What does work is a condish wash to get out the oil, shampoo and rinse and soak last foot or so in catnip tea for 20 min and leave it in. Then when half dried, baby oil on ends and air dry. I gave up trimming a year ago and just s and d. I have grown 7 inches in the past year with this routine whereas during the year prior, I grew none as the trims took all the length off. And my hair is in better shape now, without all those trims.

Thank you :) Happy to see there are more of my twins outhere! As I was growing it seemed like I was all alone as no one else around hand anything like my hair! LHC really shows us, that we are not alone! I really want to try some tea rinses!

Yeah, I'm more than sure! It will smell A LOT in the shower, when you use it, but once you rinse with water after that, it won't leave any smell at all :) And it's much easier to comb or fingercomb, it's just like conditioner but all natural :)
You can always use a bit of coconut oil in order to get a nice smell, if you notice any tiny tiny trace of smell, but yeah, it won't be necessary!
My hair went much darker too, but same thing here, both my parents have dark & wavy/curly hair, but for the colour I'm still a weird DNA result :rolleyes:
Johannah, I want to go to Scandinavia too (Finnmark especially), and I want the winter to come, it's so bloody hot today! :rip:

Maybe you are my lost twin sister ? ;) My both parents have a really dark , almost black hair and brown eyes. I was light blond till teenager and even those my hair much darker than as a child - my hair never got as dark as my parents have. And I got blue gray eyes ;) Btw I live very close to Lapland on the Finnish side :)

fiğrildi
August 10th, 2014, 02:25 PM
Maybe you are my lost twin sister ? ;) My both parents have a really dark , almost black hair and brown eyes. I was light blond till teenager and even those my hair much darker than as a child - my hair never got as dark as my parents have. And I got blue gray eyes ;) Btw I live very close to Lapland on the Finnish side :)

Haha, that'd be so cool, but you live too far for being my lost sister! I'm from northern Spain :wink: I got light eyes too, but everyone has blue eyes on my mother's side of the familiy, so that's kinda mainstream ;)
If you result being my twin though, you can come to spain in the winter, and I might come to Finland in the summer, haha :flower:

Laurenji
August 11th, 2014, 08:28 AM
A note about Apple Cider Vinegar rinses:

It's true that once your hair dries you shouldn't be able to smell it, but if your hair does get wet again (you get suck in the rain, sweat a lot, etc) you will be able to smell a faint smell of vinegar.

Sparklylady82
August 11th, 2014, 11:43 AM

We ARE lucky us wavies :-))

LilyMarleen
August 11th, 2014, 11:53 AM
Congratulations on your successful journey, but unfortunately I can't see your pics.:shrug:

StellaKatherine
August 11th, 2014, 12:14 PM
LilyMarkeen, sorry sweety. The photos come from my album, so you will be able to see the photos after you had wrote 25 posts ... :o

TrapperCreekD
August 11th, 2014, 12:17 PM
Amazing transformation, and gorgeous waves, too! :love:

Johannah
August 11th, 2014, 12:22 PM

We could go together :wethree:

StellaKatherine
August 11th, 2014, 12:24 PM
A note about Apple Cider Vinegar rinses:

It's true that once your hair dries you shouldn't be able to smell it, but if your hair does get wet again (you get suck in the rain, sweat a lot, etc) you will be able to smell a faint smell of vinegar.

Ehhh, maybe I keep myself from apple cider vinegar rinses... I truly dislike that smell... and I can think of some situations where some sweat can occur ... ;)

We ARE lucky us wavies :-))

Yes we are! I we should never forget it :flower:

LilyMarleen
August 11th, 2014, 02:55 PM
:)
LilyMarkeen, sorry sweety. The photos come from my album, so you will be able to see the photos after you had wrote 25 posts ... :o

Ok. It had to be something like that. :whistle: so I'll just have to make some more posts. Oh well. :rolleyes::)

StellaKatherine
August 11th, 2014, 03:15 PM
Amazing transformation, and gorgeous waves, too! :love:

Thank you <3

We could go together :wethree:

I could come as a fird wheel ;)

StellaKatherine
August 11th, 2014, 03:20 PM
And a new photo to add :D Tried my very first Chamomilla tea rinse! My hair is still slightly wet on the photo, but as sun was going down and I wanted to take photo in the natural light, I was forced to take photo right then. Anyway, I am very happy with results so far. I think my ends never been this curly looking before!

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=12483&d=1407772613

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=12497&d=1407845468

Ps: The first photo kinda looks like from Touched by an Angel or like my husband would call it " The Lamp Behind The Head " photo ;)

StellaKatherine
August 11th, 2014, 03:28 PM
:)

Ok. It had to be something like that. :whistle: so I'll just have to make some more posts. Oh well. :rolleyes::)

I promise it won't take long :D You have only 9 posts to write as I see :flowers:

LilyMarleen
August 11th, 2014, 03:48 PM
At least I can see your pic in your signature and that looks very great. It looks really shiny to me. And if it's one of your later pics, then your treatment has obviously worked out.

Btw I really like your up do in your profile picture. I wish my hair was long enough to do that. :sad

StellaKatherine
August 11th, 2014, 04:45 PM
LilyMarleen, Some sort of updo like mine can be made with shorter hair as well but in a smaller scale. It is made from 3 english braids on 3 different hights. You first make the lower braid in a bun ( the one near neck ), then take the middle one and go with it around the first and then take the upper one ago around again, Very simple. I would say this might suprise how shorter hair can still work with this one!

LilyMarleen
August 12th, 2014, 10:52 AM
I definitely need to try that, but before I should practice my self-braiding. I sill really suck at it, but it's getting better.

StellaKatherine
August 12th, 2014, 12:09 PM
I definitely need to try that, but before I should practice my self-braiding. I sill really suck at it, but it's getting better.

No one was born with braiding skills :) The more you try - the better you become! Good luck :flower:

meteor
August 12th, 2014, 01:27 PM
LilyMarleen, Some sort of updo like mine can be made with shorter hair as well but in a smaller scale. It is made from 3 english braids on 3 different hights. You first make the lower braid in a bun ( the one near neck ), then take the middle one and go with it around the first and then take the upper one ago around again, Very simple. I would say this might suprise how shorter hair can still work with this one!

Whaaaa? It's made with simple English braids? Really? :joy: Thank you, dearest StellaKatherine, for sharing that gorgeous updo's secret! :flowers: I've been drooling over your avatar ever since I saw it but I assumed that it requires mad braiding skills: like a ton of diagonal Dutch braids and other braiding sorcery! :magic:
But if it's English braids, then even somebody with no braiding skills (like myself) can do it! Yay! :D

Thank you, dearest! :flowers:

queenovnight
August 12th, 2014, 01:30 PM
That's a pretty big change from the first photo to the last! Beautiful hair!

StellaKatherine
August 12th, 2014, 01:51 PM
Whaaaa? It's made with simple English braids? Really? :joy: Thank you, dearest StellaKatherine, for sharing that gorgeous updo's secret! :flowers: I've been drooling over your avatar ever since I saw it but I assumed that it requires mad braiding skills: like a ton of diagonal Dutch braids and other braiding sorcery! :magic:
But if it's English braids, then even somebody with no braiding skills (like myself) can do it! Yay! :D

Thank you, dearest! :flowers:

Haha, with your stunning amount of hair.. you will be able to do 100 times better looking one than my :D And yeah, sometimes simple things are the best ;)

StellaKatherine
August 12th, 2014, 02:17 PM
That's a pretty big change from the first photo to the last! Beautiful hair!

Thank you sweety! :D It seems I've been blessed so far with good results with what ever I try :joy:

meteor
August 12th, 2014, 02:37 PM
Haha, with your stunning amount of hair.. you will be able to do 100 times better looking one than my :D And yeah, sometimes simple things are the best ;)

Thank you so very much for your kind words! But Ph-lease! ;) Your updo will remain the BesT on your hair: your golden silky wavy locks are what creates that gorgeous multi-tone and textured effect - it simply can't be beat! ;)
I think we can call this gorgeous updo the StellaKatherine bun! :joy:

Zebra Fish
August 12th, 2014, 03:10 PM
Nice hair! So much changes between photos, think they are useful as you rarely see description what you did + photo. Nicely done, think it will be of much use to others :)

StellaKatherine
August 12th, 2014, 03:20 PM
Thank you so very much for your kind words! But Ph-lease! ;) Your updo will remain the BesT on your hair: your golden silky wavy locks are what creates that gorgeous multi-tone and textured effect - it simply can't be beat! ;)
I think we can call this gorgeous updo the StellaKatherine bun! :joy:

Awwww, that is the best compliment that I've ever had! You are so sweet, you really are ! :o :flower: -> I remember someone a while ago did similar hairstyle to mine and said that was trying MINE avatar photo hairstyle. I think I never had my heart feeling so warm ;)

StellaKatherine
August 12th, 2014, 03:23 PM
Nice hair! So much changes between photos, think they are useful as you rarely see description what you did + photo. Nicely done, think it will be of much use to others :)

Thank you :flowers: I really do hope they can help!

LilyMarleen
August 12th, 2014, 03:54 PM
No one was born with braiding skills :) The more you try - the better you become! Good luck :flower:

Thank you for the good luck. Since it doesn't include French braiding I should be able to manage.:joy:

I'll tell you how my attempt on the "StellaKatherine Bun" :eyebrows: came out. :bounce:

StellaKatherine
August 12th, 2014, 04:00 PM
Thank you for the good luck. Since it doesn't include French braiding I should be able to manage.:joy:

I'll tell you how my attempt on the "StellaKatherine Bun" :eyebrows: came out. :bounce:

I hope you will take some photos too! Can't wait to see /hear how it goes! This is so exciting! :D

Wosie
August 12th, 2014, 04:08 PM
I remember that first pic and immediately saw that you were a wavy/curly haired gal who had brushed out her waves. I'm so happy you found them, and they found you, because they are simply beautiful. :thud:

StellaKatherine
August 12th, 2014, 04:18 PM
I remember that first pic and immediately saw that you were a wavy/curly haired gal who had brushed out her waves. I'm so happy you found them, and they found you, because they are simply beautiful. :thud:

:D It feels little silly now looking back and not realizing it ! Simple task of not brushing :D Thank you :flower:

LilyMarleen
August 12th, 2014, 04:59 PM
I hope you will take some photos too! Can't wait to see /hear how it goes! This is so exciting! :D

I'll try it on the weekend. And since I haven't mastered the art of taking pics of the back of my head myself yet, I'll get someone els to do it.

(Btw 3 more posts to go and I might finally be able to see your progress pics.:happydance:)

Tini'sNewHair
August 12th, 2014, 06:04 PM
AMAZING, what an inspiration!!! Your hair is so beautiful :)

Alaska98
August 12th, 2014, 11:25 PM
Oh, SK that new picture is amazing! I wish I could figure out what my hair likes! I tried not wet combing as suggested, and I did end up with really nice waves, but I also ended up with frizzies around my face. :shrug: anyways, your hair is gorgeous!

StellaKatherine
August 12th, 2014, 11:51 PM
I'll try it on the weekend. And since I haven't mastered the art of taking pics of the back of my head myself yet, I'll get someone els to do it.

(Btw 3 more posts to go and I might finally be able to see your progress pics.:happydance:)

For that I have my husband. First photos it was almost a fight with him, but now it is enough for me to pick up the camera and he goes after me :laught: Yay, for 3 more posts :D I hope it won't be too dissapointing after all the waiting ;)

AMAZING, what an inspiration!!! Your hair is so beautiful :)

Thank you sweety :flower:

Oh, SK that new picture is amazing! I wish I could figure out what my hair likes! I tried not wet combing as suggested, and I did end up with really nice waves, but I also ended up with frizzies around my face. :shrug: anyways, your hair is gorgeous!

Frizzies around the face is the hardest to deal with isn't it ? I still haven't found a perfect solution for them, but I am sure I will . I feel confident ;) Have you yet tried a coconut oil ? At least for my hair it helped a lot and I noticed that the tea rinse last time made most of the hairs around my head eather lie down or just extra curl! Anyway when I find perfect solution for the face frizzies issue - I will definitely tell it here :D Kinda interested about the winter time as well, as usually hats easily frizzy my hair and make it static, but we will see....

Alaska98
August 13th, 2014, 12:52 AM
I shall try the chamomile. I usually use a nettle/catnip blend, but there's camomile in the cupboard, and it can't hurt to try! And yes, coconut oil! It's very heavy for me so I only use it prewash. I use argan after washing.

StellaKatherine
August 13th, 2014, 01:10 AM
I shall try the chamomile. I usually use a nettle/catnip blend, but there's camomile in the cupboard, and it can't hurt to try! And yes, coconut oil! It's very heavy for me so I only use it prewash. I use argan after washing.

Yeah I use coconut oil prewash as well and mostly on my lenght with only slightly touching the hairs around my face which seem to frizz more easily. If I over oil my head, then it greazy faster and I want to keep my once per week wash if it is possible :)

Beezle
August 13th, 2014, 01:45 AM
Oh my goodness, what a transformation! It's really wonderful. The first photos were impressive enough but the photo after the chamomile rinse is truly outstanding. :magic: for your hair!

StellaKatherine
August 13th, 2014, 02:43 AM
Oh my goodness, what a transformation! It's really wonderful. The first photos were impressive enough but the photo after the chamomile rinse is truly outstanding. :magic: for your hair!

Thank you :o That is what I thought " MAGIC", I couldn't believe my eyes :D But the most important I think is, that I do not even think about cutting the ends on my hair! Having long hair is nice, but if you do not enjoy it and constantly thinking about cutting... I was really close to cut few inches off when the first photo was taken. I so glad I didn't and was brave enough to ask for help ! I think the most important thing I learned is this :
1. Do not be afread to ask questions
2. Be open minded and try new things ( still hard time to open my mind to apple cider vinegar :laugh: )
3. Keep some sort of tracking of your results. How your hair reacted to specific treatment
4. And just enjoy it, enjoy taking some time for your hair. Some might think it is nuts to give over an hour for washing your hair + extra letting air dry . And if you do not enjoy the process of taking care, then no way you will be able to continue for long...
5. There are so many amazing people here, they have so much of information.. just listen to them, they know what they are talking about as they most definitely have experience something similar. I thought my hair was somehow unique, that no one else had my issues... It was such a relief to find people who have same problems with same hair type!

GetMeToWaist
August 13th, 2014, 04:23 AM
Stella, do you brush or comb your hair daily and how often? Asking because i brush mine twice a day but starting to wonder if it is causing frizz... But just using a wide tooth comb makes my hair clump together and go all tangly and piecey :(

StellaKatherine
August 13th, 2014, 05:02 AM
Stella, do you brush or comb your hair daily and how often? Asking because i brush mine twice a day but starting to wonder if it is causing frizz... But just using a wide tooth comb makes my hair clump together and go all tangly and piecey :(

I do not use brush anymore at all! I do have a wide tooth wooden comb which I got from Body Shop and I've been using it for over 2 years now. This one -> http://www.thebodyshop-usa.com/hair-care-products/hair-brush/detangling-comb.aspx I love it! I even made my husband start using wood comb :joy: The wooden comb won't make your hair static as well, so it is good for reducing frizzy effect.

I did huge mistage last february when I actually went I got myself a nice looking paddle brush as well :crazyq: ..... It looked so nice.... and it tear my hair without me nouticing it :cry: and my hair start to go all sort of nuts on me! In two month time I noticed suddenly huge amount of little hairs around my face and my brush had only short hair attached to it after brushing.. So yeah NO BRUSHING to me at all! On the daily basis I mostly only finger comb my hair and only before washing my hair or before braiding I use comb as well. But I do braid often as I am slightly addicted to braids :D

If I were you, I would definitely stop using brush! It does make wavy/curly hair frizzy!!!

LilyMarleen
August 15th, 2014, 10:08 AM
I know it's off topic, but I made the StellaKatherine bun. :joy: it doesn't look as good as yours, but for that I'd need much more length. I think that I made a pretty good job though. I'll put a picture of it in the "bun picture thread".

StellaKatherine
August 15th, 2014, 10:09 AM
Oooh!! How exciting! I'll go look right away! :D

StellaKatherine
August 15th, 2014, 10:25 AM
Btw LilyMarleen, one more post and you should be able to see the albume photos :D

Fairlight63
August 15th, 2014, 11:16 AM
WOW-your hair is so beautiful! Your hair in the first photo reminds me of mine. I was wondering what routine do you like the best to help with the frizzies?

StellaKatherine
August 15th, 2014, 12:08 PM
WOW-your hair is so beautiful! Your hair in the first photo reminds me of mine. I was wondering what routine do you like the best to help with the frizzies?

Thank you :)

Right now my rutine is this and I like it a lot:
- coconut oil my ends and the lenght till my ears eather over night or at least 5 hours before washing
- shampoo only my scalp
- condition first time for about 5 min (I do all the other things like washing body and such while hair is conditioned)
- condition second time. I mix conditioner and honey together (sometimes add aloe vera as well and make the SMT treatment). Put my hair up and a bathing cap over. Leave for about 20+ minutes. Usually I go and read on LHC for that time ;)
- last time after second conditioning I rinced my hair with Chamomilla tea ( I made chamomilla tea the night before and let it sit over night )
- put some leave in conditioner
- seal the ends and the lenght with miracle oil

after this I leave my hair be and do not add anything untill the next wash. I wash my hair ever 7-10 days.

ehh... now that I wrote it down... it looks nuts :) I am still trying out things and might be adding or taking something of..... who knows ;)

LilyMarleen
August 15th, 2014, 12:22 PM
Oooh!! How exciting! I'll go look right away! :D

You'll have to wait a little. Didn't have time yet to load it up. I'll do it later.

LilyMarleen
August 15th, 2014, 04:31 PM
I can see them! :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

Well, that definitely is a difference. I really like the one with the fairy tails. You did a great job.

Btw., I put my pic in the bun pic thread.

StellaKatherine
August 16th, 2014, 03:20 AM
LilyMarleen, Thank you for your kind words :) And I checked your bun, and I must say it is truely beautifully done! Great job! :flowers:

LilyMarleen
August 16th, 2014, 03:41 AM
LilyMarleen, Thank you for your kind words :) And I checked your bun, and I must say it is truely beautifully done! Great job! :flowers:

Tak! :bow:

DreamSheep
August 16th, 2014, 10:27 AM
Gorgeous!! And lovely to see how your hair has evolved over the years. :-)
Your hair looks so gloriously shiny after using the coconut oil :)

GetMeToWaist
August 16th, 2014, 03:14 PM
What does the chamomile tea do? Thinking of trying this

Inching Along
August 16th, 2014, 09:51 PM
Gorgeous, gorgeous hair, StellaKatherine! I am thrilled for you! Thank you for sharing your photos. I hope my hair will get better with time like yours did. I think I need to try a SMT! :) I love that you found curls and waves in your hair; that is wonderful.

Inching Along
August 16th, 2014, 09:53 PM
May I ask you: what is miracle oil? I am intrigued!

StellaKatherine
August 17th, 2014, 04:14 AM
Gorgeous!! And lovely to see how your hair has evolved over the years. :-)
Your hair looks so gloriously shiny after using the coconut oil :)

Thank you, coconut oil is one amazing product! So happy I tried it!

What does the chamomile tea do? Thinking of trying this

Well, chamomile tea can make your hair more golden shiny. Chamomile tea is innately instilled with amazing healing, anti-oxidant, cleansing and moisturizing properties and is considered a full fledge skincare treatment. It is also found to be highly effectual in preventing and eliminating dandruff. In addition, it also soothes irritated scalp. But with my experience it give me a very nice defined waves and even little curls and I loved the feeling of it on my scalp as well.

Gorgeous, gorgeous hair, StellaKatherine! I am thrilled for you! Thank you for sharing your photos. I hope my hair will get better with time like yours did. I think I need to try a SMT! :) I love that you found curls and waves in your hair; that is wonderful.

Thank you sweety ! You definitely should try SMT! It's like magic!

May I ask you: what is miracle oil? I am intrigued!

It's a Schwarzkopf BC Oil Miracle Finishing Treatment -> https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQQm0HIwtNEBDAV-_mhJT3DOqQA2plq_DyIRz5ennTXFOW3CxCACw

I truely like both the smell and the feeling of the this one on my ends. When this bottle of mine ends I will probably try some other oils, but for now I am more than happy with this one :)

Inching Along
August 17th, 2014, 09:57 PM
Thank you sweety ! You definitely should try SMT! It's like magic!

It's a Schwarzkopf BC Oil Miracle Finishing Treatment -> https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQQm0HIwtNEBDAV-_mhJT3DOqQA2plq_DyIRz5ennTXFOW3CxCACw

I truely like both the smell and the feeling of the this one on my ends. When this bottle of mine ends I will probably try some other oils, but for now I am more than happy with this one :)

Thanks for your answers, StellaKatherine! I want to try SMT, but I didn't buy any aloe vera gel today at the store...I need to be sure I have a place in the refrigerator before I buy some! :) I have also put honey in my hair before and ended up with sticky ends. I am not sure how that happened! :eek: And thank you for telling me about the BC miracle oil. I can't find the ingredients anywhere! I'll be on the lookout for them.

StellaKatherine
August 18th, 2014, 07:59 AM
Thanks for your answers, StellaKatherine! I want to try SMT, but I didn't buy any aloe vera gel today at the store...I need to be sure I have a place in the refrigerator before I buy some! :) I have also put honey in my hair before and ended up with sticky ends. I am not sure how that happened! :eek: And thank you for telling me about the BC miracle oil. I can't find the ingredients anywhere! I'll be on the lookout for them.

I personally just got an aloe vera plant and take the natual gel from inside the leafs :)

bunzfan
August 18th, 2014, 10:45 AM
This thread inspired me to try co washing again and yeah my waves are really more erm wavy LOL but day 2 hair is so soft i can hardly do anything with it thats why i stopped orgionally :( .

StellaKatherine
August 18th, 2014, 10:52 AM
I never tried cowashing... hmmm...

bunzfan
August 18th, 2014, 01:44 PM
I never tried cowashing... hmmm...

My waves love it and my hair has zero frizz and looks thicker but day two is just too soft out came the ficcare tomorrow it'll be fine.

Inching Along
August 18th, 2014, 03:50 PM
I personally just got an aloe vera plant and take the natual gel from inside the leafs :)

That's a great idea! I wonder if my cat would leave an aloe plant alone...

tmolly
August 20th, 2014, 07:33 PM
I am new here and trying to up my post count so I can see your photos. I also always assumed I had straight "fuzzy" hair, but after letting my hair dry untouched last night for hair typing, I'm realizing I was wrong all these years! I blame my hippie parents, their insistence that we just have "fuzzy hair genes," and their love of boar bristle brushes. ;-p

StellaKatherine
August 25th, 2014, 01:02 PM
I am new here and trying to up my post count so I can see your photos. I also always assumed I had straight "fuzzy" hair, but after letting my hair dry untouched last night for hair typing, I'm realizing I was wrong all these years! I blame my hippie parents, their insistence that we just have "fuzzy hair genes," and their love of boar bristle brushes. ;-p

Yeah, it seems there are suprisingly a lot of us, who were thinking the hair was just weird and fluffy ;)

Sarden
August 25th, 2014, 01:26 PM
Wow, thanks so much for sharing your story, your descriptions ares so helpful. I was astonished to read that this was all quite recently - I had honestly assumed you were one of the hair experts here due to how amazing your hair is. I'm a newbie but already I have been really wowed by coconut oil, although I can only use it on my lengths.

I really, REALLY want to try the chamomile rinse now - do you literally just pour it over your hair after you've finished everything else?

Nesoi
August 25th, 2014, 01:35 PM
What a great post this is. So joyful and inspirational to read. Like you, I thought I had frizzy hair, but with the help of LHC I have discovered waves! I'm so glad you found this community. I absolutely love to see pictures of your beautiful hair!

StellaKatherine
August 25th, 2014, 01:42 PM
Wow, thanks so much for sharing your story, your descriptions ares so helpful. I was astonished to read that this was all quite recently - I had honestly assumed you were one of the hair experts here due to how amazing your hair is. I'm a newbie but already I have been really wowed by coconut oil, although I can only use it on my lengths.

I really, REALLY want to try the chamomile rinse now - do you literally just pour it over your hair after you've finished everything else?

I take that as a compliment, thank you :D I make chamomile tea the night before and yes as the last rinse I just slowly pour it on my scalp (head down), massage at same time and make sure that all the lenght gets some and then just let it dry. I both like the smell and the feeling my hair gives me :)

Sarden
August 25th, 2014, 03:31 PM
Good, it was definitely meant as a compliment :-)

Thanks for the info, will defo try this and post results!!!

StellaKatherine
August 26th, 2014, 12:10 AM
Good, it was definitely meant as a compliment :-)

Thanks for the info, will defo try this and post results!!!

Will be exciting to hear how it goes ! :flower:

Sarden
August 26th, 2014, 02:13 PM
Well I tried the camomile rinse - it was very easy to do and it had a positive effect - gave my hair a nice shine. However I was disappointment that it didn't have the WOW factor it did for you! Suppose it just one of those things about different peoples hair liking different things. I obviously haven't found my WOW thing yet....

StellaKatherine
August 26th, 2014, 02:30 PM
Well I tried the camomile rinse - it was very easy to do and it had a positive effect - gave my hair a nice shine. However I was disappointment that it didn't have the WOW factor it did for you! Suppose it just one of those things about different peoples hair liking different things. I obviously haven't found my WOW thing yet....

What I noticed is, that sometimes my hair gives more of a WOW factor and sometimes less. It never exactly the same looking after each washing. For me if the hair looks good and my scalp feels good - then I am more than happy :D

Kirzja
August 26th, 2014, 02:47 PM
Great post, I never knew that a different hair routine could make such a big difference in a short amount of time.
Very informative and fun to read :)

itdontmatter48
August 26th, 2014, 04:01 PM
What a great time line and perfect pictures!

StellaKatherine
August 27th, 2014, 11:45 PM
Great post, I never knew that a different hair routine could make such a big difference in a short amount of time.
Very informative and fun to read :)

It was one big suprise to me as well. Never expected such a big difference. Happy I did take all the photos along the way as without them I don't think I would have realized how much the actual change was! :agree: So if something learned..... TAKE PHOTOS! :laugh:

What a great time line and perfect pictures!

And the most important my husband stopped fighting photo sessions ;) I just need to take camera and say "come with me" and he does :o

GetMeToWaist
August 28th, 2014, 08:02 AM
OHHHH so you don't rinse the chamomile rinse off with water??? Because I did last time I tried it and idk if it had an effect. Is it better when you don't rinse it off with water?

StellaKatherine
August 28th, 2014, 08:55 AM
OHHHH so you don't rinse the chamomile rinse off with water??? Because I did last time I tried it and idk if it had an effect. Is it better when you don't rinse it off with water?

Yes, I do not rinse the chamomile tea out with water , I just let it stay on my hair :) As I understand some rinse with chamomile tea, let the hair absorb for 20 min or so and rinse it out with water. But I actually really liked the feeling, smell and my hair seems to like the tea :) So I just let it be. I had some dandruff on my scalp before, but since using chamomile tea I have non!!!! Extrimely happy with the results!

GetMeToWaist
August 28th, 2014, 12:57 PM
Yes, I do not rinse the chamomile tea out with water , I just let it stay on my hair :) As I understand some rinse with chamomile tea, let the hair absorb for 20 min or so and rinse it out with water. But I actually really liked the feeling, smell and my hair seems to like the tea :) So I just let it be. I had some dandruff on my scalp before, but since using chamomile tea I have non!!!! Extrimely happy with the results!

Eyyy trying it tonight :D :D

Chamomile betty
August 28th, 2014, 03:07 PM
I really like your last photo - 10 day experiment hair :agree:

Sinthia
August 28th, 2014, 08:08 PM
Wonderful! I have fluffy frizzy hair too and comb while wet, gonna try this out! Do you scrunch your hair at all while wet, or just let it air dry "straight"

StellaKatherine
August 29th, 2014, 01:50 PM
I really like your last photo - 10 day experiment hair :agree:

Hahaha, if to be honest, I love it too :laugh: Actually going to see if I will be able to stretch my hair washing to longer than 10 days. Right now day 9 and feeling very good :D

Wonderful! I have fluffy frizzy hair too and comb while wet, gonna try this out! Do you scrunch your hair at all while wet, or just let it air dry "straight"

You should definitely stop brushing or combing when wet! I take just a little bit of oil to my hands and go through my ends slightly scrunching only my ends, and then just let it be.

GetMeToWaist, you should definitely try. You never know as you might like it more that way ! Please do tell how it will feel !!!

LilyMarleen
August 29th, 2014, 03:06 PM
Do you use plain camomile bag tea or the loose kind? I think I might have some bags in the closet so I think I'll try it tomorrow. How much do you brew?

GetMeToWaist
August 29th, 2014, 03:53 PM
Hahaha, if to be honest, I love it too :laugh: Actually going to see if I will be able to stretch my hair washing to longer than 10 days. Right now day 9 and feeling very good :D

You should definitely stop brushing or combing when wet! I take just a little bit of oil to my hands and go through my ends slightly scrunching only my ends, and then just let it be.

GetMeToWaist, you should definitely try. You never know as you might like it more that way ! Please do tell how it will feel !!!

My hair was very soft and the waves are so defined! I dont think i ever saw them like this! Camomile tea for the win...

http://i60.tinypic.com/9scnx1.jpg

StellaKatherine
August 29th, 2014, 07:17 PM
My hair was very soft and the waves are so defined! I dont think i ever saw them like this! Camomile tea for the win...

http://i60.tinypic.com/9scnx1.jpg

Ohhh, your hair looks so beautiful!!!! Love your waves! :crush:

StellaKatherine
August 29th, 2014, 07:21 PM
Do you use plain camomile bag tea or the loose kind? I think I might have some bags in the closet so I think I'll try it tomorrow. How much do you brew?

I got some Organic Chamomilla tea bags. I brew one bag in a 5 dl cup and over night.

tmolly
August 29th, 2014, 08:37 PM
Yaaaay, I finally have enough posts to see your photos. :) What an amazing transformation in such little time! Very inspiring, thanks for sharing.

LilyMarleen
August 30th, 2014, 02:31 AM
I found that I don't have any at home. I'll just get some. Let's see if it works for me, too. It did a really great job on your hair.

StellaKatherine
August 30th, 2014, 05:17 AM
Yaaaay, I finally have enough posts to see your photos. :) What an amazing transformation in such little time! Very inspiring, thanks for sharing.

Yay, I am happy to hear, that you could finally see :D

I found that I don't have any at home. I'll just get some. Let's see if it works for me, too. It did a really great job on your hair.

Remember not to wash the tea off for the full effect! Hope you will like it! Please do share the results ! :D

LilyMarleen
August 31st, 2014, 04:18 AM
Remember not to wash the tea off for the full effect! Hope you will like it! Please do share the results ! :D

I'll keep that in mind. I'll get some on Monday and will try it out the next time I wash my hair (I'm up to four days now when I used to wash it every other day :cheer: and I just washed it today.)

I will share the results. :agree:

LilyMarleen
September 3rd, 2014, 04:52 PM
I did the rinse today (and left it in :agree:). It's not dry yet, but even wet it looked shinier than usual.

And after changing my routine to cocnut oiling, CWC, camomile rinse and putting in something similar to your miracle oil (cause I couldn't find it in the drug store although I'm sure I saw that in an advertisement over here) and not brushing or combing it, I had WAVES :happydance::cheer::thud:

I'll see how it'll be when dry, but I kinda have the feeling there won't be many waves left.

-------------------

As I predicted they're becoming less when the hair dries, but still less straight than usual.

Athena61
September 3rd, 2014, 06:13 PM
I am new here. Could someone please tell me why I cannot see the OP's pictures in her intro post? Thank you.

Athena61
September 3rd, 2014, 07:07 PM
Ahhh...never mind. I guess I need to post more in order to see.

Inching Along
September 3rd, 2014, 08:57 PM
I am new here. Could someone please tell me why I cannot see the OP's pictures in her intro post? Thank you.

Ahhh...never mind. I guess I need to post more in order to see.

I hope you'll post more so you can see the pictures! :) Welcome!

Athena61
September 4th, 2014, 06:26 PM
Thanks, Inching Along. I will make my way over to the intro section. But in the meantime I can't seem to pull myself away from these fascinating posts. I have bleached damaged hair and I'm tiring to read as much as I can. Oiling has brought it back from the dead.

sumirechan
July 31st, 2016, 11:09 PM
Oooo! I wanna try WCC too! It might help my frizzy and coarse ends! Will update in a week or two if it works!