PDA

View Full Version : Does nape hair have a terminal?

diddiedaisy
August 8th, 2014, 10:06 AM
Hi all, I have been patiently waiting for my new growth after a major shed to grow in. I have tons of the stuff all over my head at varying lengths. My new growth around the nape area all the way round from ear to ear has come on lovely and thick and is at shoulder length unstretched, cbl stretched. Which is great as from thereonin my hair is see through. But I have got paranoid that it won't grow much longer as everyone seems to have shorter nape hairs. Am I just being silly or am I destined to keep my see through hair? I know time will tell me the answer but I have got really worried about it. Thanks

Entangled
August 8th, 2014, 10:23 AM
I don't think you have anything to worry about. Yes, I have fine hairs around my hairline that never grow long, but they are minimal. If your hair has grown that long before, you should be safe. Terminal is usually quite a bit longer. Just wait. :wink:

Wildcat Diva
August 8th, 2014, 10:24 AM
I think my nape curlies may be destined to stay just that, short and curly. They may prove me wrong though... Well whatever, they are pretty cute.

Anje
August 8th, 2014, 11:01 AM
My nape hairs mostly won't even make it to collarbone, but everyone's different. There's no rule that says they won't keep growing. Mine aren't lovely and thick either.

skeletonous
August 8th, 2014, 11:14 AM
I was wondering something like this myself; I currently shave mine because my hair doesn't cover them and it looks a tad odd when they're a bit long :p I was trying to grow them out with the rest of my hair but I've discovered that it'd probably be best to start doing that once my hair is shoulder length. Though when my hair was longer my nape hair probably stayed around shoulder length pulled straight at the longest.

Panth
August 8th, 2014, 11:41 AM
All hair has a terminal length. As to what it is ... it depends on the individual. The longest I can grow my nape hairs is about 5 inches, so you're evidently doing better than me. ^_^

Éowyn_GreyEyes
August 8th, 2014, 11:47 AM
Mine are super course and spindly and reach to about APL before dying out hahaha

RapunzelKat
August 8th, 2014, 11:51 AM
I have "baby hairs" all around my hairline, especially at the nape. They have a shorter terminal length, varying from a few inches to about APL. I trim the ones at my nape because they make me bonkers. :lol:

However, since you mentioned you're growing out from a shed, I expect that what you have is new growth that just needs to catch up. :flower: A few microtrims over the next few months would probably help you see a thicker hemline.

Laurenji
August 8th, 2014, 11:52 AM
My nape hairs also seem to be finer, curlier, and less capable of growing long - as do the hairs at my temples, and just above my ears. Sometimes they lay flat with the other hairs, and sometimes they do their own thing. I've taken to trimming the edges of my nape hairs since they kept getting tangled up in things.

Johannah
August 8th, 2014, 12:47 PM
Since I take better care of my hair, my nape hairs started growing! Never thought that would be possible! Now I'm curious how far they'll get :D

jacqueline101
August 8th, 2014, 01:59 PM
My nape hairs are shoulder length. I put my hair plus conditioner mix on them and before that monistat. I grew mine that far. I'm now wondering if I can grow them to the length of my hair.

diddiedaisy
August 8th, 2014, 02:32 PM
http://i1373.photobucket.com/albums/ag361/sblackburn4/Mobile%20Uploads/0C5A147E-FA09-4935-897B-1AFCC2D54CC4_zpssz0kivct.jpg (http://s1373.photobucket.com/user/sblackburn4/media/Mobile%20Uploads/0C5A147E-FA09-4935-897B-1AFCC2D54CC4_zpssz0kivct.jpg.html)

I've taken a picture, I messed my hair up a bit so you see better. Do you think there's too much hair just to be nape hair? I measured up my head with fingers (if you know what I mean) and the hair goes up 3 fingers width. My actual length is 1 inch short of apl.

mamaherrera
August 8th, 2014, 02:35 PM
I have these thin, very fine, short hairs (like an inch) around my neck, behind my ears, some at temples, and such. I don't think I have THAT many, but I have enough that I see them shed, 2-4 of them every time I shower (2-3 times a week)

Shibe
August 8th, 2014, 03:36 PM
My nape hair is close to armpit, I don't think it's been longer than that!

lapushka
August 8th, 2014, 03:43 PM
http://i1373.photobucket.com/albums/ag361/sblackburn4/Mobile%20Uploads/0C5A147E-FA09-4935-897B-1AFCC2D54CC4_zpssz0kivct.jpg (http://s1373.photobucket.com/user/sblackburn4/media/Mobile%20Uploads/0C5A147E-FA09-4935-897B-1AFCC2D54CC4_zpssz0kivct.jpg.html)

I've taken a picture, I messed my hair up a bit so you see better. Do you think there's too much hair just to be nape hair? I measured up my head with fingers (if you know what I mean) and the hair goes up 3 fingers width. My actual length is 1 inch short of apl.

What I see here is normal, especially because the rest of your hair is fairly short. It goes hand in hand with the hair you've got. It will *all* just take time to grow. Be patient, and don't worry too too much about it.

Entangled
August 8th, 2014, 07:21 PM
I'm sorry, my comment was not exactly helpful. I didn't clearly understand what you meant. :blushing: I've got those nape hairs, too. Mine get less annoying as the bulk of my hair grows longer.

restless
August 9th, 2014, 12:51 AM
However, since you mentioned you're growing out from a shed, I expect that what you have is new growth that just needs to catch up. :flower:

This :)
OP, I wouldnt worry too much about those short hairs if I was you. Yes, we all have little hairs around the hairline that just wont grow very long, but if youre also growing out from a previous shed its likely that youre having more of those fuzzy, short hairs than the rest of us. Im sure it´ll be fine if they are just given some time :)

Laurenji
August 9th, 2014, 06:46 AM
I have "baby hairs" all around my hairline, especially at the nape. They have a shorter terminal length, varying from a few inches to about APL. I trim the ones at my nape because they make me bonkers. :lol:

However, since you mentioned you're growing out from a shed, I expect that what you have is new growth that just needs to catch up. :flower: A few microtrims over the next few months would probably help you see a thicker hemline.

I shed a lot after my baby was born, and I have a lot of short hairs around the edges that I'm pretty sure are new growth. It's kind of annoying, but I know they'll grow longer! The ones at my temples I'm calling my "owl tufts."