PDA

View Full Version : How to keep hair well moisturized at rehab?

Leslieslsa
August 8th, 2014, 07:30 AM
I know it will probably be dry in there. My hair is really thick and at 38". I am bringing my deep conditioner, some leave ins, my Frizz Ease conditioner which is my favorite, and some other conditioners. But what are the best methods of keeping it moisturized? Washing it as least as possible? Putting only conditioner on sometimes? (That seems to work well for me.) Any other ideas?

maborosi
August 8th, 2014, 07:33 AM
Honestly when I need to keep my hair in good shape when I know I'm not going to get a lot of time to care for it, a good way to moisturize it, for me, is to lightly coat it with conditioner after washing, let it dry until it's just a little bit damp, then braid or bun it up and forget about it until my next wash.

It seems to work wonders for my hair.

Best of luck to you. :flower:

Johannah
August 8th, 2014, 07:49 AM
I guess CO would work, like you said. For me, leave-ins with humectants work amazing as well, but if it's dry there with low humidity, you might want to avoid that. Damp bunning once in a while can help you as well (maybe after you've washed it?). And if you use shampoo, you could CWC or even CWCC. If you like oils, you could do a pre-poo as well and leave it overnight if you wash your hair in the morning, or use it only on the roots and wear it up in a bun if you wash it in the evening.

spidermom
August 8th, 2014, 07:58 AM
I would opt for lightly oiling the length and keeping it braided/bunned. I wouldn't skip washes personally. Oily hair = itchy scalp for me.

chen bao jun
August 8th, 2014, 10:31 AM
Good luck to you and what you are bringing sounds great. maybe also bring some kimberlily defrizz spray, I love that stuff for when its dry.

animetor7
August 8th, 2014, 02:26 PM
I always like to use an oil when I'm in dry places. My favorite is coconut oil because it's pretty cheap for the amount you use, but it doesn't work for everyone. Good luck! And you have some seriously thudworthy hair, so whatever you're doing I'm sure is fine. :cheer::flower::chocolate:

ErinLeigh
August 12th, 2014, 03:19 AM
Sometimes I put a penetrating oil over dry hair, place a shower cap over it for a few hours and let the greenhouse effect do its thing. Makes my hair feel silky and moisturized.

If you can, bring a clarify/chelate shampoo too. Stripping off product and mineral buildup then deep conditioning is a good way to get some nice conditioning in. Follow it with a leave in conditioner, sealing oil and damp bun for a good moisture bang. Adding some cowashes will help too if hair is dry.

Agree with animetor7 that your hair is gorgeous so you obviously have a nice routine already :)

I hope you have a wonderful experience at rehab. Sometimes it is good to focus on yourself and let the worlds issues fall away for awhile.