PDA

View Full Version : Useless water pressure + CO

lajsa
August 7th, 2014, 04:28 PM
Hi there, long time no see! :)
So, I've been mean to my hair lately. It's chemically dyed (I dropped the henna and got tired of my greyish virgin hue), I've been handling it a bit roughly, and I've not even used conditioner a lot lately. So I was thinking I'd get back into the haircare hobby again and see if maybe it'd look better. The thing is, I'd like to maybe go back to CO, but ever since I moved to my own place, the water pressure in my shower is terrible. Which means that it'd take me hours upon hours to rinse the conditioner out. Even now, part of the reason I've been slacking with the conditioning is because it'd mean having to take longer showers, since it takes a while to rinse it and I still sometimes find myself a little too greasy for comfort.

So, I was wondering if maybe any of you wonderful people had some good advice for this situation. Is there some secret alternative way to rinse that might work better, for example? Or just... anything that might help. Any other fine-haired people who do some alternate routine, not necessarily CO? I've tried CWC for a while but I don't really think it does much for me. My hair is rather fine and has a tendency to go a bit limp if I'm not careful. When I did CO before it felt like it made me a little... fluffier, if that makes sense? I'd like something like that again! I feel like the schampoo-and-maybe-a-little-conditioner-if-you're-lucky deal I'm on right now makes my hair days a lot worse then they need to be. :p

Basically, I'm just looking for ideas to see if maybe it's worth it getting back into growing and all (i.e. caring for my hair a lot more again), without too much of a hassle :) Maybe once I had the time for hour-long showers, but that's sadly not true anymore.

Firefox7275
August 7th, 2014, 05:29 PM
I wonder if you could dilute a rinse out conditioner with water and use that as a leave in conditioner? One that is rich in the major emollients (fatty alcohols/ cationic surfactants) and hydrolysed protein (for strength, body/ volume, patch repairing) but oil free/ low oil (to avoid greasiness).

The product that comes to mind since you are in Europe is Schwarzkopf Gliss (Kur) Ultimate Volume conditioner (purple bottle).

animetor7
August 7th, 2014, 08:32 PM
Have you tried shampoo bars? I am also a finey and they tend to help me have more volume and "fluff" as it were. And additionally you can use an acid rinse with minimal conditioner on the ends to moisturize your hair which doesn't necessarily even need to be rinsed out. Here is a link to the shampoo bar thread, it's a monster thread, but you can find basic info on shampoo bars in the first couple of pages and ask any questions you have about them there.http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=74
:) Good luck with finding a routine that works with your water pressure and congrats on the new digs!

mz_butterfly
August 7th, 2014, 08:58 PM
Have you tried a different shower head? The shower could be clogged with lime/deposits or you might need a smaller shower head that allows more pressure to come through less amount if holes. Think vert small, about an inch and a half wide/across, made of metal.

(like this. I searched high pressure shower head)

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Delta-2-Spray-Showerhead-in-Chrome-52652-PK/203124917?cm_mmc=shopping-_-googleads-_-pla-_-203124917&ci_sku=203124917&ci_gpa=pla&ci_src=17588969&gclid=CLf_3fPVgsACFQaOaQodhHcAPA

Or, you can get a big bucket (a 5 gallon bucket or a galvanized tub) and rinse your hair in that.