PDA

View Full Version : What are the Milestones of Hair for you?

DreamSheep
August 6th, 2014, 07:31 AM
Earlier this year I did this drawing called "The Milestones of Hair":

http://37.media.tumblr.com/77c5704b7ce1e3bff024ba0e70b5950a/tumblr_n3z88jwoL31tuj6m4o1_1280.jpg (http://evolution-of-creation.tumblr.com)

...which illustrates the little changes you notice as your hair grows longer. I know here the standard is to speak of hair milestones as the body part it reaches - but I was wondering what other "milestones" you've noticed with your hair (for instance, recently my hair finally reaches butt-length if I bend my head backwards, or some time ago my hair brushes the floor if I do a backbend or a handstand).

skeletonous
August 6th, 2014, 08:53 AM
This is so great :D I'll try and think of some ^^

Johannah
August 6th, 2014, 09:27 AM
Amazing drawing :lol: Thanks for sharing! 7 + 8 + 9 are things I've been through :D

two_wheels
August 6th, 2014, 09:42 AM
Fun! I've got through 1-7. I have been at level 9 in the past.
There should be a level of 't-shirt and pants are made redundant' for this community though!

chen bao jun
August 6th, 2014, 10:07 AM
Love the drawing.
My milestones are hairstyles, mostly buns. As a curly I can't really measure my hair consistently.
So far they have been
can put it all back into a clawclip
can make a bun with the edges pinned down around a scrunchie
can twirl it all around and it stays up (yay!)
can hold up with a hairstick.
can hold up with a flexi
can do disc bun that holds most of time
can do disc bun
can do nautilus bun over one finger
can do nautilus bun over two fingers (where I am now).
this stage is also: can pin a braid into a bun.

Also, have a braid stub
Have a braid
Have a braid that's almost to armpit

peachyleshy
August 6th, 2014, 10:37 AM
I like your drawings! Very cute! I'm inspired to chart my own milestones this way now :)
Right now when I bend my head back my hair touches my waist - can't wait to be there for real! It's still an accomplishment though; so I can better visualize what my hair will look like then.

neko_kawaii
August 6th, 2014, 10:42 AM
Great illustration! You would probably enjoy the unconventional milestones thread (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=115121&page=5&p=2782914#post2782914).

Wosie
August 6th, 2014, 10:51 AM
Very cute and well-drawn; you have a talent for this! I think I'm at level 7 now. ;)

In this level I can make disc buns.
I can have my hair in a low pony-tail without anything falling out.
My hair occasionally get stuck in my armpits.
I cannot reach my ends anymore if I take my hair in my hands and lift it upwards towards the sky.

Some of them. :D

spidermom
August 6th, 2014, 12:34 PM
haha - but you forgot turning your head and having your hair get stuck in your armpit.

Olavi
August 6th, 2014, 01:01 PM
My milestones are what I can do to or with my hair.

I could do a tiny ponytail (not tiny anymore).
I could do tiny English braid (still pathetically tiny, thanks to thick hair).
I could do a tiny loop bun (kind of tiny, I have layers now).
I could do a tiny cinnabun (getting bigger).
I could touch my hair by bending my arm back.
I could get my hair hold up with hairstick (I still need more practise and more hair).

I guess me next milestone is bigger buns/braids/etc. And using hair as a T-shirt. That would be awesome.

Elven_Escapist
August 6th, 2014, 02:31 PM
Just the other day my friend said, "hey! you could just wear your hair as a shirt!" and then she proceeded to figure out how that could work and stay in place. (While I was wearing a shirt, just to clarify...)

jacqueline101
August 6th, 2014, 09:35 PM
In the beginning shoulder length pony tail to short for up dos
Arm pit length and attempt to English braid wasn't long enough
Shoulder blades
Bra strap length grew out layers bleach stripe
Made nipple length when pulled down the front
Made 5 inches from waist
In the front bottom of breast

This is all I have reached so far.

Sarahlabyrinth
August 6th, 2014, 09:48 PM
I'm at "Can use hair instead of T-shirt" stage.:)

SnowbirdRose
August 7th, 2014, 06:57 AM
I'm between 3 and 4. First milestone didn't feel velvety till it grew out some. That's what I hated about a pixie cut the most. What would milestone 10 be?

trolleypup
August 7th, 2014, 06:41 PM
I'm between 3 and 4. First milestone didn't feel velvety till it grew out some. That's what I hated about a pixie cut the most. What would milestone 10 be?
10-Hair caught in pants
11-Pants not required in back/sitting on hair?
12-No clothes required for decency
somewhere down there: Need to wear high heels

RainbowBowser
August 7th, 2014, 07:43 PM
alllmost at 9 :D this post is motivating

chen bao jun
August 7th, 2014, 08:00 PM
Can't wait to get where you are.

In the beginning shoulder length pony tail to short for up dos
Arm pit length and attempt to English braid wasn't long enough
Shoulder blades
Bra strap length grew out layers bleach stripe
Made nipple length when pulled down the front
Made 5 inches from waist
In the front bottom of breast

This is all I have reached so far.

AmberJewel
August 7th, 2014, 10:06 PM
Wow. You guys sure have some interesting milestones. Yay creativity!

erizabesu
August 7th, 2014, 11:21 PM
I love your drawing! I'm at about 9 on your diagram. My next milestone will be "longer than ever before!" I was somewhere between hip and tailbone in high school and should be passing that within the year.

browneyedsusan
August 8th, 2014, 08:31 AM
Ha ha ha! Well drawn and so clever!
I'm at 8--hair stuck in shirts, between my back and the couch/car seat/pew/whatever.

ogden
August 11th, 2014, 07:06 PM
This is the first time I have grown my hair out beyond an inch and am probably at number 3 on the chart but haven't bought any hair ties yet so technically I am still a 2 I guess. But I have noticed a ton of little things that never happened before like hair covering ears, getting in ears when putting head phones in, getting eyes, caught in glasses and more recently staying inside of collared shirts in back and getting in my mouth. I also thought it was fun when I could start to feel it move around when I move my head or when it got blown in my face by the wind. Some of this stuff has definitely gotten old, but I have for the most part really enjoyed the awkward stage just because I didn't know what to except and hadn't experienced any of these things. That being said I am definitely ready to move on from that now as I would really like my hair to stay put at least a little and am more than looking forward to being able to tie a ponytail.

Aderyn
August 12th, 2014, 02:46 AM
Past all of those stages. Patiently waiting for the "arms not long enough to hold the hair straight/comb through in one swipe" milestone as well as the "getting caught in my jeans when getting dressed" (which I'm sort of at when I'm bending over.) and the "sitting on hair" one.

jacqueline101
August 12th, 2014, 02:58 AM
Can't wait to get where you are.

Its strange I've reached this and I have 5 more inches until waist.

DreamSheep
August 15th, 2014, 12:55 PM
Whee! Thanks guys, those are wonderful suggestions! I'm hoping that time here at LHC will allow me to continue adding more milestones to this drawing. :)

jacqueline101
August 19th, 2014, 06:10 AM
I have a new one hair attacks my antique wooden chair.
Finding stray hairs in strange places on rugs, clothes, and in my underwear.