PDA

View Full Version : Reddit Ultra Longhair

Firefox7275
August 4th, 2014, 05:33 PM
Is this beauty on LHC or UTT? Usual suggestion to donate in the comments. *groans*

http://www.reddit.com/r/Hair/comments/2cevu2/started_growing_my_hair_several_years_ago_like/

lapushka
August 4th, 2014, 06:14 PM
Oh yes, the donate bit again. Why oh why am I not surprised. ;)

Éowyn_GreyEyes
August 4th, 2014, 06:22 PM
Maybe I'm just really sensitive but even reading that makes me get butterflies of anger.... My dad suggested it to me one morning driving back to my moms and I couldn't talk to him calmly the whole two hour drive back I was so offended...

Hele
August 4th, 2014, 06:44 PM
i feel like making an account just so i can crab at the "maybe it's time to donate : )" person. Thanks for speaking up Firefox! I think the happy face is what's setting me off, just ugh.

cathair
August 4th, 2014, 06:49 PM
Haha, I nearly did the same so I could vote it down Hele :) Then laziness got the better of me :demon: I hate picking usernames.

meteor
August 4th, 2014, 07:07 PM
Oh my! I couldn't believe it!

"[–]honestassessment 0 points 1 day ago

Seems like a lot to handle, maybe time to donate? :)

[–]Firefox7275 1 point an hour ago

In no way do I mean to be rude, I am genuinely puzzled by this concept.

Why would you suggest donating something the OP has worked to achieve, is (rightly) proud of and clearly enjoying? You would not suggest people donated sentimental fine jewellery, children/ pedigree pets or work of art they invested months in making surely?

[–]AquaQuartz 2 points an hour ago:

Because obviously she's being selfish by not chopping all her hair off! DUH!!!!!'"

Seriously? :(

Thank you, Firefox, for being the voice of reason over there! :flower:

two_wheels
August 4th, 2014, 07:15 PM
Logged in to upvote 8)

Firefox7275
August 4th, 2014, 07:16 PM
I'm pretty confident that long haired beauty has had plenty of time to work out how to handle her lengthy locks. Given the condition of her mane she seems to be managing just fine. :rolleyes:

neko_kawaii
August 4th, 2014, 07:20 PM
I read AquaQuartz "Because obviously she's being selfish by not chopping all her hair off! DUH!!!!!" as sarcasm.

meteor
August 4th, 2014, 07:29 PM
I read AquaQuartz "Because obviously she's being selfish by not chopping all her hair off! DUH!!!!!" as sarcasm.

Yes, I really hope it's sarcasm! :D
The donation pestering is so strange... can't they grow and donate their own hair instead of demanding others to cut theirs off? :)

two_wheels
August 4th, 2014, 07:31 PM
Alternatively they could just donate some money that they spent years saving to a dubiously-non-accountable charity.

gossamer
August 4th, 2014, 07:35 PM

It's reddit. That's definitely sarcasm.

MINAKO
August 4th, 2014, 07:46 PM
This is our member Else on the picture! Well, either it's her or someone who knows where to find her pics!

meteor
August 4th, 2014, 07:53 PM
This is our member Else on the picture! Well, either it's her or someone who knows where to find her pics!

LOL, yeah, you never know these days! :lol: I'm still shocked by that extremely photoshopped photo of some guy's hair that appeared a couple weeks ago here... Oh, the internet! :)

MINAKO
August 4th, 2014, 08:01 PM
LOL, yeah, you never know these days! :lol: I'm still shocked by that extremely photoshopped photo of some guy's hair that appeared a couple weeks ago here... Oh, the internet! :) TBH i don't think it's her account. Why would she call herself sue and just post two random hair pictures when i know her as fully dedicated long hair lover who is active in here and on other websites especially about hair. Awesome mane is for real tho. Huh, did kyle ever show his face again after the puzzlepic? I kinda felt sorry for him getting that much of a reality check fro everyone, but such is life, lol.

meteor
August 4th, 2014, 08:28 PM
TBH i don't think it's her account. Why would she call herself sue and just post two random hair pictures when i know her as fully dedicated long hair lover who is active in here and on other websites especially about hair. Awesome mane is for real tho. Huh, did kyle ever show his face again after the puzzlepic? I kinda felt sorry for him getting that much of a reality check fro everyone, but such is life, lol.

I don't know that LHC-er (her mane is GORGEOUS, btw), but maybe we can PM her if you suspect that somebody might have inappropriately used her pictures?

As for the photoshopping incident, I don't know how/if it got resolved... but I did find it scary. Quite a cautionary tale for sharing photos online, I guess. :(

MINAKO
August 4th, 2014, 09:12 PM
I did PM her, but i guess i was wrong since there were indeed more than just two pics. I neither use Reddit nor Imgur, so i found the template rather confusing, lol.

Oh, i think theres not much left all over the interwebs that would still have the potential to scare me, i found it quiet entertaining this thread tbh, hahaha. I wonder if he finally got to actually wear that barette tho... http://smiley.nowdararpour.ir/greens/36.gif ???

Shibe
August 5th, 2014, 12:10 AM
Photoshopped photo?

How did I miss that

two_wheels
August 5th, 2014, 03:22 AM
I felt bad for Kyle too. I feel like because he's a guy, everyone assumed that the photoshopped image meant he was a pervert. I think if he'd been a pervert he would have pretended to be a woman when he opened his account, and tried to get *us* to post pictures :shrug: I think it's more likely that there was another explanation. Sure, it's still weird, but I feel he got jumped on more than a woman would have.

StellaKatherine
August 5th, 2014, 03:38 AM
Oh my! I couldn't believe it!

"[–]honestassessment 0 points 1 day ago

Seems like a lot to handle, maybe time to donate? :)

[–]Firefox7275 1 point an hour ago

In no way do I mean to be rude, I am genuinely puzzled by this concept.

Why would you suggest donating something the OP has worked to achieve, is (rightly) proud of and clearly enjoying? You would not suggest people donated sentimental fine jewellery, children/ pedigree pets or work of art they invested months in making surely?

[–]AquaQuartz 2 points an hour ago:

Because obviously she's being selfish by not chopping all her hair off! DUH!!!!!'"

Seriously? :(

Thank you, Firefox, for being the voice of reason over there! :flower:

So this means. That people who keep on cutting their hairs are selfish as well. The most unselfish would be to grow hair with no cuts to about waist lenght and cutting it after that to donate. And the repeat the whole growing and cutting process..

Luckily no one ever asked me to donate my hair. But people seem to want my hair for extentions ;)

diddiedaisy
August 5th, 2014, 05:03 AM
Being in the UK I find this donation thing quite odd. I am well aware that people have always donated hair, but over here you would never hear anyone tell someone else to donate their hair. It would be like hearing someone say "why don't you donate a kidney, you've got two of them".

Personally, the amount of time and effort that goes into growing long hair, there is no way I would up and chop it off when I reached my goal. Especially these days as synthetic hair is much better than it used to be.

Firefox7275
August 5th, 2014, 06:04 AM
The ignorance is strong with this one. They appear to be a regular poster on the /r/shorthairedhotties subReddit and not (praise be) a regular poster on LHC or UTT.

stachelbeere
August 5th, 2014, 06:48 AM
I'm still shocked by that extremely photoshopped photo of some guy's hair that appeared a couple weeks ago here... Oh, the internet! :)

hmmm..? this bit of information piqued my interest? how could I miss it! :)

meteor
August 5th, 2014, 06:54 AM
hmmm..? this bit of information piqued my interest? how could I miss it! :)

Here's the thread we were referring to: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=124666
By the way, there were some good bits within that thread posted about security (or lake thereof) of posting pictures online, watermarks, etc.

meteor
August 5th, 2014, 07:11 AM
About the donation question... I'm really glad I'm on the LHC :flowers:, because now I know about the dubious activities of Locks of Love. Every time somebody drops the donation question on me (and my hair is only TBL), I feel like a really terrible person that hair donation is not in my medium-term plans at all... but then I remember the LHC advice and it really gives me strength not to be ashamed of the "selfishness of keeping hair" and not to crawl away after the guilt-trip.
I even explained to some lady "But they throw away dyed/bleached hair and my hair will end up in trash can" and got "But you should still donate it because it's not right not to!" :confused:

Here is a great video that I wanted to share that really explains the hair donation problem and might help others who are hearing donation questions for the first time and don't know or struggle with how to handle it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgEuFdFrKII
And another one by Torrin Paige: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1k5G4MPK7Q

PS: It never happened to me in Europe or Asia. And I'm happy that it appears to be unheard of outside of US or Canada, and I hope it won't spread. :D

Shibe
August 5th, 2014, 10:58 PM
If you look at the comment history of the person telling the OP it's time to donate, they tend to spend a lot of time in 'short hair hotties'

Maybe this person has a cutting ******

Shibe
August 5th, 2014, 11:01 PM
The ignorance is strong with this one. They appear to be a regular poster on the /r/shorthairedhotties subReddit and not (praise be) a regular poster on LHC or UTT.

Yep, I think that poster might have a thing for girls cutting their hair.

Else
August 6th, 2014, 02:01 AM
Uff, MINAKO messaged me yesterday and told me someone have found a picture of me on imgur. I didn't read this thread as I don't spend much time on TLHC at the moment. To make a point: I am reddit member for three years now and therefore using imgur for uploading pictures. :D As I'm from Europe no-one would expect someone cut their hair and then donate it here, I skipped this comment. To be honest: My hair has a lot of damage because of chemical treatments I did in the past (beyond APL that's not my natural hair color) AND for a good wig you need much more hair than it grows on one head. I would never ever cut my hair for donating it, because I think it doesn't help other people (and I'd lost my hair!). ;) I don't think it's selfish, because even those guys who claim for donating could break the "selfishness" and start growing their own hair ;)

Thank you for your kind words and support :)

Johannah
August 6th, 2014, 05:23 AM
I don't think it's selfish, because even those guys who claim for donating could break the "selfishness" and start growing their own hair ;)

Yes, you're absolutely right!

And your hair is lovely by the way :blossom: