PDA

View Full Version : How to grow hair *fast*!

lapushka
August 4th, 2014, 03:41 PM
Looks like it took her a fair number of years, though (5 to be exact), so I don't know what exactly "fast" means. ;) She has gorgeous hair nonetheless. :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bMxa42HISw

Komao
August 4th, 2014, 03:53 PM
Looks like it took her a fair number of years, though (5 to be exact), so I don't know what exactly "fast" means. ;) She has gorgeous hair nonetheless. :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bMxa42HISw

I agree that her hair is gorgeous. :)

Remi
August 4th, 2014, 05:22 PM
I agree, Lapushka. Cute video. That girl is so sweet and wow! What beautiful hair.

Shibe
August 5th, 2014, 12:19 AM
Very pretty hair!

If it took 5 years with no trims, thats about 30 inches of hair. Seems like she just let it grow on its own :shrug:

Stray_mind
August 5th, 2014, 02:28 AM
I'm not sure 5 years is fast.. It seems average growth speed to me. Beautiful hair anyway though :)

Wosie
August 5th, 2014, 02:32 AM
I just checked a video in the list to the right of this one, and a girl was saying that you could grow 2-4 inches in one week with the inversion method... Oh my. %)

Stray_mind
August 5th, 2014, 03:04 AM
I can't do the inversion method. I get sick and want to throw up when i do it... :(

Wosie
August 5th, 2014, 03:15 AM
Stray_mind, What is your procedure when you do the inversion method?

I normally wash my hair with my head down in the shower, so my body's used to the stance, however... I might get a wee dizzy after the inversion method as four minutes massaging my scalp upside down always seems to take longer than what I'd expect. *^_^*

Stray_mind
August 5th, 2014, 03:35 AM
I was doing the one when you lie down on the bed and bend your head downwards from the side... Hm.. About the stance in the shower-i almost allways wash my hair like that, and later i massage oil in my damp scalp keeping my head downwards.... so if i massage my scalp longer-will it be an inversion method?

StellaKatherine
August 5th, 2014, 03:51 AM
Yeah 5 year of growing is no where fast. But her hair is truely beautiful and she is so adorable :) What I do find weird is all the questions of this type " How did you get your hair to grow that long ?" " How do I grow my hair faster?" and such. My own hair doesn't grow super fast, but I kinda feel that if the nature ment for my hair to grow this speed, then it should be left to do so :D The weirdest was when I am at the dentist and doctor and the assistent kept on asking me about my hair! What I do and how! What in the world ? You should look at my teeth and fix them, not look at my hair ! ;)

StellaKatherine
August 5th, 2014, 03:57 AM
I see I had a double post :D

Eastbound&Down
August 5th, 2014, 08:44 PM
Yeah 5 year of growing is no where fast. But her hair is truely beautiful and she is so adorable :) What I do find weird is all the questions of this type " How did you get your hair to grow that long ?" " How do I grow my hair faster?" and such. My own hair doesn't grow super fast, but I kinda feel that if the nature ment for my hair to grow this speed, then it should be left to do so :D The weirdest was when I am at the dentist and doctor and the assistent kept on asking me about my hair! What I do and how! What in the world ? You should look at my teeth and fix them, not look at my hair ! ;)

Well, in their defense: for most people in our society, long hair is not really all that common and can be very interesting. I'm sure I still sound like that to a lot of people on here as I start my growing journey :) I'm sure they were just overwhelmed with curiosity because your hair is so beautiful (which for some reason some people think is "dirty" and "fragile").

ravenreed
August 5th, 2014, 08:50 PM
She is also 18. When I was her age my hair grew about twice as fast as it does now.

Tini'sNewHair
August 6th, 2014, 12:33 AM
GAH! as soon as she said that she straightened her hair just to "show her length", i fell alseep haha I believe its all in the genes, hair type, how you manage it etc. that can help with it grow long and pretty but its not all about length!!! I WONDER how her hair REALLY is in its natural state, just because its long dosnt mean its in a good condition and straightening it will hide any problems so im tunning out :p (I didnt listen to anything else that shes said lol)

Johannah
August 6th, 2014, 03:46 AM
GAH! as soon as she said that she straightened her hair just to "show her length", i fell alseep haha I believe its all in the genes, hair type, how you manage it etc. that can help with it grow long and pretty but its not all about length!!! I WONDER how her hair REALLY is in its natural state, just because its long dosnt mean its in a good condition and straightening it will hide any problems so im tunning out :p (I didnt listen to anything else that shes said lol)

This was my first thought as well! In the video her hair is amazing, but what if she didn't use heat? At my university there's a girl who has TBL length hair and when she straightens it, it's AMAZING. But last time she was late for class and she didn't use heat. It was dull and I could see split ends all over her hair. It motivates me to skip the blowdryer and straightener.

StellaKatherine
August 6th, 2014, 06:10 AM
Well, in their defense: for most people in our society, long hair is not really all that common and can be very interesting. I'm sure I still sound like that to a lot of people on here as I start my growing journey :) I'm sure they were just overwhelmed with curiosity because your hair is so beautiful (which for some reason some people think is "dirty" and "fragile").

Don't get me wrong. I gladly answer as much as I can when someone ask me. And give some little tips on the hair care if someone wants to hear some. But in the ends I feel my answer never makes people happy. As many expect some BIG secret when actually in my case there is NON. And the only thing I can say is " Don't cut it.. and yeah.. well I am a lucky bastard to get it this way ". But there are situations like the dentist where I rather they wouldn't give attention to it :)

Btw. I wish people did think that my hair is dirty and fragile. Maybe then touching it wouldn't be as exciting for them ;)

lapushka
August 6th, 2014, 08:30 AM
Btw. I wish people did think that my hair is dirty and fragile. Maybe then touching it wouldn't be as exciting for them ;)

Hahaha! Yes, that would be the thing, wouldn't it! :D

MINAKO
August 6th, 2014, 08:40 AM
I wish people would make more videos that educate others on how it takes time, dedication and the balls to go trough some tough growing stages without reaching for the scissors.
There is no FAST way to get long hair unless you invest in a decent wig imho.
Talking about scamming the sh*t out of social networks to recieve views. I came across this video a few days ago and couldn't stop laughing. Somebody in the comments even stupid enough to top her off, telling they have grown 7 inches in week after trying out her tips, duh, seriously... these people must be X-men or something, hahaha.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xx5ZB4EoMis

Wosie
August 6th, 2014, 10:44 AM
MINAKO, That was the exact same video I was talking about! So many people must wind up sorely disappointed when they realize that even the fastest growers 'only' grow around an inch a month.

It's supposed to take time and patience, those are the two main ingredients for having long hair.

StellaKatherine
August 6th, 2014, 10:57 AM
Hahaha! Yes, that would be the thing, wouldn't it! :D

So, how we do it ? :hmm: ;)

MINAKO
August 6th, 2014, 10:58 AM
MINAKO, That was the exact same video I was talking about! So many people must wind up sorely disappointed when they realize that even the fastest growers 'only' grow around an inch a month. It's supposed to take time and patience, those are the two main ingredients for having long hair. Oh, i just saw your response already referred to this, hahaha. Yes, things like this only set up people fr disappointment. You could literally tell that the girl in the video was a liar and had no clue what she was talking about. Just had long hair and wants subscribers. The person claiming the grew 7 inches probably has no hair at all. Shame on them! I would be happy to grow as fast as an inch a month, i think it's as fast as we can ask for, usually it's 0.5 to 0.8 for me, which i don't consider slow at all. It's good to be realistic about things and learn to put in the effort instead of just sitting there for a wekk and waiting for the magic to happen.

GetMeToWaist
August 6th, 2014, 11:13 AM
She does have nice hair but its pretty thin, especially at the ends.

lapushka
August 6th, 2014, 12:55 PM
So, how we do it ? :hmm: ;)

I have no clue. :lol: I'd rather have it clean, though. ;)

lapushka
August 6th, 2014, 12:57 PM
It's supposed to take time and patience, those are the two main ingredients for having long hair.

Amen, and...

I would be happy to grow as fast as an inch a month, i think it's as fast as we can ask for, usually it's 0.5 to 0.8 for me, which i don't consider slow at all. It's good to be realistic about things and learn to put in the effort instead of just sitting there for a wekk and waiting for the magic to happen.

Amen!

peachyleshy
August 6th, 2014, 01:06 PM
I just checked a video in the list to the right of this one, and a girl was saying that you could grow 2-4 inches in one week with the inversion method... Oh my. %)

I saw that one! I don't know what kind of ruler she was using... :confused:

Hibernis
August 6th, 2014, 01:45 PM
wait, wait, wait...

You mean all I have to do is wait? All I need to do is take care of my hair and not cut it?

Can't be true. Too easy. Too free.

neko_kawaii
August 6th, 2014, 01:53 PM
wait, wait, wait...

You mean all I have to do is wait? All I need to do is take care of my hair and not cut it?

Housewife discovers simple home remedy for hair growth. Stylists everywhere hate her.

SnowbirdRose
August 6th, 2014, 01:53 PM
wait, wait, wait...

Can't be true. Too easy. Too free. And yet people will still search for 'the secret' to growing long hair fast. I haven't measured my growth yet. I'm just glad it's growing.

lapushka
August 6th, 2014, 02:05 PM
wait, wait, wait...

Too funny! :lol:

Hootenanny
August 6th, 2014, 02:11 PM
wait, wait, wait...

Your post made me think of my favorite "How to grow long hair!" video of all time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-ciMuVhDXA

KittyBird
August 6th, 2014, 02:32 PM
Your post made me think of my favorite "How to grow long hair!" video of all time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-ciMuVhDXA

That video is amazing! I love it! :D
I'm happy as long as my hair is growing. I used to wish for faster growth because I though my hair grew unusually slow, but that changed after I compared the 2013 length picture with the 2014 picture, and realized how much my hair had grown. Hip to tailbone in just over 1 year, I don't think that's slow. I'm too lazy to measure, but from the looks of it my growth is average, or maybe even a bit fast. :)

two_wheels
August 6th, 2014, 02:38 PM
Don't get me wrong. I gladly answer as much as I can when someone ask me. And give some little tips on the hair care if someone wants to hear some. But in the ends I feel my answer never makes people happy. As many expect some BIG secret when actually in my case there is NON. And the only thing I can say is " Don't cut it.. and yeah.. well I am a lucky bastard to get it this way ". But there are situations like the dentist where I rather they wouldn't give attention to it :)

Not cutting it seems to amaze the civilians, though. Really. They say they don't cut it, and what they mean is they don't chop big sections off. But they have a 1/2" - 1" trim every 6-8 weeks. :shrug:

I do understand that other people max out way before you, even if they don't cut. That must be frustrating and yes, you're lucky. But don't underrate the not-cutting advice :lol:

MINAKO
August 6th, 2014, 03:06 PM
Your post made me think of my favorite "How to grow long hair!" video of all time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-ciMuVhDXA Ahahahahaha! http://smiley.nowdararpour.ir/laughing/62.gif

two_wheels
August 6th, 2014, 03:09 PM
I missed that... absolutely brilliant, Hootenanny!

StellaKatherine
August 6th, 2014, 03:17 PM
Not cutting it seems to amaze the civilians, though. Really. They say they don't cut it, and what they mean is they don't chop big sections off. But they have a 1/2" - 1" trim every 6-8 weeks. :shrug:

I do understand that other people max out way before you, even if they don't cut. That must be frustrating and yes, you're lucky. But don't underrate the not-cutting advice :lol:

Yeah the most important part of the long growth is the genetics. Not something you can really fight with. Same as the thickness, I can eat all vitamins in the world, put all the hair masks and oils there are - and no way I will get my hair thicker than it is genetically possible :)

btw love to see you you are soon approaching your 2011 hair! Looks awesome! :flowers:

neko_kawaii
August 6th, 2014, 03:21 PM

Ha! My son watched it with me. My parenting is done for the day.

two_wheels
August 6th, 2014, 03:22 PM
Yeah the most important part of the long growth is the genetics. Not something you can really fight with. Same as the thickness, I can eat all vitamins in the world, put all the hair masks and oils there are - and no way I will get my hair thicker than it is genetically possible :)

btw love to see you you are soon approaching your 2011 hair! Looks awesome! :flowers:

Aww thanks! I found this amazing secret*. Doctors hate me!!

*not really

chen bao jun
August 6th, 2014, 06:23 PM
I like the 'patience' video. It's funny.
But the OP's video was sensible, also. Yeah, she flat ironed to show the length but she actually stresses not using heat in the video, as well as not getting hair cuts too often--basically gives a lot of LHC advice. And she does say it took her 5 years.

Shibe
August 6th, 2014, 09:42 PM
I wish people would make more videos that educate others on how it takes time, dedication and the balls to go trough some tough growing stages without reaching for the scissors.
There is no FAST way to get long hair unless you invest in a decent wig imho.
Talking about scamming the sh*t out of social networks to recieve views. I came across this video a few days ago and couldn't stop laughing. Somebody in the comments even stupid enough to top her off, telling they have grown 7 inches in week after trying out her tips, duh, seriously... these people must be X-men or something, hahaha.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xx5ZB4EoMis

I made a thread about this exact video last night! Good tips, but cmon people..think realistically!