PDA

View Full Version : What is my hair type?

Estrid
August 4th, 2014, 09:50 AM
Hey everyone!
I've known about the hairtyping system for a while but I can't say that I know which category I belong to, I think I'm either 1c or 2a, but I'm not sure. I know that I am m/ii/iii but the waves are (to me) a bit harder to understand. What does it look like to you all?

One other question: what would you say that my hair colour is?

Thanks in advance :)

http://oi58.tinypic.com/33vc8xw.jpg

http://oi57.tinypic.com/2dmiemh.jpg

Excuse the rough edges of my hair, last time I had an haircut it was not by a professional! :S

ExpectoPatronum
August 4th, 2014, 09:57 AM
I'd say 1c definitely, and maybe 2a as your hair gets longer which would make it a lot easier to see the wave pattern.

I'm not good with hair color, but I'm willing to give it a shot. Maybe an ash blonde? I could be completely wrong. I can't even figure out my own hair color lol.

Estrid
August 4th, 2014, 10:14 AM
Thank you for your answer :) I thought before that it might be too short to tell, and I guess it is. My hair grows soooo slow so it will take time before I know for sure.

I wish I had a more defined haircolour, having something like this makes it hard to talk about :D

Hibernis
August 4th, 2014, 10:23 AM
I wish I had a more defined haircolour, having something like this makes it hard to talk about :D

I really love your hair color because it isn't so defined. I love how you have all sorts of colors going on there! It makes it very interesting to look at, and you can probably play with a few different color schemes depending on what you want to play up. You have something people will pay for - I know someone who goes to the salon monthly and dumps a ton of cash to get exactly your hair color.

It's a golden/honey/ash color, and it makes me think of fairies :)

Estrid
August 4th, 2014, 10:39 AM
I really love your hair color because it isn't so defined. I love how you have all sorts of colors going on there! It makes it very interesting to look at, and you can probably play with a few different color schemes depending on what you want to play up. You have something people will pay for - I know someone who goes to the salon monthly and dumps a ton of cash to get exactly your hair color.

It's a golden/honey/ash color, and it makes me think of fairies :)

Haha, thank you! :) Now I will think of fairies every time I look at my hair :p And yea, it got multiple colours in it, dark blonde, blonde, red, copper... I even found a black hair strand some months ago!

I think I will like my hair better when it has grown out a bit.

Estrid
August 4th, 2014, 02:35 PM
When it comes to the thickness of the individual strands I kinda have all types, I have the very thin ones and I have some very thick ones, but the majority are of that medium thickness, so I guess I should just go with M?

If so I guess I could add that to my profile, 1c/m/ii/iii :)

ravenheather
August 4th, 2014, 04:43 PM
I would guess you are a 2a. It won't show up till about apl.

Dickiebow
August 4th, 2014, 04:53 PM
I think your hair colour is lovely. Definitely a honey blonde in the photo. How long do you want your hair to grow?

lilin
August 4th, 2014, 04:55 PM
I would guess you are a 2a. It won't show up till about apl.

I think so too. Estrid, your hair looks very well brushed here, which will also tend to reduce waves. I bet with a few more inches, and unbrushed (which, as I understand, is the "standard" condition in which to assess hair type), you'd definitely be a 2a.

I'm rubbish with hair colors. As someone else said, I don't even know exactly what mine is. Uh, brunette? Similarly, your hair color looks like "pretty" to me, of a blonde persuasion. :D

lapushka
August 4th, 2014, 05:15 PM
I'd say 1b/1c, but re-evaluate at APL or thereabouts. The waves may (or may not be) stronger then.

Estrid
August 4th, 2014, 10:43 PM
Thank you all for the answers! It helps alot :)

I guess its hard to tell what type my hair is when it is so short, but it is unbrushed (I followed the instructions in the "Visual Hairtyping Guide"). Maybe I should just wait with calling it anything at all until it's longer, or just call it 1c and keep an eye on it :p

I want to grow out my hair quite alot, I have never had longer than to apl and that was when I was a kid so I have no idea what it will look like on me, but I want at least to get it to mbl. I feel like I might want longer after that but it will take quite some while before I reach that point.

Sparklylady82
August 4th, 2014, 11:33 PM
I think 1b or 1c as well...very pretty! Your color is a light blond to me. It reminds me of my son's hair. Sometimes it looks golden, sometimes more neutral and sometimes it hints red. Lucky!

Estrid
August 5th, 2014, 12:02 AM
Thank you for your answer :) Maybe I am a 1b, now when I think of it. It tend to get a bit less of those "big strange waves" when it gets pass the shoulders by some cm (I'm guessing the shoulders makes the hair bend off a bit). Gaaah, it's hard to know! I wish I wouldn't have let my mother talked me into cutting 7 cm off 8 months ago.

lilin
August 5th, 2014, 12:05 AM
Thank you all for the answers! It helps alot :)

I guess its hard to tell what type my hair is when it is so short, but it is unbrushed (I followed the instructions in the "Visual Hairtyping Guide"). Maybe I should just wait with calling it anything at all until it's longer, or just call it 1c and keep an eye on it :p

I want to grow out my hair quite alot, I have never had longer than to apl and that was when I was a kid so I have no idea what it will look like on me, but I want at least to get it to mbl. I feel like I might want longer after that but it will take quite some while before I reach that point.

You have really smooth hair then! Jelly. :D

Enjoy the ride. Try not to obsessively measure too much (still kinda doing that myself, at BSL-ish). Oh, and don't get a hair toy addiction! I have already fallen to this disease.

Estrid
August 5th, 2014, 12:08 AM
I found an old picture of my hair before I cut it off 2,5 years ago. I don't think I've done much to it in the picture (more than the braid), maybe it's too short to tell in that picture too... I guess I'll just have to wait :)

http://oi57.tinypic.com/2h5l535.jpg

Estrid
August 5th, 2014, 12:12 AM
You have really smooth hair then! Jelly. :D

Enjoy the ride. Try not to obsessively measure too much (still kinda doing that myself, at BSL-ish). Oh, and don't get a hair toy addiction! I have already fallen to this disease.

haha, I will try to enjoy the ride :D I'm not the most patient person so it will probably be hard the first year from now, after that it might get a bit better (I just dislike this length).

Will take a while before I can use any toys, and I'm sure I will love using them when I can, so I can't promise that I won't get an addiction :p

diddiedaisy
August 5th, 2014, 02:36 AM
I would say your colour is beige blonde. But hey, blonde comes in a million shades and can change its mind from morning to evening. When mine was natural it would alwaysget darker as the day went on. :)

Estrid
August 5th, 2014, 03:32 AM
Yeah, I know my hair is somekind of blonde shade, not very clear which shade though. Maybe I should just call it blondish ;)

Estrid
August 5th, 2014, 09:32 AM
I think I'll just call it 1b/1c until its longer and I can have a better look, thank you all for the help :)

DreamSheep
August 5th, 2014, 10:35 AM
Ohhh, your hair looks exactly like mine when my hair was shorter (and in fact, I will probably be posting a very similar question myself). :)

Where I'm from your hair would be blonde, but I would personally call it "golden hair". Love that colour <3
Mine has darkened since, I wish I could get that colour back!

Estrid
August 5th, 2014, 11:19 AM
Ohhh, your hair looks exactly like mine when my hair was shorter (and in fact, I will probably be posting a very similar question myself). :)

Where I'm from your hair would be blonde, but I would personally call it "golden hair". Love that colour <3
Mine has darkened since, I wish I could get that colour back!

For some reason it's so nice to see people with the same kind of hair :) Thanks for your reply! ^_^

I will probably make a new thread in a year or two asking the same question again (since its hard to tell now), haha.