PDA

View Full Version : My Tutorials

WaitingSoLong
August 4th, 2014, 05:16 AM
I used to have a YouTube channel with my hair tutorials (back from when I had classic-FTL hair) but I delted it when I had a stalker. I finally got around to uploading them to my new channel.

My videos are all fairly short and I do not speak in them, they are captioned when necessary. They are all on classic or longer hair.

Here is my channel, Willow Lien (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfv2SK2lct3twyx8XiKr1BA).

I have the following tutorials on my channel:

4 to 3 stranded braid
*Alternative Nautilus
*Celtic Christmas Bun
Cinnabun with spin pins
*Clover Bun
*Double Wrapped Alternative Infinity
*Double wrapped L-Infinity
*Double-wrapped Nautilus
Dualies (the ones in my recent photos on blog)
Gibralter
Lazy Wrap Bun
Hypno bun
L-Infinity
Nautilus
Oval Bun
*Paranda braided bun

The asterisk denotes a bun I invented (to the best of my knowledge). Hope these help someone.

swords & roses
August 4th, 2014, 05:43 AM
Thanks so much for sharing! I love checking out hair tutorial videos! :)

Timea
August 4th, 2014, 05:44 AM
That 4 to 3 strand braid thing is genious!

jacqueline101
August 4th, 2014, 05:53 AM
I'm sorry you had a stalker but I'm going to check them out.

lapushka
August 4th, 2014, 06:12 AM
Am I mistaken or did you have a different channel before, because I thought I was subbed to you, but apparently now I'm not (subbed in the mean time, though).

Stiria
August 4th, 2014, 09:45 AM
Thanks for posting! I like your videos:)

WaitingSoLong
August 4th, 2014, 02:08 PM
Am I mistaken or did you have a different channel before, because I thought I was subbed to you, but apparently now I'm not (subbed in the mean time, though).

Yes I had to make a new channel (as stated in OP). :)

MeowScat
August 4th, 2014, 02:21 PM
Thank you for uploading them again, your videos are so easy to follow. I'm sorry about the creeper.

On certain videos, they won't load because it said you didn't make them available for viewing on a mobile device and I don't have a laptop. :(

Great to see you posting here. :)

BrendaLoan
August 4th, 2014, 02:28 PM
Subscribed! Nice videos, thanks for sharing :)

LauraLongLocks
August 4th, 2014, 02:42 PM
Subscribed! Thanks!

lapushka
August 4th, 2014, 03:44 PM
Yes I had to make a new channel (as stated in OP). :)

Ooh, must have missed that part. Thanks for replying, though!

WaitingSoLong
August 4th, 2014, 04:02 PM
Thank you for uploading them again, your videos are so easy to follow. I'm sorry about the creeper.

On certain videos, they won't load because it said you didn't make them available for viewing on a mobile device and I don't have a laptop. :(

Great to see you posting here. :)

How do I go about changing it? I set them all to the same settings ?:confused:

irodaryne
August 4th, 2014, 04:09 PM
Thanks for uploading all of these again. Even though you don't speak in any of them, the tutorials are very easy to follow and understand.

Ingrid
August 4th, 2014, 04:19 PM
Thank you so much for sharing the tutorials!! They're so clear and so easy to follow. I actually find these kinds of tutorials the most helpful since English is not my first language and sometimes it's difficult to understand when spoken.

cathair
August 4th, 2014, 04:30 PM
How do I go about changing it? I set them all to the same settings ?:confused:

I think when you upload a video it's in the advanced settings. You can choose:

Everywhere - make this video available on all platforms

or

Monetised platforms -make this video available only on monetised platforms .

You can also get to the settings by going to 'Creator Studio' in YouTube, then clicking the 'Edit' button on the video you want to change, then 'Advanced Settings' under the video itself.

There's an explanation of it here:

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2453875?hl=en-GB

It's all about which platforms they can show adverts on and which they can't.

I agree your tutorials are some of the clearest. They are also to the point which I like :)

Remi
August 4th, 2014, 04:53 PM
Thank you for uploading all those videos. I love the simplicity you have, and how they are easy to follow along with. Subscribed. :applause

browneyedsusan
August 4th, 2014, 05:33 PM
Hi, WSL! :waving:

I like them, too! Short, sweet, and to the point.

LadyCelestina
August 5th, 2014, 03:06 AM
Oh and they are clear,well lit and good quality! :-O Thanks for sharing waitingsolong!

Sarahlabyrinth
August 5th, 2014, 03:10 AM
Your tutorials are really good, WSL!

Thank you for uploading them, I have subscribed, and am looking forward to more to come sometime (hopefully).

WaitingSoLong
August 5th, 2014, 06:12 AM
Hi, WSL! :waving:

I like them, too! Short, sweet, and to the point.

Those are what I like, too, so that's what I made! Plus I hate my voice LOL.

Your tutorials are really good, WSL!

Thank you for uploading them, I have subscribed, and am looking forward to more to come sometime (hopefully).

Perhaps when my hair is a bit longer. Suggestions for styles?

I think when you upload a video it's in the advanced settings. You can choose:

Everywhere - make this video available on all platforms

or Monetised platforms -make this video available only on monetised platforms . :)

I will see what I can find...

WaitingSoLong
August 5th, 2014, 06:18 AM
cathair, I checked them all and they are all set to "everywhere" but it wouldn't let me change them regardless (I could see the options but it was not available to change).

bunzfan
August 5th, 2014, 06:40 AM
Thanks for putting your video's back up i loved them :D

Sagi1982
August 5th, 2014, 05:20 PM
Subscribed, too! I have to try most of your buns...

RapunzelKat
August 5th, 2014, 05:29 PM
Thanks for sharing, WaitingSoLong! I subscribed, but will have to wait until I'm on my PC to watch :)

Your hair in your sig looks great by the way! Are you enjoying being back to all-virgin hair?

cathair
August 5th, 2014, 05:53 PM
cathair, I checked them all and they are all set to "everywhere" but it wouldn't let me change them regardless (I could see the options but it was not available to change).

I'm a little bit stumped, that's never happened to me before. I had a little google around, it doesn't seem to be a known current issue according to YouTube. I came across an older thread in the google product support pages where people were having this issue in relation to music copyright:

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/youtube/7ZrdrbhE0JI[1-25-false] (ETA, this link is working right, might work if you copy paste it, forum doesn't like the bit in square brackets)

I don't recognize the music in your videos, so I don't know if there are any issues there. I wondered if YouTube recognised the videos had been uploaded to another account before too. That doesn't honestly make much sense to me though, why would you be able to make money from a video if it had recognized the music was someone else's?

I have been fiddling with my own videos, to see if I could work it out. But I have the opposite problem, I can only set them to everyone and not to the monetised option.

Perhaps you could ask in the google product forums here?

https://productforums.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!forum/youtube

The only other thing I can think of is try logging on from another type of device. If you are using a tablet, trying a PC etc.

I wish I could be more helpful sorry.

Carolyn
August 5th, 2014, 06:13 PM
I subscribed too. I remember your trampoline video from your old channel. Very cool!

Jennwith4
August 6th, 2014, 12:14 AM
Thank you for sharing!

Sparklylady82
August 6th, 2014, 12:18 AM
Subscribed!

WaitingSoLong
August 6th, 2014, 05:23 AM
Your hair in your sig looks great by the way! Are you enjoying being back to all-virgin hair?
Yes. The demarcation line was really driving me nuts. lol

I don't recognize the music in your videos, so I don't know if there are any issues there. I wondered if YouTube recognised the videos had been uploaded to another account before too. That doesn't honestly make much sense to me though, why would you be able to make money from a video if it had recognized the music was someone else's?

There is copyrighted music in all of my videos, so they should all be the same. You know, this time when I uploaded them, I did not get the copyright notice I usually get regarding the music. I do recxall some from other countries could not view the videos because of the copyrighted music.

Johannah
August 6th, 2014, 05:29 AM
Thanks for sharing! I've added some videos to my favorites and I'll try them out tomorrow! :D