PDA

View Full Version : Scalp massage

snehaPatel
August 3rd, 2014, 12:36 PM
Hello,

My hair is reaching my tailbone now. It's really thin, so I started using castor oil, coconut oil, mustard oil and amla oil. I mix all of them and apply it to my hair and leave it during weekdays as well. I wash hair twice a week. I wish to have thick and long hair i.e. beyond my tailbone length.

Do you ladies do scalp massage everyday?

I only do it twice a week while applying oil in my hair. Also how many times a week do you wash your hair? I feel I should wash it thrice a week as I find it getting more dirty with use of castor and mustard oil.

kitana97
August 3rd, 2014, 01:07 PM
I wash my hair about once a week and I don't scalp massage, mainly because I'm too lazy to do it.

If you find your hair getting greasy from the oils make sure your only putting it on the ends or from the ears down.

Madora
August 3rd, 2014, 03:35 PM
I use scalp massage once in a blue moon BUT I brush my hair in the upside down position every day, so I'm getting the benefits of scalp massage in a slightly different way.

If you're using a lot of oil, then a once a week shampooing might be a good idea. The less stuff you put on your hair, the less it will attract lint, etc. from your surroundings, etc.

Nellon
August 3rd, 2014, 04:04 PM
I love scalp massages, but often I'm to lazy to do them. I have a bottle of castor oil just waiting to be used. Thanks for the reminder. I also feel scalp massages really relaxes me and releases tensions in body and mind. So, double benefits :)

Good luck on growing strong, thick and healthy hair!

snehaPatel
August 3rd, 2014, 05:52 PM
I wash my hair about once a week and I don't scalp massage, mainly because I'm too lazy to do it.

If you find your hair getting greasy from the oils make sure your only putting it on the ends or from the ears down.

Will give it a try for a week.

snehaPatel
August 3rd, 2014, 05:58 PM
I use scalp massage once in a blue moon BUT I brush my hair in the upside down position every day, so I'm getting the benefits of scalp massage in a slightly different way.

If you're using a lot of oil, then a once a week shampooing might be a good idea. The less stuff you put on your hair, the less it will attract lint, etc. from your surroundings, etc.

I need to start with upside down brushing or scalp massaging as well. My mom used to do it on my hair everyday when I was small and I know it really helps in growing hair the length of the hair. Few things I noticed on my hair was without oil my hair becomes dry and brittle. It is more moisturized when I put oil and leave it on everyday. I think it's becoming more greasy because of the sweat my body generates while working out, even thought I wipe it out after workout sessions.

snehaPatel
August 3rd, 2014, 06:00 PM
I love scalp massages, but often I'm to lazy to do them. I have a bottle of castor oil just waiting to be used. Thanks for the reminder. I also feel scalp massages really relaxes me and releases tensions in body and mind. So, double benefits :)

Good luck on growing strong, thick and healthy hair!

Thank you and I completely agree with relaxing and releasing anger thing. I feel less stressed out in the week when I do scalp massage. But yes even I am lazy too in doing it daily.

meteor
August 3rd, 2014, 06:21 PM
Scalp massages are great and have serious benefits:
1) relaxation, good against stress and headaches,
2) sometimes mild improvement of hair growth rates due to improvement of blood circulation.

The only downside is it takes some time and dedication. Also, you may notice an increase (only initially) in shedding when they use scalp oils or treatments during their head massages.