PDA

View Full Version : best clips to hold jumbo rollers?

islesgirl
August 3rd, 2014, 07:15 AM
Hi everyone. I use the Caruso Steam Set and have some extra large rollers (I made them myself - long story) for which I now need the best possible biggest clips to hold them in place. I used lots of little metal clippies this morning but they didn't hold very well and they get caught in my hair. The covers for the original Caruso jumbo rollers don't fit very well now since I "altered" my rollers. Any suggestions please? Actually my hair turned out very well but it was a pain to keep the rollers from falling out.

Chiaroscuro
September 27th, 2014, 07:30 PM
I'm having the same problem. I finally found rollers large enough for my hair (3"-3 1/4") bu they are really hard to pin on. I read nets might help. I'm going to try a large blunt needle with thick thread to quickly sew down either the nets or the rollers themselves...:)

Madora
September 27th, 2014, 09:59 PM
Have you tried giant metal roller pins? (they look like bobby pins on steroids but are much longer.)
Link: (scroll down a bit) http://www.ivory-s.com/products/bobby_pins_roller_pins_clamps_clips.htm

I used to buy these at Walgreen's years and years ago. You'd probably be able to find them at Sally's Beauty supply.