PDA

View Full Version : Moved to a new part of the world and new adventure...but need help with dust in hair!

ohdokey
August 1st, 2014, 06:23 AM
So we moved around the world for a new adventure, but now my hair is dusty at the end of most days. Aside from wearing a scarf, what can I do? I was stretching washes as I grow out my length. So will co wash only get it clean? I want to avoid having to up my shampoos again.

ohdokey
August 1st, 2014, 06:24 AM
PS growing from a pixie and now at chin length.

neko_kawaii
August 1st, 2014, 06:41 AM
CO washing should get it clean just fine. Heck, water should rinse dust out provided there aren't any products like oil holding it to your hair.

I washed my hair everyday when I spent my days rolling in the dirt but I knew of a woman with extremely long hair who did not (we all saved our complimentary motel room shower caps for her). Perhaps she had it all tucked up and covered by a scarf?

Anje
August 1st, 2014, 10:52 AM
You might even be able to get by with just using a boar bristle brush to get it out. I don't use a BBB all that much, but it's the perfect tool for getting lint out of my hair. It'd probably work on dusty hair, too. Otherwise, COing or simply rinsing your hair should do just fine.

meteor
August 1st, 2014, 11:04 AM
You might even be able to get by with just using a boar bristle brush to get it out. I don't use a BBB all that much, but it's the perfect tool for getting lint out of my hair. It'd probably work on dusty hair, too. Otherwise, COing or simply rinsing your hair should do just fine.

I agree!
Also, avoid (or dramatically limit) all oiling. Oils are simply phenomenal at attracting dust and lint. Leave-ins do that, too.
Make sure you don't sleep on lint-inducing sheets - silk is preferable of course. Wear a silk satin sleep cap or scarf at night.
The more you keep hair in updos and cover it with scarves/hats, the more you protect it from lint and dust.