PDA

View Full Version : What brushes are recommended for fine hair?

amino
July 30th, 2014, 04:39 PM
I have APL fine, thin hair, and after searching through the forums, I couldn't find any threads related to brushes? Which ones are recommended? I remember hearing about the Tangle Teezer, and Boar Bristle Brushes, but the one BBB we have in our house makes me feel like I need to wash my hair the very next day. (I currently wash it two-three times a week (sometimes even just once, if I wear it up) with baby shampoo.)

Madora
July 30th, 2014, 05:20 PM
I recommend a pure 100% boar bristle brush. HOWEVER, not all bbbs are created equal. Some have longer and thicker bristles that are packed more closely together (making it hard to really get through your hair). Others have bristles that are thinner and shorter..with bristle clumps spaced further apart from each other (making for an easier brushing session).

Some bbbs have very stiff bristles while others have hardly any stiffness.

BBBs come in all price ranges and shapes but they need not cost you an arm and a leg! I've been using Goody pure bbbs for decades (alas, they don't make the model any longer). A good brush should last at least 10 years and is worth its weight in gold for what proper daily brushing can do for your hair.

As with all things, there's a certain way you brush with a bbb but it isn't hard to learn. Also, the bbb is the nearest thing in nature that mimics human hair. Daily use of a bbb will leave your hair soft, shiny and looking healthy. Brushing helps remove dead hair cells and lint/dirt. Most importantly, daily brushing in the upside down position helps stimulate your hair follicles to encourage growth.

shutterpillar
July 30th, 2014, 06:11 PM
I've never had any problems with my Tangle Teezer, and I've been using it for over a year now. I love it! :)

LauraLongLocks
July 30th, 2014, 07:30 PM
I have fine hair and use the BBB and a Tangle Teezer sometimes.

http://youtu.be/VFJMw8WAe7U

amino
July 30th, 2014, 07:48 PM
Madora, thank you very much! Is there any benefit to the clumped-together brushes? Or should I tend to avoid those?

Thank you everyone else. :D

jacqueline101
July 30th, 2014, 07:54 PM
I like the Michel Mercier brush it does a great job detangling and finishing brushing my hair.

Madora
July 30th, 2014, 08:23 PM
Madora, thank you very much! Is there any benefit to the clumped-together brushes? Or should I tend to avoid those?

Thank you everyone else. :D

Amino, I found out to my everlasting regret that bbbs with bristles packed closely together are a chore to get through hair properly. I bought a recommended Kent of London bbb and it was horrible. $80 bills gone with the wind.

Speaking from experience, I'd definitely go bbb hunting in person and not rely on what online retailers say. In person is a good way to feel the bristles (on your skin, not in your hair). Also, some bbbs are not hair friendly..not ergonomically pleasant to hold for any length of time (been there, done that too).

Personally, my bbb is long and narrow, has about 5 to 6 rows across, and feels good in my hand when I'm brushing. The bristle clumps are not close together and the bristles themselves are mildly stiff and flexible.

Naturally, the way you use the brush - and the daily brushing - makes a big difference. And, as I'm sure you know, a brush is never a detangling tool. Always detangle with a wide tooth comb before you begin to brush.

If you have any other queries about bbbs, please pm me. I'll be more than happy to help if I can. PS. I've been using a pure bbb for 40 years plus. They do so much for your hair...I never had to resort to any lotions or oils or salves or anything else because my daily brushing did it all.

I brush 100 strokes a day, but there's no rule that says what number you need to do. Just be consistent and brush the same number of strokes every day.

If you haven't brushed much before, then go slowly and begin with 10 strokes. Then gradually increase the number of strokes per day, until you reach your goal level. By starting slowly with the brushing, you accustom your sensitive hair follicles to the new regimen.

By the way, if you prefer to brush standing upright, that's perfectly fine too (but brushing in the head down position helps exercise your follicles to encourage growth).

Lastly, brushing is best done in the morning, when you get up. My brushing info comes directly from Dr. George Michael, the famed long hair maestro. He knew everything there was to know about growing long, healthy, gorgeous hair.

amino
July 31st, 2014, 10:05 PM
I've been researching and looking... as soon as I can get someone to drive me to a store, I'll start seeing what I can find in terms of BBBs.

LauraLongLocks, finally got a chance to sit down and look at that video. Thanks for the great tips! I'm looking at the bone combs now. :D

LauraLongLocks
August 1st, 2014, 06:57 PM
I've been researching and looking... as soon as I can get someone to drive me to a store, I'll start seeing what I can find in terms of BBBs.

LauraLongLocks, finally got a chance to sit down and look at that video. Thanks for the great tips! I'm looking at the bone combs now. :D

Glad it helped. :)

lapushka
August 2nd, 2014, 04:34 AM

I have a few hairsense bone combs as well, they are great, and still affordable!

DweamGoiL
August 2nd, 2014, 12:32 PM
I've been using an MP X-tra Large for years, but before that, I found the brushes sold at Ricky's to be great. I recently purchased one for my youngest daughter since the bristles on the MP are a lot more stiff and she does not enjoy that. The bristles on the Ricky's are much more flexible:

http://www.rickysnyc.com/hair-products/hair-brushes/bamboo-brushes/bamboo-boar-bristle-paddle.html

I don't brush every single day any more, but I do brush the day before wash day to spread all the sebum along my hair. I also use the brush to smoothen my hair when I style it.

amino
August 3rd, 2014, 02:14 AM
So we have a round wooden BBB that is ages old, I cleaned it as best I could, but at this point the cleaning would mean sitting down with the brush and a pair of tweezers (my fingers are too big) and getting all the small fuzzies stuck in the middle of the bristle clumps. My hair is dealing just fine without too much obsession over that, though, and if my mom lets me take it I shall. I really like how it's making my hair feel.

HairSense looked a bit too expensive for me (what with shipping), so I managed to find a similar comb (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003B6MH2O/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) on Amazon and lump it in with my college textbooks for the free shipping. I can't waaaaaiiiiit.

Komao
August 3rd, 2014, 07:26 AM
Madora, I use to use a BBB and I loved the way it felt and left my hair shiny. I then read how some people thought brushing was not good for your hair. So I experimented not brushing. I miss how it made my scalp feel. So got out the brush.
I have one small travel size, 100% BBB. It feels good but a little hard to get through hair. So my husband inherited it.
Then I bought a cheap one at Walmart. ION Tourmaline Ionic Ceramic Round Boar Bristle Brush. Do you know if the ION Tourmaline part is good for your hair? It feels real good but not sure about that. It's a full size brush. If not I need to get a new brush. My hair is long and thick. I think you recommended a brush and I will need to look back at posts for which one would be good for me. Thanks for your help or anyone knowledgeable on BBB. :o

Madora
August 3rd, 2014, 07:51 AM
Madora, I use to use a BBB and I loved the way it felt and left my hair shiny. I then read how some people thought brushing was not good for your hair. So I experimented not brushing. I miss how it made my scalp feel. So got out the brush.
I have one small travel size, 100% BBB. It feels good but a little hard to get through hair. So my husband inherited it.
Then I bought a cheap one at Walmart. ION Tourmaline Ionic Ceramic Round Boar Bristle Brush. Do you know if the ION Tourmaline part is good for your hair? It feels real good but not sure about that. It's a full size brush. If not I need to get a new brush. My hair is long and thick. I think you recommended a brush and I will need to look back at posts for which one would be good for me. Thanks for your help or anyone knowledgeable on BBB. :o

Komao, I am not familiar with the ION Tourmaline Ionic Ceramic Round Boar Bristle Brush. However, round bbbs are not meant for long hair. Here's what Dr. George Michael says about them in "George Michael's Secrets for Beautiful Hair" (Doubleday 1981):

Remember, too, that most manufacturers make hair brushes that are round or semi-round because these work best on short hair. Unfortunately, because you brush your hair with a flip of the wrist, when you use a round brush this tangles long hair. So, if your hair is anything over 10 inches long, use a brush with a flat or elongated base and hold it with your thumb at the base to avoid a flipping motion, even though this flip of the wrist is okay for shorter hair.

With regard to your problem of getting the brush through your hair: the way the brush is made has everything to do with how well it gets through your hair. Brushes with closely spaced clumps of bristles will be harder to use...there's not enough space for the brush to move through the strands properly (been there with a very expensive Kent of London bbb. It cost a small fortune and was highly recommended. Alas, it just didn't work for me).

A bbb with bbb clumps spaced a little further apart makes brushing a lot easier! Also, the number of rows can make a difference too. My Goody brush has about 5 rows across, with a long rectangular base (no rubber pad). I love it to death and wish I had bought more of them (way back in the 70's). Alas, Goody doesn't seem to make that style any longer.

Brushing is good for your hair (curlies do better with combing only). Naturally, your hair benefits from daily brushing...provided you do it correctly! I'm sure you know to always detangle with a wide tooth comb before brushing. Detangling with a brush leads to damage and ruined hair. You can brush standing erect, but you derive more benefit from your brushing session if you do it in the head down position (easy to reach nape hair) and brushing "upside down" stimulates the hair follicles.

Brushing has been perceived as damaging but it all comes down to the brush you use and HOW you brush. It doesn't take much skill to do it properly but many people just don't seem to want to spend time to do so. Really, it takes me all of 4 minutes to brush my knee length hair 100 strokes. I consider it time well spent! My hair has certainly reaped the benefits of daily brushing. I don't need serums or oils, or deep conditioning treatments to have healthy, shiny, beautiful hair. Just my bbb and lots of TLC!

Komao
August 3rd, 2014, 07:54 AM
[QUOTE=LauraLongLocks;2781645]I have fine hair and use the BBB and a Tangle Teezer sometimes.

Thanks for a great video, LLL. I just posted a question to Madora about a certain brush I bought at Walmart. Could you look at that as I wonder if those are the tips you're talking about that break hair. I thought I could paste it here but lost it.
I had a picture taken a little more than a year ago, outside in bright sun and my hair looked broken in areas and then I thought perhaps it was brush I was using. Thanks
I do have a TT and use it the same way you do. I fingercomb and then use a wide tooth comb.
If those ion tips are damaging, I need to get a new BBB. :)

Komao
August 3rd, 2014, 08:01 AM
Thank you so much, Madora for your very thorough reply. This will really help me. When I was trying to check out the kind of ion whatever's in brush at Walmart, on line that I had purchased, I saw BBB made by Goody, but didn't look at it well as I was trying to find out about the brush I have. I will have to check that out more and hopefully it's like the one you describe. Thanks so much. ;)

Madora
August 3rd, 2014, 08:19 AM
Thank you so much, Madora for your very thorough reply. This will really help me. When I was trying to check out the kind of ion whatever's in brush at Walmart, on line that I had purchased, I saw BBB made by Goody, but didn't look at it well as I was trying to find out about the brush I have. I will have to check that out more and hopefully it's like the one you describe. Thanks so much. ;)

Glad I could help, Komao! I think the ION thing is just another one of those "trendy" gimmicks that attract naïve would be customers. The purpose of a brush is to cleanse your hair by removing lint, dirt, dead cells, and stimulate your follicles.

I'll have to check out the Goody website to see if by any miracle they make a bbb that resembles my trusted bbb. I checked several years ago but didn't see anything that I'd use.

Good luck with your brush!

amino
August 3rd, 2014, 08:23 AM
Interesting that round brushes aren't good for long hair. I shall surely go on the hunt now. :) I've never actually flicked the brush through my hair though. I'm not even certain how I'd do that. Thanks for asking such a good question, Komao, and thank you Madora for answering!

Madora
August 3rd, 2014, 09:02 AM
You're welcome, amino. Yes, if your hair is shorter than 10 inches, brushing with a round/half-round brush is no big deal.

But once it gets a certain length, the hair gets all tangled up in those round brushes.

Komao
August 3rd, 2014, 09:25 AM
Madora, what do you think about the GM BBB? I couldn't see the price of it or details. Still looking and saw the one that LLL showed on her video at Sally's. Just want to make a one time purchase of good brush and take care of it and have it be real good for my hair. I don't see the Goody brush that you described. I wonder why they stopped making your brush. Sounds wonderful. The MP is a little to expensive unless it's really magnificent.
If you see a wonderful brush in your travels, will you keep me posted. :)

Komao
August 3rd, 2014, 09:43 AM
Interesting that round brushes aren't good for long hair. I shall surely go on the hunt now. :) I've never actually flicked the brush through my hair though. I'm not even certain how I'd do that. Thanks for asking such a good question, Komao, and thank you Madora for answering!

Thanks for starting thread, amino. As you can see I have a lot of questions and love asking at LHC as I know I'll get the answers I need. :)

amino
August 3rd, 2014, 11:14 AM
Madora, my hair is 21". Never gotten tangled, but as I'm going out tomorrow with my mother for college shopping, I'll drag her around to the hair care section also. Though, come to think of it, I can use my walk today to go to WalMart and see if there's anything there.

Komao, exactly! Eveyrone is so helpful. Side note: Your signature is amazing. Where's the quote from?

Komao
August 3rd, 2014, 12:16 PM
The quote is from a poem by Frederick Locker. I liked it and glad you do, too. :)

Madora
August 3rd, 2014, 03:24 PM
Madora, what do you think about the GM BBB? I couldn't see the price of it or details. Still looking and saw the one that LLL showed on her video at Sally's. Just want to make a one time purchase of good brush and take care of it and have it be real good for my hair. I don't see the Goody brush that you described. I wonder why they stopped making your brush. Sounds wonderful. The MP is a little to expensive unless it's really magnificent.
If you see a wonderful brush in your travels, will you keep me posted. :)

Funny you should ask about the GM BBB, Komao! I just christened my new one this weekend...very gingerly..because the bristles are very stiff and a bit prickly (quite natural) and it definitely gets down to the scalp. You can really feel it penetrating. Here's a link to it at the Enchantress salon in Ohio: http://www.enchantress.com/ProductsGM.html Pricey but time will tell how well it works. JJJLonghair, of the fabulous tresses, uses it.

I'm still using my trusty Goody brush, the last of the 3 that I bought in the 70s. It cost all of $8.00 back then! I don't think they make that particular type any longer, alas. The last time I looked at the Goody site I just gave up...the navigation was horrible and I didn't see anything I'd waste time on.

Which isn't to say that you can't find a perfectly decent natural (pure) bbb at Walmart, Target or Walgreens. It all depends on how much space is between bristle clumps, the stiffness and flexibility of the bristles, the contour of the brush (rectangular or elongated are good)..and how it feels in your hand when you hold it. Some brushes are not ergonomically friendly! Look around and test how it feels on the inside of your wrist or the back of your hand. Fan the bristles and see how you like the stiffness/flexibility. You want a little bit of stiffness, because in time the brush will lose some of that stiffness. Good luck!

Komao
August 3rd, 2014, 04:10 PM
Funny you should ask about the GM BBB, Komao! I just christened my new one this weekend...very gingerly..because the bristles are very stiff and a bit prickly (quite natural) and it definitely gets down to the scalp. You can really feel it penetrating. Here's a link to it at the Enchantress salon in Ohio: http://www.enchantress.com/ProductsGM.html Pricey but time will tell how well it works. JJJLonghair, of the fabulous tresses, uses it.

I'm still using my trusty Goody brush, the last of the 3 that I bought in the 70s. It cost all of $8.00 back then! I don't think they make that particular type any longer, alas. The last time I looked at the Goody site I just gave up...the navigation was horrible and I didn't see anything I'd waste time on.

Which isn't to say that you can't find a perfectly decent natural (pure) bbb at Walmart, Target or Walgreens. It all depends on how much space is between bristle clumps, the stiffness and flexibility of the bristles, the contour of the brush (rectangular or elongated are good)..and how it feels in your hand when you hold it. Some brushes are not ergonomically friendly! Look around and test how it feels on the inside of your wrist or the back of your hand. Fan the bristles and see how you like the stiffness/flexibility. You want a little bit of stiffness, because in time the brush will lose some of that stiffness. Good luck!

Thanks Madora, I like that it's called the Madora! I think that's a good sign. Thanks so much for link as when I was searching I saw that JJJ loves that brush but couldn't find where to purchase it.
I hope you like it I'm on my way to check out link. :) Your the best!

Madora
August 3rd, 2014, 04:13 PM
Glad I could help! Any time I can interest anyone in GM products, I'm happy!:D

Komao
August 3rd, 2014, 04:13 PM
One last post on this for today, Madora, will you just verify this is the brush that is 100% boar bristle.

Natural Bristle Brush

This all-wood brush with 100% natural bristles won't tear or damage long hair. Excellent for stimulating the scalp and distributing scalp oils to long hair ends.

$40.00

Madora
August 3rd, 2014, 07:07 PM
One last post on this for today, Madora, will you just verify this is the brush that is 100% boar bristle.

Natural Bristle Brush

This all-wood brush with 100% natural bristles won't tear or damage long hair. Excellent for stimulating the scalp and distributing scalp oils to long hair ends.

$40.00

Yes, Komao, the Madora brush is pure boar bristle (no plastic). Is very narrow and has 4 rows of bristles. I'm getting used to the handle as my old Goody brush has a wider base (more rows of bristles), not to mention a wider handle. It is very lightweight and measures about 8-1/4 inches long by almost an inch at its widest point. The "neck" of the handle (where you place your thumb when brushing your hair, is very narrow. My thumb just fits there.

Sarahlabyrinth
August 3rd, 2014, 09:19 PM
Yes, Komao, the Madora brush is pure boar bristle (no plastic). Is very narrow and has 4 rows of bristles. I'm getting used to the handle as my old Goody brush has a wider base (more rows of bristles), not to mention a wider handle. It is very lightweight and measures about 8-1/4 inches long by almost an inch at its widest point. The "neck" of the handle (where you place your thumb when brushing your hair, is very narrow. My thumb just fits there.

Let me know if you like the brush, Madora.

Madora
August 3rd, 2014, 09:50 PM
Let me know if you like the brush, Madora.

It will take a bit of getting used to, Sarahlabyrinth, because the bristles are stiff (compared to my trusty old Goody brush) and so when brushing I have to be careful and go very slowly because the bristle stiffness feels very "prickly" and sharp to me. I was a bit taken aback how sharp they were but with use I think the stiffness will ease up a bit. But make no mistake, this Madora brush really penetrates to the scalp. Also, the handle is a lot narrower than I'm used to. I'm hoping this narrowness doesn't become an issue down the road, as I'm experiencing ongoing finger issues because of my schleroderma.

Sarahlabyrinth
August 3rd, 2014, 10:47 PM
It sounds like a good brush Madora. I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your fingers. I'm sure you will get used to the brush. I am thinking of getting one, you see, and gosh I have just realised that you and I have the same hair type! Fancy you being my hair buddy! :) It gives me confidence to believe that I Can reach Classic length with patience!

Panth
August 4th, 2014, 01:21 AM
Couple of things no one has said:

1) Brushes generally shouldn't be used for detangling. This is particularly true of boar bristle brushes. (In fact, IMO, the best brush for fine hair is ... no brush. I use a wooden wide-toothed comb and have much, much less breakage than when I used brushes.)

2) I notice you say you're using baby shampoo. Do be aware that baby shampoo is NOT gentle. It is pH balanced to be optimal for eyes rather than scalp skin, which makes it 'no tears'. It also means that it is less good for scalp health. It says nothing about how gentle or not its cleansing action is and, unfortunately, quite often baby shampoos are SLS-laden and quite harsh. You may want to reconsider your shampoo choice if you have delicate hair, damaged hair and/or want to grow super-super long.

Komao
August 4th, 2014, 09:25 AM
Hi Panth, I'm sorry. I saw this thread and wanted to learn of a good brush but I don't really have fine hair, I have thick hair. So that might have confused some things. You might have missed this part of her answer and LauraLongLocks tells you never to detangle with BBB in video she provided. I'm not knowledgeable regarding very fine hair. :o

Naturally, the way you use the brush - and the daily brushing - makes a big difference. And, as I'm sure you know, a brush is never a detangling tool. Always detangle with a wide tooth comb before you begin to brush.

Brushing is good for your hair (curlies do better with combing only). Naturally, your hair benefits from daily brushing...provided you do it correctly! I'm sure you know to always detangle with a wide tooth comb before brushing. Detangling with a brush leads to damage and ruined hair. You can brush standing erect, but you derive more benefit from your brushing session if you do it in the head down position (easy to reach nape hair) and brushing "upside down" stimulates the hair follicles.

Brushing has been perceived as damaging but it all comes down to the brush you use and HOW you brush. It doesn't take much skill to do it properly but many people just don't seem to want to spend time to do so. Really, it takes me all of 4 minutes to brush my knee length hair 100 strokes. I consider it time well spent! My hair has certainly reaped the benefits of daily brushing. I don't need serums or oils, or deep conditioning treatments to have healthy, shiny, beautiful hair. Just my bbb and lots of TLC!

amino
August 4th, 2014, 09:37 AM
Thank you, Panth! I sent you a PM further regarding the baby shampoo, since I don't want this thread to get off-track and I feel silly about posting yet another thread. :)

rags
August 4th, 2014, 09:41 AM
I have baby-fine hair (seriously finer than most of my neices and nephews when they were babies. But DD's was fine like mine, though hers is thicker than mine now). I've used a BBB since the 70s too, and though I may only be at waist with thin hair now, before I got so ill I was at TB with ii hair, and the brush never damaged it a bit. I think, like Madora says - its all in the brush. My Kent brush also ripped hairs like crazy. My MP is wonderful, however! And I also use a TT.

Combs actually break more hair for me than brushes. I finger detangle, then wide tooth horn comb, then BBB.

Madora
August 4th, 2014, 10:58 AM
It sounds like a good brush Madora. I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your fingers. I'm sure you will get used to the brush. I am thinking of getting one, you see, and gosh I have just realised that you and I have the same hair type! Fancy you being my hair buddy! :) It gives me confidence to believe that I Can reach Classic length with patience!

Ah, well, the finger issues can't be helped. So I'll have to get clever with my ideas.

Oh, yes, Sarahlabyrinth, your hair would look SENSATIONAL at Classic! Just a combination of good hair genes (you got 'em!) plus lots of TLC..and plenty of patience!! Looks like a sure thing to me! Happy growing!

Sarahlabyrinth
August 4th, 2014, 02:31 PM
Thank you so much Madora! I was feeling so bored with my hair yesterday - tired of long hair, sick of buns, generally -blah- and your lovely comment has cheered me up and put me back on track again :)

Madora
August 4th, 2014, 04:31 PM
Thank you so much Madora! I was feeling so bored with my hair yesterday - tired of long hair, sick of buns, generally -blah- and your lovely comment has cheered me up and put me back on track again :)

I think many long hairs experience the blah hair syndrome! Nil desperendum, fellow long hair! Try different styles..visit Torrin Paige for inspiration! I sure wouldn't quit on my journey to classic if I had hair the color and beauty of yours! May victory be yours!

LongCurlyTress
August 4th, 2014, 04:53 PM

No way! Your hair is gorgeous! Don't give up on your long hair! Trust me.... I have recently been in layers and bangs, and shorter lengths, and you will regret any changes to your hair. It is silky smooth and I am sure the envy of many, including me!!! Stay strong! Go buy a wig if you really want a change...lol :)

Sarahlabyrinth
August 4th, 2014, 09:33 PM
Wow, thank you Madora and LongCurlyTress!. Usually when I feel-blah- about my hair I figure it is time to put it up and forget about it for a couple of weeks when I decide that I do like it after all. I wouldn't chop it off - that way lies instant regret! And I have chopped it off too often in the past and always wished I hadn't.
Anyway I was out with my 90 year old mother today for lunch and she said that it was looking long and pretty and that I should wear it down sometimes.... She was the one who was always telling me that long hair doesn't suit me and that I should chop it short and get a poodle perm.

And another friend I haven't seen for about 18 months told me today that in his opinion it looked "Magnificent".

PS: My mother allowed me to take a hair photo of the back of her head, she did look somewhat bemused. I may put it here. Her hair is short now but, I think, really pretty!

Sarahlabyrinth
August 4th, 2014, 10:38 PM
My mother's hair, she turned 90 a couple of months ago. It is still quite thick and just gleams so beautifully in the light!

http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh582/Sarahlabyrinth/DSCF5379.jpg

Komao
August 5th, 2014, 06:56 AM
[QUOTE=Sarahlabyrinth;2786714]My mother's hair, she turned 90 a couple of months ago. It is still quite thick and just gleams so beautifully in the light!

Your mother's hair is beautiful! Tell her I love her hair. The cut is so attractive and it is thick and does gleam! Did she ever wear her hair long? :o
Oh, and you know how I love your hair. I think we all go through times when we can get sick of things. I do the same as you. Put it up and forget about it. Sometimes it's the perfect time to try new up do's.

Sarahlabyrinth
August 5th, 2014, 07:03 AM
She wore her hair short until her 40s when she grew it to APL and wore it up in a most elegant style involving much backcombing and hairspray, then cut it short again in her mid 60and had a poodle perm until around 2 years ago. Thank you on her behalf, Komau!

amino
August 5th, 2014, 10:52 AM
Sarahlabyrinth, wow, you have nice genes. Both your and your mother's hair look beautiful!

Madora
August 5th, 2014, 11:21 AM
Your mother's hair is so beautiful, Sarahlabyrinth! I can see where you got your lovely hair from!

Sarahlabyrinth
August 5th, 2014, 02:50 PM
Thank you :)