PDA

View Full Version : Living Proof products

bunnylake
July 29th, 2014, 09:38 PM
Has anyone tried Living Proof?
These products are way pricey but I can't help but be curious! They are all sulfate and silicone free and contain this mystical magical unicorn molecule (!!!) that creates a thin weightless shield around the hair strands that protect and repel dirt and oil. It sounds like it might be helpful for stretching washes.
The science behind it is pretty convincing.
http://www.livingproof.com/about/science

I can't resist so I'm going to try some travel sizes soon and I'll let you know what I think. Has anyone else tried it? Is it worth the price?

Sparklylady82
July 29th, 2014, 10:55 PM
magical unicorn molecule!!! :cheer: haha! let me know how it works out! I have my beauty liscense so I could probably get a discount on them for myself :-)

synchrostatic
July 31st, 2014, 03:44 AM
Sounds interesting! Can't wait to hear you report back.

bruteforcegrl
January 3rd, 2015, 09:45 AM
I just succumbed to trying Living Proof. bunnylake, how did your experiment turn out?

I got the travel size package. I am trying "Full" which seems to make my hair look pretty nice. There are four products: shampoo, conditioner, a root lifting spray and a foam styling product. They expect you to heat style to activate so I blow-fried for about 5 minutes.

My hair is currently about 1 1/2 inches shy of tailbone length. At one point in the past I tried Morrocco Method "mud" shampoos and really liked the way they left my hair looking full. My main reason for not continuing with them is I like the foaminess of regular shampoo and it seemed like I had to use a lot of product in the mud line given my length.

Wondering if LP will make my hair dry?

bunnylake
January 4th, 2015, 11:47 AM
I bought the Full line and used it twice. I liked it, but not enough to justify the price. The scent was boring, which is an issue for me. I like my hair products to smell good, lol. Living Proof seems to be best suited for people who style their hair as opposed to just wash-and-go. I returned everything. Oh well!

meteor
January 4th, 2015, 12:41 PM
Hi, guys! I'm really intrigued by the fact that they actually, honestly use new technology.
Of course, just because the technology is new, obviously doesn't mean that it's functionally any better than the old, tried and tested silicones, etc.

I have a question to those who tried the products:
Did you actually notice that your hair doesn't get dirty as fast? Is their claim about OFPMA repelling environmental dust true??
I must admit, the video where they showed 2 strands of hair covered in dust, one getting dust stuck all over it and the other (with OFPMA) getting clean after a gentle shake, piqued my interest.