PDA

View Full Version : My hair is taking forever :(

cdonald2
July 28th, 2014, 11:22 AM
I have been maintaining the back of my hair since it has a tendency to ducktail as it grows, but i feel like I am taking forever. My pic is relatively old, the front is almost perfectly inline with the back.

Ugh, im not sure what i am asking, i am just so frustrated :X i want to be at collar bone already!!! DX

höpönasu
July 28th, 2014, 11:27 AM
So is your hair growing like in V-shape? Nothing you can do but cut it so the rest of your hair can catch up. Let your hair grow how it naturally grows. :o

spidermom
July 28th, 2014, 11:30 AM
Yup, hoponasu is right. You can let it grow as it naturally grows, or you can trim to keep the shape you want. Perhaps you should trim a bit less often so that you see more growth between trims?

I used to trim fairly often because the right side of my hair seems to grow faster than the left, but I discovered that when I left it alone, the left side didn't lag that far behind. It looked fairly even from one side to the other after a year of no trims. (unfortunately the ends were in pretty bad condition after a year of no trimming, but that's a post for a different thread)

jacqueline101
July 28th, 2014, 11:45 AM
I agree let your hair grow out and it might surprise you that it grows out nicely. You might like the v hemline after it grows out.

queenovnight
July 28th, 2014, 12:30 PM
I agree with everyone else. Just embrace your natural hemline, and let it grow.

lapushka
July 28th, 2014, 03:11 PM
If you're going to be falling over details like that, especially in awkward stages, you're going to be trimming forever. There's always something that you're going to be trimming over. Don't focus on your hair as much and just let it grow freely.

MINAKO
July 28th, 2014, 03:27 PM
I was obsessed with straight hemlines between BSL and hip, if i hadn't cut all the hair i did, i would be probaly a good 10inches longer by now. I actually came to really like a tapered V shape. Makes even thick hair look somewhat light and flowy. Just leave it :)

queenovnight
July 28th, 2014, 07:18 PM
"if i hadn't cut all the hair i did, i would be probaly a good 10inches longer by now."

Think of it like that! ^ I also tried to keep a blunt hemline and gah, I don't even wanna imagine how long my hair would be if I had just let it grow it's natural way.

MINAKO
July 28th, 2014, 07:22 PM
queenovnight :hifive:
Isn't that beautiful >>> http://love.sun0769.com/kd/201211/w020121105345212379022.jpg :heartbeat

sarahthegemini
July 28th, 2014, 07:24 PM
Tell me about it, I can't wait to reach my goal!

MeowScat
July 28th, 2014, 07:40 PM
My ends looked horrible for 2-3 YEARS but I left them alone. I'm very glad I did...I gained so much length. You're going to go through phases where you don't like your ends. If you keep cutting them, you're going to be disappointed in your length progress.

If gaining length is your goal, put the scissors down for a while. It's worth it. :)

AmyBeth
July 28th, 2014, 08:04 PM
Some of us just want length, regardless of the hemline. Some don't want to wait until it grows out to work on the hemline. Some of us microtrim ver gradually, so that they gain length at the same time that they alter the hemline. Either way, it's going to require patience. We'll hang in there with you while you're dealing with your growing pains, and we'll celebrate with you when you meet your goals.

Belle Paix
July 29th, 2014, 11:30 AM
This is going to kill me. I'm one of those that gets impatient and trims it. I'm going to live in scarfs, I just know it....

cdonald2
August 2nd, 2014, 06:36 AM
It will be much easier to leave it alone once the front of my hair is at collar bone :/ its at about chin now (my siggy is old)

Dickiebow
August 2nd, 2014, 07:04 AM
I'm growing out colour/damage and plan to just leave my hair for 1 year. I've not trimmed or dyed for 6 months and plan to keep doing this until Spring next year when I will trim back. I just need patience.

Nadine <3
August 2nd, 2014, 09:01 AM
Hair takes time to grow. Put the scissors down and it will do just that.

spidermom
August 2nd, 2014, 11:16 AM
I'm having one of those weird days when there's nothing wrong with the condition or shape of my ends, but I've got the itch to trim it. I'm going to ignore that itch! I am! I am!

memeow
August 2nd, 2014, 06:39 PM
There are a lot of people here saying that trimming less makes your hair grow more, but this isn't true for everyone. For me, my hair definitely grew faster when I was getting it trimmed regularly. I understand it wasn't growing faster from the roots (they have no idea what's happening to the ends), but I think trimming off the most worn bits of hair prevented them from breaking off and allowed them to grow more than they would have otherwise. So I think you do have to figure out what's right for you.

rawhair21
August 2nd, 2014, 06:55 PM
I think society tells us a blunt hemline is attractive. I used to think fairy tell ends meant you didn't take care of yourself. My opinion has definitely changed. I think fairy tale ends are flowing and romantic looking.

moontree
August 2nd, 2014, 07:42 PM
Sooo much this! I know my hair is growing, I *know* it is, but it feels like it's taking forever. I'm not cutting the awkward shape even if it is still a bit mullet-y, because I like the way natural hemlines look when hair is longer... it just needs to get there already!!!

rawhair21
August 2nd, 2014, 07:52 PM
My hair seems to be taking forever also but when I reach my goal I will cherish all the time commitment and patience it took me.