PDA

View Full Version : EternallyInAmber on Etsy

lilin
July 28th, 2014, 12:08 AM
Hey guys! I was looking for a wide tooth comb that I don't have to be as careful with as wood or horn (harder to break, no big loss if I DO break it, won't be harmed by water, etc), yet also reducing or eliminating static conduction.

And I found these!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/EternallyInAmber?ref=l2-shop-info-name

From what I could find, static conduction should be minimual with cellulose, and it's plastic-ish, but also biodegradable and seamless. Seems like pretty much what I'm looking for.

Has anyone bought one? The seller seems fairly new, but has been very responsive so far and has a couple good reviews.

I ordered one and now await the mail man! I will let everyone know what it's like when I get it. :)

Majorane
July 28th, 2014, 02:30 AM
And just when I was in the market for a nice new comb! How convenient. I shall do me some ordering! :) Thank yooouuuuu.........

They look very very nice. And not expensive at all!

Majorane
July 28th, 2014, 02:37 AM
I need that smiley with the molten eyes. Shipping is as expensive as the comb itself. grmbl :headache:

still gonna order though

lilin
July 28th, 2014, 03:53 AM
Yeah, shipping is a bit high. But with the sale, it's still a cheap, pretty comb that hopefully won't cause static, and I will be less afraid to take traveling (my pretty wood one needs protecting!).

Let the mail man stalking begin!

Majorane
July 28th, 2014, 04:27 AM
You only bought one? Oh. How modest!

I bought 4 or 5, so I have spares and christmas gifts. I have a greedy day today.

lilin
July 28th, 2014, 04:57 AM
Ha ha, I'm trying to reign in the hair toy acquisition virus I've caught since joining LHC. I got that and a Ketylo off the swap board on the way, and I'm done for a while! For real!

Majorane
July 28th, 2014, 05:07 AM
I admire your strength of will, o gorgeouscomb enabler! Which one did you get? I got the pinky shell one and a colorfull confetti one, both wide toothed, and the pretty icy blue one in fine and wide teeth. I am trying to get some of my friends over to the hairy side, because they are killing their curls and it drives me crazy.

lilin
July 28th, 2014, 05:48 AM
I admire your strength of will, o gorgeouscomb enabler! Which one did you get? I got the pinky shell one and a colorfull confetti one, both wide toothed, and the pretty icy blue one in fine and wide teeth. I am trying to get some of my friends over to the hairy side, because they are killing their curls and it drives me crazy.

The icy blue wide tooth comb. :D It's just such a nice color. I saw it and it was over.

This one appears to be wider than my current one, and I'm also trying to preserve the curl. Lightening up my wash routine has shown me that I apparently have more of them than I thought, so we'll see if the wider teeth is kinder to them and makes it less floofy.

Majorane
July 28th, 2014, 06:14 AM
We have good taste, then! I hope they're as nice as they look. Can't wait until they're here. I hope your curls get better with them! (... I left my horn comb in a puddle of water and now it has died. I hope this is a good replacement, for I am sad. Wider teeth helped enourmously against frizz, even with my 1c hair, though. )

PrincessBob
July 28th, 2014, 05:10 PM
The shop owner sent me a pm containing a coupon code that's a fantastic deal (50% 0ff an order of $10 or more), she will probably send it to you if you favorite something in the shop.

ooglipoo
July 28th, 2014, 06:01 PM
Thanks for that heads up, PBob! I favorite'd something earlier, but no coupon yet!

slynr
July 28th, 2014, 06:10 PM
Coupon is 50FOR10:)

kpzra
July 28th, 2014, 06:15 PM
Thanks for that heads up, PBob! I favorite'd something earlier, but no coupon yet!

It's listed in the shop description area, I noticed it last night. :)

tetisheri72
July 28th, 2014, 06:17 PM
Ha ha, I'm trying to reign in the hair toy acquisition virus I've caught since joining LHC. I got that and a Ketylo off the swap board on the way, and I'm done for a while! For real!

Bunch of enablers around here. That's what they are.

ooglipoo
July 28th, 2014, 06:19 PM
Oh, cool! Thanks! :D

lilin
July 28th, 2014, 08:32 PM
Yup, and apparently it goes through the rest of the year. :) Mine's shipped!

Bunch of enablers around here. That's what they are.

It's terrible! I had nothing but hair binders and brushes when I joined. Now I have two sticks, a fork, 3 Flexis, spin pins, FOE's, and combs. Where'd my money go!? I just came here to figure out my wash routine! :D

tetisheri72
July 28th, 2014, 08:47 PM
Yup, and apparently it goes through the rest of the year. :) Mine's shipped!

It's terrible! I had nothing but hair binders and brushes when I joined. Now I have two sticks, a fork, 3 Flexis, spin pins, FOE's, and combs. Where'd my money go!? I just came here to figure out my wash routine! :D

Yup, pretty much. I have a long list of hair toys I want because I have seen them here. And my husband doesn't help. I show him something, he tells me I should get it. If only it worked that way...

PrincessBob
July 28th, 2014, 11:28 PM
It's listed in the shop description area, I noticed it last night. :)
Thanks. I cannot find it. That isn't surprising, though, since my shop view is weird, my account was tagged for experimental site updates (or so I was told). I complained to Etsy, but they said the selection is totally random and thanks for the input.

Majorane
July 28th, 2014, 11:39 PM
I pmmed her to say thanks for the sale, and thanks for having cool combs, I was sent by thelonghsircommunity. She wanted to check it out here and say thank you for support. So, peeps, I take it you did some ordering last night? Good girls! :D

Monkshood
July 29th, 2014, 12:03 AM
How sturdy is celluloid? Because I really want one of these beauties, but I'm constantly dropping and sending my comb flying through the room. I guess I could take advantage of that amazing discount and order a few as backups...

lilin
July 29th, 2014, 12:11 AM
How sturdy is celluloid? Because I really want one of these beauties, but I'm constantly dropping and sending my comb flying through the room. I guess I could take advantage of that amazing discount and order a few as backups...

I would think it would be fairly strong. It's the same type of plastic used on some eyeglass frames. So it should have some flex, but I wouldn't worry about dropping it.

But I will see what the comb is like when I get it and update. :)

Monkshood
July 29th, 2014, 12:17 AM
I'll definitely keep an eye on this thread. I really need to replace my poor comb!

Majorane
July 29th, 2014, 02:41 AM
It's still being used in pingpongballs, and google says it's a pretty sturdy material. ..I dunno if this type is as huftaproof as pingpongballcelluloid, but, yeah.

GabrielleRose
July 30th, 2014, 01:36 PM
Her combs are absolutely gorgeous, so glad payday is tomorrow!

kpzra
July 30th, 2014, 03:22 PM
Thanks. I cannot find it. That isn't surprising, though, since my shop view is weird, my account was tagged for experimental site updates (or so I was told). I complained to Etsy, but they said the selection is totally random and thanks for the input.

Ugh, I got tagged for a few of those. The last one was when they didn't show sipping costs unless you went to the checkout page.

Larki
July 30th, 2014, 06:11 PM
These are absolutely gorgeous!! Just what I've been trying to find. I am wondering, though...I've never used a comb before, or even owned one. I use a brush, but am wondering if I should replace my brush with a comb. The problem is, should I do wide or fine-toothed? I've seen wide-toothed recommended the most on here, but I really think I would like to have a handle on my comb for easy handling, and the only combs here with handles are fine-toothed. Does anyone have opinions as far as which type would be better for fine, kinda thick straight hair?

lilin
July 30th, 2014, 06:45 PM
These are absolutely gorgeous!! Just what I've been trying to find. I am wondering, though...I've never used a comb before, or even owned one. I use a brush, but am wondering if I should replace my brush with a comb. The problem is, should I do wide or fine-toothed? I've seen wide-toothed recommended the most on here, but I really think I would like to have a handle on my comb for easy handling, and the only combs here with handles are fine-toothed. Does anyone have opinions as far as which type would be better for fine, kinda thick straight hair?

Well, going by what I read here about the reasoning for wide tooth combs, I think you'd be good with a fine comb. Straighter haired people seem to like them more. The issues with them tend to be with curlies, that they tend to create frizz and take out curl patterns.

And I'm sort of right in between the two. I have a finer tooth wood comb that I really like, but I'm wondering if it's a bit *too* fine toothed for me. Because it's wood, it really doesn't cause much frizz, but it does tend to reduce my waves a bit. If I was closer to 2a or 1c, I think I'd prefer fine tooth. But I got a wide tooth one to see if I like that better.

So I think with relative straight hair, you might like a finer tooth comb better? I mean, it's going to be more efficient at taking out tangles, of course, so if you have a straighter texture, I don't see any reason why a wider tooth one would be preferable.

I recently switched from brushes to combs, and I do like the comb better. It's worrisome at first, because you feel everything more, but this makes you detangle more gently, and overall, I pull out a lot less hair. I also have way less fly-aways and frizz and more waves, even with a comb I suspect is a bit too fine for me.

Majorane
July 30th, 2014, 11:17 PM
I have quite straight hair (should probably let you all hairtype me again because I don't know why I ever put up the 2a bit in my profile....) of the fine persuation, and I used brushes for ages. Personally I like a wide tooth comb better for daily use. I have dry ends and it takes me aaaages to comb with a fine toothed one. My ends sort of velcro together every time I'm done with a section, and the wider toothed ones let them be merrily hugging each other while the finer toothed one keeps breaking them up. ...also I'm a lazy comber and my hair looks tidy with little effort so it's faster with a wide toothert. Oh and also, it fluffs more with smaller teeth and kills braidwaves. It's great for styling though, so I use both for different things.

....not to enable, but with the 50% off an extra comb in your order is only 5 bucks, and having fine and wide tooth combs can be useful. Of course I dunno about your budget, so this might be rude to suggest it. But with two combs, you can have two different colors, and thus twice the fun!!!

lilin
July 31st, 2014, 10:18 AM
It has arrived!

They threw in an extra comb -- the fine tooth handled version of the icy blue wide-tooth I got. Lovely!!

They are so pretty. I tried to take a pic, but for some reason it has a mad haloing effect on my phone that washes out the colors.

They do feel fairly sturdy. The tines on the fine tooth comb definitely have some flex, but they feel supple enough.

The wide-tooth one was actually really effective for me. It got pretty much all my knots worth mentioning in a few strokes with less pulling than my finer tooth wood comb (I hold handle-less combs in the middle, so I don't think the small amount of flex would have made me unaware of tugging).

They do cause a touch of static. But, as reading indicated, much less than petroleum plastic seems to. I only started seeing a little when I did a second (unnecessary) pass with the fine-tooth comb.

They are seamless, but there are one or two tines that I feel could use a quick filing on the very tips.

Overall, really happy with them! Great value for money and a very nice seller. :D

KittyBird
July 31st, 2014, 03:33 PM
I'm easily enabled, so I got this one (https://www.etsy.com/transaction/217353480?sn_ref=item&sn_date=07-31&campaign_label=shipping_notification&utm_source=transactional&utm_campaign=shipping_notification_123169_58636166 11_0&utm_medium=email&utm_content=&email_sent=1406808791&euid=YkS0lKT-NzO2ttnh3QDoaDVTYHNa&eaid=2060242744&x_eaid=8696f1b3b0). I never comb in the shower, but I wanted a comb with a handle, and the tines appear to be as wide as the regular wide tooth comb. To be completely honest, I'm not entirely sure why I'm buying one of these. :lol: I only use Tangle Teezers because my wooden comb doesn't detangle well enough, and I always get a lot of breakage from it. Maybe a non-wooden comb will work better for my hair. Either way, it sure is pretty! :o

lilin
August 1st, 2014, 05:27 AM
I'm easily enabled, so I got this one (https://www.etsy.com/transaction/217353480?sn_ref=item&sn_date=07-31&campaign_label=shipping_notification&utm_source=transactional&utm_campaign=shipping_notification_123169_58636166 11_0&utm_medium=email&utm_content=&email_sent=1406808791&euid=YkS0lKT-NzO2ttnh3QDoaDVTYHNa&eaid=2060242744&x_eaid=8696f1b3b0). I never comb in the shower, but I wanted a comb with a handle, and the tines appear to be as wide as the regular wide tooth comb. To be completely honest, I'm not entirely sure why I'm buying one of these. :lol: I only use Tangle Teezers because my wooden comb doesn't detangle well enough, and I always get a lot of breakage from it. Maybe a non-wooden comb will work better for my hair. Either way, it sure is pretty! :o

I find it a lot smoother than my wooden comb. They are really pretty! :D

Jennwith4
August 2nd, 2014, 08:53 AM
Been looking for a seamless comb when I saw this thread. I ordered one today. Now for the waiting game. :whistle:

Majorane
August 2nd, 2014, 04:14 PM
Wow. That was some fast shipping! Ordered monday, here on saturday. That is fast. Great!
But what's way more awesome is
1) the lovely letter I got with my order
2) I got a free comb?! Why are people so nice to give freebies?! LOVE!!
3) Great combs!

Sturdy like plastic, flexi like plastic, snagfree like expensively sanded wood, antistaticky like horn. No ridges in the tines like ALL my horn combs had because of sawing out the tines. The points are sharp nut not overly so. Basically, the comfort of a plastic one without the sharp casting-edges and the static.

And, so, so beautiful. Like a Barbiedoll comb, but grown up. Man, this is the comb little girls dream about. The black confetti is just superfun, '90's sporty. Some of the bits are completely translucent, really cool detail! The light pink detangler has a scalloped edge and is bigger then the straight top detanglers, the tines are longer. Gorgeous. Like it was pooped out by a unicorn. The icy blue and pink one..... ooooh, that is.... oh my. I don't even like pink but these combs are ....like what I wanted when I was a babbygirl and dreamt of combing mermaid hair with a seashell comb.

As for functionallity:
The big one with the scalloped top is the biggest, with the deepest tines. The straight top one is slightly smaller and the tines are shorter , but spaced just as far apart. But the tines are more then long enough for my full medium thickness hair, so it's not like it is inferior to the scalloped top one.

The travel sizes with the handle have tines spaced more closely together. Great for styling. Also, perfect size! Small but not so small you cannot comb; tines again plenty deep enough and the comb bit is long enough. Not a wimpy small comb, but a usefull and classy travel bud!

Lovelovelove. I so appreciate a good comb and these are combs I shall love for a long time. I have already tossed my combs that were just-good-enough-but-not-really-great away immediately. I dunno much about good combs, but these are good AND SO PRETTY

Seriously peeps, I'm happy I have finally found good combs. Ok, maybe I wasn't looking for one very hard but I felt guilty every time I combed my hair with a crap one since my old meh-horn one died. No more! Happy.

Larki
August 2nd, 2014, 04:44 PM
I decided to bite the bullet and order both the wide and fine-toothed combs in Rose Shell. :D With shipping included and with the 50% off, it came to just $17! I'm so impressed already! I doubt I'll get a freebie since I ordered both of the same color already, but that's fine with me! I won't get to see them for a few weeks though; I sent them to my school mailbox.

Majorane
August 2nd, 2014, 04:48 PM
Oh, the wait, the horror....poor you :flower:

KittyBird
August 5th, 2014, 04:33 AM
I got my comb! It got here so fast, I'm pretty amazed to be honest. I love the cute, sparkly paper it was wrapped in, the letter was really nice, and the comb is just.. Wow! Pink Granite is the prettiest colour I've ever seen! It's baby pink with specs of silver and dark purple. So gorgeous!

Fortunately I hadn't detangled my hair before it arrived, so I got to try it out on fairly tangly hair. I'm absolutely amazed by how gentle and smooth it is. It would just glide through my hair like a hot knife through butter. I've never experienced that before, and I didn't think it was possible with this thick, unruly mess I have dangling from my head. I got no breakage at all (I usually get some with the TT, and lots with my wooden comb), and the handle fits well in my hand, so I won't accidentally throw it into the toilet (almost happened with my TT!).

I get ridiculously excited when something works for me, so I've already purchased another Pink Granite shower comb, and written an excited message to the shop owner, raving about how much I love the comb. :o
And now, pictures!
https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3838/14648278459_0e7478da12.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/ojqfRa)Pink Granite shower comb (https://flic.kr/p/ojqfRa) by kittehbird (https://www.flickr.com/people//)

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5594/14834930515_ee785ed9e4.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/oAUU14)[/url] by [url=https://www.flickr.com/people//]kittehbird (https://flic.kr/p/oAUU14)

lilin
August 5th, 2014, 05:04 AM
Beautiful! Yeah, it glides extremely well for me too.

Well, I lied earlier in the thread. My wood comb was a bit finer toothed, and I discovered with my EternallyInAmber comb that I <3 wide tooth. I also <3 the smoother consistency. But since I am super-fine (see what I did there?), I do still get a bit of static with this material, plus it doesn't really distribute oil as well. That is the one thing I preferred about my wood comb.

You see where this is going, right?

So I got another comb; a wide tooth horn comb from terminator_9999.

I LOVE it. Wow. It's quite smooth, no static, oil distributing abilities, etc...

But you know what?

I still see a place for this one. You can pry the horn comb out of my cold dead hands, but this inexpensive cellulose comb does one thing better, apart from my original intent, which was as an inexpensive no-loss travel back-up.

The horn comb is heavy. It's got thick teeth and a handle and it's big. If I'm not mindful, I can break hairs just with the weight of the comb.

My icy blue beauty is so light.

So I comb my ends with it first, then the horn for everything else. The wood comb has been relegated to scritching and pre-shower duty.

I didn't expect to like it so much that it would hold a daily place despite acquiring what is considered one of the best kinds of combs, but it really is extremely smooth. It's like the knots aren't even there. And its weight, or lack of it, means you have to be almost trying to rip hair, or certainly being much too rough anyway.

So now I have four combs, including the fine tooth freebie she gave me. Who needs four combs!?

Ok, NOW I am done buying stuff. Promise. ;)

CRX<3
August 8th, 2014, 03:18 AM
Temptation alert!! :bigeyes: I will order 4 of them right away!!
I have a at least two year ban on ordering hair toys (sticks, forks etc.) because I can't use them yet. But I have no restrictions on combs last time I checked! :bounce:
I chose the pink granite shampoo comb, and a fine tooth comb in the same color. And the breathtaking rainbow set from the "on the go" collection. And I have never seen such a nice Etsy discount! Is this a dream!?

KittyBird
August 8th, 2014, 03:47 AM
Great haul, CRX<3! I'm sure you'll love your combs, and I do hope you'll post pictures of them when they arrive. I'm very curious about the rainbow combs :D

Johannah
August 8th, 2014, 05:19 AM
I got my comb! It got here so fast, I'm pretty amazed to be honest. I love the cute, sparkly paper it was wrapped in, the letter was really nice, and the comb is just.. Wow! Pink Granite is the prettiest colour I've ever seen! It's baby pink with specs of silver and dark purple. So gorgeous!

Fortunately I hadn't detangled my hair before it arrived, so I got to try it out on fairly tangly hair. I'm absolutely amazed by how gentle and smooth it is. It would just glide through my hair like a hot knife through butter. I've never experienced that before, and I didn't think it was possible with this thick, unruly mess I have dangling from my head. I got no breakage at all (I usually get some with the TT, and lots with my wooden comb), and the handle fits well in my hand, so I won't accidentally throw it into the toilet (almost happened with my TT!).

I get ridiculously excited when something works for me, so I've already purchased another Pink Granite shower comb, and written an excited message to the shop owner, raving about how much I love the comb. :o
And now, pictures!
https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3838/14648278459_0e7478da12.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/ojqfRa)Pink Granite shower comb (https://flic.kr/p/ojqfRa) by kittehbird (https://www.flickr.com/people//)

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5594/14834930515_ee785ed9e4.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/oAUU14)[/url] by [url=https://www.flickr.com/people//]kittehbird (https://flic.kr/p/oAUU14)

:thud::thud::thud:

Jennwith4
August 9th, 2014, 08:46 PM
I received the comb I bought yesterday and I love it! Purchased the wide-tooth scalloped edge comb and I wish I bought 2.

Larki
August 9th, 2014, 09:27 PM
I received the comb I bought yesterday and I love it! Purchased the wide-tooth scalloped edge comb and I wish I bought 2.

Pictures? What color did you buy?

Jennwith4
August 9th, 2014, 09:34 PM
Pictures? What color did you buy?

I bought this one. To me it's more of an ivory.
https://www.etsy.com/transaction/217836689

Johannah
August 11th, 2014, 02:03 AM
Has anyone who bought this, compared this to the bodyshop comb?

I want to buy one but the shipping costs are holding me back. If it really makes a big difference I want to try one, though.

CRX<3
August 12th, 2014, 08:48 AM
They have arrived!! :heartbeat 5 days after ordering! :D that's one fast shipping . New York, U.S ---> Luleå, Sweden.

Super smooth and just lovely! Now I'm going to sew a nice storage pouch for them, they are way to fancy to live with the others in the bathroom hair-stuff box. ;)

http://i61.tinypic.com/11w7xj5.jpg
http://i60.tinypic.com/293g7zn.jpg
http://i62.tinypic.com/oj449h.jpg
http://i61.tinypic.com/hv838l.jpg
http://i61.tinypic.com/fkqj4k.jpg

CRX<3
August 12th, 2014, 10:15 AM
Has anyone who bought this, compared this to the bodyshop comb?

I want to buy one but the shipping costs are holding me back. If it really makes a big difference I want to try one, though.

I have a bodyshop comb, and it is smoothened down with super fine sandpaper, but I prefer the feeling of EternallyInAmber, it's slides better through the hair and I can control the pressure better and therefore be more careful. The body shop comb will retire as my unbreakable traveling comb :D but remember, my opinion is based on my silky straight bob length hair.

GabrielleRose
August 12th, 2014, 01:30 PM
I just made a purchase! :)
I ordered a black shower comb for my boyfriend, and a fine tooth on the go comb in rose for me. Can't wait!
CRX<3, your combs are lovely!

tetisheri72
August 12th, 2014, 07:42 PM
She better ramp up production. The LHC has found her. Her life will never be the same.

Majorane
August 12th, 2014, 11:49 PM
Well, I warned her about the possibilty of a herd of greedy longhairs coming down to shop....
As for th combs, after a week of use (longer, I think?): Yup still like them! Gentle, and no sharp edges, and oh my they scritch my scalp WONDERFULLY. And I've dropped one of the combs a few times, but since they're plasticky, no panic about breaking them.

I've always loved the easiness of plastic combs over horn or wooden ones, just hated the snaggy seams. These are great though. Yup, fan.

Also, soooo pretty! That is at least 50% of the usage fun.
Proof:
http://i632.photobucket.com/albums/uu46/Marjokei/LHC/IMG_20140812_184400_zpsksplcvoq.jpg (http://s632.photobucket.com/user/Marjokei/media/LHC/IMG_20140812_184400_zpsksplcvoq.jpg.html)
Pink scalloped big one, SHINY :crush:
http://i632.photobucket.com/albums/uu46/Marjokei/LHC/IMG_20140812_184351_zpsepdoylyg.jpg (http://s632.photobucket.com/user/Marjokei/media/LHC/IMG_20140812_184351_zpsepdoylyg.jpg.html) *KABLOOSH* *splutter* Did you hear that? That was my brain exploding over the minty greatness of this comb. Almost afraid to use it because yay!

KittyBird
August 13th, 2014, 12:39 AM
Gorgeous combs, CRX<3 and Majorane! :D The minty one is seriously pretty!

Johannah
August 13th, 2014, 04:00 AM
Maybe I should find an extra job next to my study :lol:

Majorane
August 13th, 2014, 04:36 AM
Well, you could always come live here and become a bridgekeeper next to your study, the pay is quite allright..... The travel time from-to uni, not so much, I suppose.

Johannah
August 13th, 2014, 04:56 AM
Well, you could always come live here and become a bridgekeeper next to your study, the pay is quite allright..... The travel time from-to uni, not so much, I suppose.

Weekends? :D I live close to Holland, so maybe, very maybe................... :p

Majorane
August 13th, 2014, 05:26 AM
Weekend shifts pay the best, and I have a comfy sleeping-couch in the spare bedroom..... :toast: :rolling:

Johannah
August 13th, 2014, 06:16 AM
Weekend shifts pay the best, and I have a comfy sleeping-couch in the spare bedroom..... :toast: :rolling:

I'm in! :eyebrows: :laugh:

cat11
August 19th, 2014, 01:19 PM
I just got a comb from here and I LOVE IT! And she has a 50% off coupon right now. It's so pretty and it glides thru my hair like nothing else. If if breaks from me sitting on it on bed or something and I can't get another one I will cry so Im considering getting an extra...

Nebulae
August 19th, 2014, 02:24 PM
I think they use some dark magic to ship their combs because mine got here crazy fast! :lol: Shipped on friday, got here today!

Here is my little haul:
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e168/zillzi/Hairtoys/IMG_9221x_zpsee6bca57.jpg~original

I love them, well made and smooth, with a little flex to them! Glides through my hair much better than my wooden wide tooth comb. The pink fine tooth comb I got has some wonky teeth in the middle, seems strange to me (don't know how they make them though) but doesn't seem to interfere with combing.
I got the black one to help distribute deposit only dye, so if it would stain it it's not ruined. :o Also, easy to hold with slippery gloved hands!
The scalloped one I honestly only bought because it was pretty, but the teeth are even wider on this one so hopefully it will be good for detangling waves!

A bit of advice though; do not smell these combs! Lol :D

Majorane
August 19th, 2014, 02:33 PM
Uh? Why? Mine didn't smell at all.......

velorutionista
August 19th, 2014, 02:53 PM
I've been in the market for a couple new combs lately (my cheap Sally's plastic comb has snagged its last hair and been demoted to cat comb!), so I've been comb-less for about a week and it's driving me crazy!

So I am super happy to find this thread--these look really well made! And inexpensive to boot! Now I just have to decide which color(s?) I want to get! (I secretly want them all--they're so pretty!)

Nebulae
August 19th, 2014, 05:52 PM
Uh? Why? Mine didn't smell at all.......

Mine smells really chemically, I'm guessing it's the material they're made from that smells. I smelled them again now just to see if I could describe it better, and they don't smell nearly as much as when I took them out of the plastic bags they came in.. so I guess it evaporates, thankfully. :)

Larki
August 19th, 2014, 07:02 PM
Mine don't smell at all; they smell like air. :p I got the rose shell color.

Nenyath
August 20th, 2014, 01:44 PM
Alright, caved in and bought three, with that discount, how could I not?

Nebulae
August 20th, 2014, 03:03 PM
I'm also thinking about buying extras, in case I lose or break mine.. I guess I have until the end of the year to decide (thinking about the discount) :p

Larki
August 20th, 2014, 06:35 PM
My rose shell combs!

http://i61.tinypic.com/2cgbmlu.jpg http://i60.tinypic.com/2d0fimb.jpg

Majorane
August 20th, 2014, 11:46 PM
I had the ....mintypinky one in my bag and it fell out when I took over the shift of my coworker yesterday. It was like 'oh, lemme get that..... SQUEE. What a pretty comb! Where'd you get that?!' :cloud9: I was all proud of mah comby. Enticing people all around. Spiffy.

GabrielleRose
August 21st, 2014, 10:16 AM
I got my combs in and I love them!

Amber was awesome to work with! My order got mixed with someone else's, so not only did I get to keep those combs but she sent mine in as well so I got 4 combs, yay!

I have a pink/green detangling comb, rose shell fine tooth comb, black shampoo comb, and a rainbow detangling comb. The rose shell was absolutely gorgeous, but my hair was a little too thick for it so I gifted it to my niece and she adored it! The black shampoo comb just glides through my tangle prone hair, and my boyfriend's thick wavy hair so I gave it to him because he was constantly ripping through his hair with a brush.shudder: I gifted his sister with the rainbow one, and she was weary because she's very tender headed and has super thick hair but it worked well for her.

lilin
August 21st, 2014, 03:18 PM
I got my combs in and I love them!

Amber was awesome to work with! My order got mixed with someone else's, so not only did I get to keep those combs but she sent mine in as well so I got 4 combs, yay!

I have a pink/green detangling comb, rose shell fine tooth comb, black shampoo comb, and a rainbow detangling comb. The rose shell was absolutely gorgeous, but my hair was a little to thick for it so I gifted it to my niece and she adored it! The black shampoo comb just glides through my tangle prone hair, and my boyfriend's thick wavy hair so I gave it to him because he was constantly ripping through his hair with a brush.shudder: I gifted his sister with the rainbow one, and she was weary because she's very tender headed and has super thick hair but it worked well for her.

Yes. This is probably THE best comb I've come across for the tender-headed (I'm very tender-headed myself -- even having my hair up for more than a few hours straight tends to make my roots hurt and I have to take it down and rub it for a minute).

My horn comb is close, but due to sheer weight, not quite as gentle. I still use it most at home to avoid static, but these will be my travel and my "really bad knot" combs foreva.

wavykisses
September 1st, 2014, 03:06 PM
After taking a long hair break and cutting my hair, I decided to try growing it one more time.
To celebrate I made my first purchase of this beautiful combs

curlsgalore
September 1st, 2014, 05:39 PM
Ahhh I should not have opened this thread...I might have just ordered a few combs. Such a good sale and I love nice combs. I've wanted an ivory madora comb for ages but don't want to pay $50 right now..I hope I love these. I know my daughters will :).

Nebulae
September 2nd, 2014, 04:16 AM
After using these combs for a while I can easily say I absolutely love them. I use the scalloped one more often than my Tangle Teezer now, and the fine tooth one is perfect for smoothing my hair into updos and styling my bangs. Plus they're super easy to clean!

Estrid
September 24th, 2014, 02:39 AM
Now, I see that people haven't written in this thread for long but I felt that I have to ask anyway :p

I ordered a comb from Eternally In Amber yesterday and today I can see a map of where the package is (where it ships from and where it ships to). However, they have market out a spot in my country that don't match up with my adress, is that just a random placement-thing or what? xD *paranoid Estrid strikes again*

The only thing that is a bit weird in the adress is that it wrote out my country three times (*City*, SWEDEN SE-*postnumber* and then Sweden on the next line too, don't ask me why), they should be able to figure out where I live anyway, right? >_>

Majorane
September 24th, 2014, 04:01 AM
Uh. I haven't checked that tracking system myself when I ordered my Ambers. I'm sure it'll be fine, but if the worries keep you from sleeping, why not politely drop them a PM? :)

As for weird order forms, man tell me about it. Sometimes I have to enter my zipcode twice, or my province (which is utterly unusefull for shippers) or whatnot. International shipping forms are so not adapted to our nice, easy, European way of adresses. Cough, cough.

:bounce:

Estrid
September 24th, 2014, 04:23 AM
Haha, I guess xD

Since they say that they have shipped my comb there is no point to PM them about it, hopefully the post office here in Sweden understand where it is going when they receive it :p

Nebulae
September 24th, 2014, 05:08 AM
As long as your name and address is in there somewhere you should be fine :) I don't remember what my tracking said but it always ends at the US border so I don't really pay much attention to it since it's pretty pointless :p my package however arrived in a week, so hopefully your wait won't be long!

Estrid
September 24th, 2014, 05:38 AM
Alright :) Just to wait and see, I guess ^_^

ExpectoPatronum
September 27th, 2014, 11:45 AM
I ordered a comb the other day (The pink granite wide toothed one). It shipped yesterday so I can't wait to get it!

Hedera
September 27th, 2014, 01:51 PM
Mine shipped yesterday as well. :)

Can't wait!

Estrid
September 29th, 2014, 04:51 AM
My comb arrived today ^_^ Now I can relax! It's pretty and it's thicker than I thought it would be (which is nice!).

ExpectoPatronum
September 29th, 2014, 05:50 PM
:happydance: My comb arrived! I am in love with it. Unfortunately I had just washed my hair before checking the mail, so I can't comment on how smooth it feels in my hair, but I did run it through my damp hair and have to say I was pleasantly surprised to not find any strands around the teeth! That happens with any other comb I've purchased.

The comb itself is very smooth and shiny, with a bit of flex to it which I like. I find combs to break easily if dropped if they don't have at least a little flex to them.

Now the color...I'm very surprised at how much I like it. I'm not really a huge fan of pink, but I wanted something other than brown or black which is why I sprung for it. My flatmate was there when I opened it and he commented saying it reminded him of cherry blossoms, and you know what? That's what it reminds me of too! I love it. It's light pink and burgundy bits flecked with some shimmery white pieces. It's much prettier than the listing pictures show.

http://oi61.tinypic.com/2rw9v05.jpg

Majorane
September 30th, 2014, 01:17 AM
Yeah, I'm not much for oink myself but every time I see that pink granite it's 'oooooh purdy'! As for the flex and the strength, I have dropped my combs a lot the last few weeks (what can I say, I am clumsy) and they don't even flinch at hard bathroom floor tiles. And another comb has lived in my bag for weeks. It is a tough life for a comb in my bag. There are a gazillion hazards. Sharp objects, over stuffing, smacks on the floor, nail files, etc ect. But what a die hard comb it is, it just screams "Yippykayee" and doesn't budge, dent or break no matter what get's thrown in the bag. It is very hardcore. And it makes mommy very proud.

Larki
November 18th, 2014, 10:46 AM
The new products are up!!! https://www.etsy.com/shop/EternallyInAmber?page=1

I love these!

https://img0.etsystatic.com/059/0/9592058/il_570xN.684255996_gpx8.jpg

https://img1.etsystatic.com/052/0/9592058/il_570xN.684380815_fz44.jpg

ooglipoo
November 18th, 2014, 11:14 AM
Anyone know coupon codes? She says to go ahead and use them! I want to get some for the girls for holiday presents.

Morganaa
November 18th, 2014, 12:07 PM
What a coincidence. I pmed her about a coupon code but there's only the one that past customers got with their invoices. What you see in the shop is the last stock before next year, so she just told me not to wait too much ;)

Adiro
November 18th, 2014, 02:09 PM
I just placed an order for 4 mixed combs, I hope I didn't make a 50 bux mistake.... but they are so pretty!!!

swearnsue
November 18th, 2014, 02:11 PM
Wow, she has decorative hair combs now! Sooo pretty.

I love her combs!

Nebulae
November 18th, 2014, 02:32 PM
Hmm, I didn't get any code with my purchase, although I did use the one that was public at the time :hmm:

I do like the new colors and still want back-up combs to keep in my bag for example, but I think I will wait a bit more... hoping there will be more colors in the new year maybe!

ooglipoo
November 18th, 2014, 03:59 PM
What a coincidence. I pmed her about a coupon code but there's only the one that past customers got with their invoices. What you see in the shop is the last stock before next year, so she just told me not to wait too much ;)

Good to know! Thanks for sharing. :flower:

Morganaa
November 19th, 2014, 03:10 AM
You're very welcome ;)

Phalaenopsis
November 19th, 2014, 06:15 AM
They look lovely! I want to try them too, so a friend of mine is ordering one for me tonight :)

Wosie
November 19th, 2014, 06:20 AM
I thought about buying one of these as a gift for my mother... Are they totally snag-free, without tiny sharp bits that might shred fragile hair? :hmm:

Larki
November 19th, 2014, 11:17 AM
Both of mine are absolutely perfect, and I have very, very fragile hair. But I've seen some people mention that there were small flaws on theirs that were easily fixed with a nail file.

iluvbooks
November 19th, 2014, 03:42 PM
I freaking love these combs. I have two and like I said, they are like combing your hair with angel fingers. <3 I never knew the comb you used made such a difference.

Phalaenopsis
November 19th, 2014, 11:25 PM
My comb is already shipped :cheer:

Morganaa
November 27th, 2014, 06:51 AM
***Enjoy 20% off your entire order with a minimum purchase of $10. Use code EIATHANKS until 11/29. Happy Thanksgiving!***

Morganaa
November 30th, 2014, 09:40 AM
Two interesting informations on the FB page : https://www.facebook.com/pages/Eternally-in-Amber/260712170664235

I received my order just yesterday and am already very pleased with it (will post pics tomorrow) so I took advantage of the new coupon for Cyber Monday ;)

Johannah
November 30th, 2014, 12:01 PM
I've been thinking about buying a comb for such a long time buuut... I don't know....

Morganaa
November 30th, 2014, 12:27 PM
I tried both of mine twice and my hair was very soft and not tangled at all quite easily which is no small fit for me ^^ It didn't hurt either

Adiro
November 30th, 2014, 04:36 PM
I received mine as well!
I am surprised at how tiny they are, but they re very pretty!
The teeth are very shallow on some of them, I am used to my big rake from Mason Pearson. Honestly they are very good, but tiny. If the hair is kind of thick, like mine, not all models work. My only two that have teeth long enough are the scalloped one and the shampoo comb. The rare teeth one and the pocket one are good only on my little daughter

lapushka
November 30th, 2014, 04:58 PM
I received mine as well!
I am surprised at how tiny they are, but they re very pretty!
The teeth are very shallow on some of them, I am used to my big rake from Mason Pearson. Honestly they are very good, but tiny. If the hair is kind of thick, like mine, not all models work. My only two that have teeth long enough are the scalloped one and the shampoo comb. The rare teeth one and the pocket one are good only on my little daughter

I find the teeth on the scalloped one to be too short for detangling wet hair properly. I need my hairsense bone volume comb for that! And I *feel* the difference. Honestly the EIA one *pulls* like hell while the hairsense one just glides through.

Adiro
November 30th, 2014, 10:51 PM
Lapushka, I couldn't agree with you more!
I have the same issue, they are too shallow for my hair, but given the price, I guess I do get what I paid for. On mine the scalloped one has a bit deeper teeth than the other one with straight edge and also rare teeth.

They are lovely for the price,and very good looking, but they are thin, and tiny, and with shallow teeth. finish wise I cannot say that I am impressed with how smooth they are, well, they are not rough but they are not glass smooth either.

As I said, lovely, but nowhere near my MP comb. or my (also rather expensive ) Chinese horn comb.
maybe I should post a comparison photo.

Alaska98
December 2nd, 2014, 09:38 PM
I think my package is lost. :/ it was scheduled to be delivered 1 Dec. Tracking says it departed the main hub around 5 am that day. It never made it to my post office just an hour away. Previous stalking usually has packages arriving at my post office around 730. Kinda bummed. I was looking forward to angel fingers. Fingers crossed for a 3 Dec delivery!

Adiro
December 2nd, 2014, 11:22 PM
I hope you get it soon, Alaska!!!!

Johannah
December 3rd, 2014, 08:03 AM
I think my package is lost. :/ it was scheduled to be delivered 1 Dec. Tracking says it departed the main hub around 5 am that day. It never made it to my post office just an hour away. Previous stalking usually has packages arriving at my post office around 730. Kinda bummed. I was looking forward to angel fingers. Fingers crossed for a 3 Dec delivery!

:pray: I hope you'll get it today!

Alaska98
December 4th, 2014, 09:20 PM
Yay, they found their way! I got a decorative one. I tried it in a French twist and a cinnabun. It held in both, but I don't have a lot of hair. Got a detangler, too. It's way better than my cheapy horn comb from Amazon. My kid liked it better than her Tangle teezer, so I had to place another order so she could have her own. I'm kind of OCD about thing being in set and sets being incomplete. Once they restock, I'll have to complete both of our sets.

Johannah
December 5th, 2014, 03:23 AM
Yay, they found their way! I got a decorative one. I tried it in a French twist and a cinnabun. It held in both, but I don't have a lot of hair. Got a detangler, too. It's way better than my cheapy horn comb from Amazon. My kid liked it better than her Tangle teezer, so I had to place another order so she could have her own. I'm kind of OCD about thing being in set and sets being incomplete. Once they restock, I'll have to complete both of our sets.

I'm happy they arrived :)

Morganaa
December 5th, 2014, 03:48 AM
Yeah :cheese:

Nebulae
December 5th, 2014, 05:22 AM
Good news that your package arrived, Alaska!

I haven't even touched my tangle teezer in months now, I only use my scalloped wide tooth comb (and fingers) for detangling.. didn't think that would ever happen, but my hair seems to like it! For styling (bangs, straightening out bumps) the fine tooth does a fine job. :)
They're perfect for my fine, thin hair.. wouldn't want to be without them!

Fericera
December 5th, 2014, 08:47 AM
These are pretty! I'm really liking the taupe shell scallop and black and gold granite. I need a seamless wide tooth comb, and they're so hard to find in stores.

Phalaenopsis
December 5th, 2014, 10:10 AM
They are lovely for the price,and very good looking, but they are thin, and tiny, and with shallow teeth. finish wise I cannot say that I am impressed with how smooth they are, well, they are not rough but they are not glass smooth either.

Same here. I want to love it, it looks so pretty, but it doesn't glide through my hair and it's just too thin and flimsy for my liking. I'm going back to wooden combs, they still seem to work the best for me.

ooglipoo
December 5th, 2014, 10:27 AM
I got some of the side combs, and they hold very well. I have tortoise shell, as well as the black and gold granite, and they are very pretty. The black and gold granite is really lovely in person!

lapushka
December 6th, 2014, 05:42 PM
Yeah, I have to say it. The EIA comb just does not compare to my Hairsense bone volume comb. That one is rock-solid and glides through wet hair like a dream. The EIA comb tangles like crazy and almost bends (it's way too flimsy). Never buying from them again - sorry.

Adiro
December 6th, 2014, 11:42 PM
Ok, so I'm not crazy..... I was shy to be so-so when everybody raves about them, but honestly they don't cut it for me.... oh well, I do have sort of killer hair, it broke a jeter and a ficcare....( and other things) well, it's good they work for some, including for my daughter and her dolls

sapphire-o
December 7th, 2014, 08:03 AM
I wish they're thicker and a bit heavier as well, but they do work for me. It just takes some getting used to. I've been using wood or horn combs which weighed more and are more rigid. I found the EIA comb (scalloped one) particularly good for wet hair after shower.

lapushka
December 7th, 2014, 04:20 PM
I wish they're thicker and a bit heavier as well, but they do work for me. It just takes some getting used to. I've been using wood or horn combs which weighed more and are more rigid. I found the EIA comb (scalloped one) particularly good for wet hair after shower.

You can use it wet? Pfft. I can only use it dry, I'm afraid. It's good for detangling pre-wash, I'll give it that.

And is it just mine or does yours collect dust and lint easily in the hollows of the teeth.

sapphire-o
December 10th, 2014, 02:36 AM

OK I just received a new EIA comb in icy blue. I'm please to find the new batch to be thicker and less flexible. It feels more hefty. It does seem to have rougher finish and the seams are more obvious looking. Nothing a few minutes of sanding couldn't fix of course. But if you expect your combs to be totally seamless these are not for you (Seller has never claimed them to be seamless, just handmade.) They're still very high quality stuff way above drugstore combs.

Wosie
December 10th, 2014, 04:24 AM
I got my three combs yesterday (wide tooth scallop comb, fine tooth scallop comb [I really like the creamy shimmeriness of these!] and icy blue shampoo comb [just as I had imagined it to look; beautiful]).
My old two faithful combs were from etsy and were made of horn (wide tooth) and purpleheart wood (fine tooth). They both hade some minor issues and thus I felt I needed a couple of new ones. :)

The wide tooth scallop comb had some rough edges, but I easily sanded them down with my nail file. The others were as smooth as can be. Very nice to use, they glide so easily through my hair! I definitely recommend them, but remember that:

They're very small! They will most likely not break (...I already dropped one on the floor as they're so glossy and slippery), as they're somewhat flexible and made of plastic.
There might be some rough edges that'll be sanded away very easily, without any problems and no visible effects.

skeletonous
December 29th, 2014, 08:15 PM
Just ordered one of the scalloped combs with her Christmas discount :) I really hope I get one with no rough edges but I have a crystal nail file that should hopefully do the trick if that happens. I actually went with the black and white one by DBF's preference :p I ended up liking it too lol.

skeletonous
January 5th, 2015, 04:09 PM
Just ordered one of the scalloped combs with her Christmas discount :) I really hope I get one with no rough edges but I have a crystal nail file that should hopefully do the trick if that happens. I actually went with the black and white one by DBF's preference :p I ended up liking it too lol.

So I got my comb today and actually, I love it! :inlove: it is somewhat flexible and maybe the teeniest bit thinner than a regular comb (hardly noticeable to me), but it is very smooth. It isn't seamless, but the seams are inverted (so there's a valley instead of a part that sticks out) which is really nice. It glided through my hair very nicely, and any tangles that I came across I was able to either very gently get them out with the comb or opted to pull them apart gently with my fingers. As much as I love my wet brush, I think this will be my go-to for detangling!

Belle Paix
January 20th, 2015, 01:54 PM
Not to revive an older thread, but I got my wide tooth comb and two decorative combs today. They are so beautiful! I've been looking for decorative combs like this for years! The size, the feel, and there are no rough edges on mine, thank goodness! Looking forward to using them for updos!

ooglipoo
January 20th, 2015, 02:01 PM
Oh, these kinds of threads are supposed to get "revived" when anyone needs to do a review! Perfectly fine, Belle Paix.

In fact, seeing it reminded me to mention that I also got some of their decorative combs, and I really like them. No roughness or scratchy edges. I'm very pleased.

The hand combs, eh, they're nice, but they just don't do it for me. I think they're not big enough, maybe? I got the fine toothed one for my youngest 1b girl, and we've been using it for dolly hair. Works perfect for that!

Jac
January 21st, 2015, 01:36 PM
Not to revive an older thread, but I got my wide tooth comb and two decorative combs today. They are so beautiful! I've been looking for decorative combs like this for years! The size, the feel, and there are no rough edges on mine, thank goodness! Looking forward to using them for updos!

In fact, seeing it reminded me to mention that I also got some of their decorative combs, and I really like them. No roughness or scratchy edges. I'm very pleased.

Ooo, I've been considering ordering one of the decorative combs, and seeing these positive reviews is making me more interested... :hmm: Have either of you had a chance to use them yet? I'd love to hear how they are in action.

ooglipoo
January 21st, 2015, 02:08 PM
Yeah, I've used mine a few times. They seem to work great! I don't have to keep constantly adjusting them, like I remember having to do when I wore them last, some 20 years or so ago. It was a long time ago, and put me off wearing combs because they were so dang fiddly. Now, I just dampened my hair, used the EiA combs, and they stayed for dinner and a movie, no problem! I was really pleased with that.

Alaska98
January 21st, 2015, 08:04 PM
I really like mine, too. I prefer to wear it in a tucked French braid. It stays all day. I'm hoping they put out the tortoiseshell gold/black soon. I'd like another (I have the rose colored one).

Swan Maiden
January 25th, 2015, 04:46 AM
I just bought two scalloped combs, the rose shell and icy blue. I currently use a wooden comb or a tangle teezer. These combs are beautiful, they remind me of something you would see on a dressing table in the 1950s.

Morganaa
February 19th, 2015, 08:11 AM
Last post to update (at least with pics already taken). Though I have to confess I do not use the combs anymore since I change my combing routine...

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e312/MorganaaMayffair/IMG_20141208_173215_zpsooyifckv.jpg (http://s42.photobucket.com/user/MorganaaMayffair/media/IMG_20141208_173215_zpsooyifckv.jpg.html)

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e312/MorganaaMayffair/IMG_20141209_195545_zps5hewjktz.jpg (http://s42.photobucket.com/user/MorganaaMayffair/media/IMG_20141209_195545_zps5hewjktz.jpg.html)

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e312/MorganaaMayffair/IMG_20141209_195606_zpsoznvdd80.jpg (http://s42.photobucket.com/user/MorganaaMayffair/media/IMG_20141209_195606_zpsoznvdd80.jpg.html)

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e312/MorganaaMayffair/IMG_20141209_195626_zpsqcnblbbu.jpg (http://s42.photobucket.com/user/MorganaaMayffair/media/IMG_20141209_195626_zpsqcnblbbu.jpg.html)

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e312/MorganaaMayffair/IMG_20141209_195650_zpsxn5lnpbc.jpg (http://s42.photobucket.com/user/MorganaaMayffair/media/IMG_20141209_195650_zpsxn5lnpbc.jpg.html)

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e312/MorganaaMayffair/IMG_20141209_195704_zps9rkvmz3i.jpg (http://s42.photobucket.com/user/MorganaaMayffair/media/IMG_20141209_195704_zps9rkvmz3i.jpg.html)

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e312/MorganaaMayffair/IMG_20141209_195713_zpsx1rxhdky.jpg (http://s42.photobucket.com/user/MorganaaMayffair/media/IMG_20141209_195713_zpsx1rxhdky.jpg.html)

Alaska98
February 20th, 2015, 10:39 AM
I purchased the shower comb December 30, and it's kind of curled up end to end. Any ideas on why this has happened or how to fix it. I do keep it in the shower. Maybe the steam causes warping?

GabrielleRose
February 23rd, 2015, 10:51 PM
Just recently got 2 new combs. I ordered the black/gold one for my boyfriend as he lost the solid black one. He had been yanking through his hair with a terrible brush, but he absolutely loves his new replacement comb that he hasn't really touched that horrid brush! The one I got for myself is the icy blue one and its so pretty! Its my princess comb, lol!

GabrielleRose
February 23rd, 2015, 10:52 PM
I purchased the shower comb December 30, and it's kind of curled up end to end. Any ideas on why this has happened or how to fix it. I do keep it in the shower. Maybe the steam causes warping?

No idea what could be causing this, perhaps the steam like your guessing... Have you tried contacting the seller to see what she recommends?

Alaska98
June 7th, 2015, 06:37 AM
Not really pertinent to EIA, but last night I dreamed I was combing my kid's hair with one of these combs, and it was so tangly, and I was pulling so hard that it just snapped in half. :shudder: Dream me thought : that's odd, it should have just bent, not snapped. Real me thinks : poor kid and her hair!

cat11
June 7th, 2015, 10:01 AM

Wow. I keep mine in the shower all the time its been in there for at least 5 months with no warping :/ Maybe it's defective? Do you use piping hot water or something?

Spinder
June 13th, 2015, 03:55 PM
I got one, then I received a 25% off coupon so I got four more (all wide tooth scalloped combs). What can I say, I'm infatuated :crush:

missrandie
June 14th, 2015, 05:39 AM
I have her pink granite travel set.. I love it! It's just enough comb for me.

Aderyn
June 16th, 2015, 12:39 AM
Just ordered two more wide tooth scallop combs since I'm completely in love with the one I currently have. Completely in love with this style of comb. :)

starfire
June 17th, 2015, 01:50 PM
I recently got the wide tooth scallop comb. Mine had flakes of orangey acrylic (or whatever material) on the end of the tines. I scraped them off with my nails and they seem fine, but not sure what it was?

lapushka
June 17th, 2015, 02:25 PM
My tines for some reason collect a lot of lint. I don't have that with other combs... It's so odd.

Yosha
July 9th, 2015, 09:05 AM
Does anyone have the decorative combs and have a picture of them in your hair for me? The offer is for only one I think, not a pair? They are so pretty and I'd like to use them to pull my hair back like this: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-8TOlfsgJl2I/UcrqslwjIxI/AAAAAAAALzU/zei2rkxKcLQ/s1600/IMG_5331.JPG
Would these be suitable for that?
https://img0.etsystatic.com/047/0/9592058/il_570xN.700358404_srx6.jpg

jennareid
July 9th, 2015, 09:10 AM
I have one in that same colour. It's smaller than I thought it would be (hence why it's on the swap board) but it would be pretty much perfect for what you want to do with it. Yes it came as a single. I can try and get a pic later if you like.

Alaska98
December 5th, 2015, 10:02 AM
So, they're offering monthly boxes now. Did anyone else get that email? Did you sign up? Are you considering it?

cat11
December 5th, 2015, 10:47 AM
Hmmm I didn't get an email but I am curious about what it is.

I Love my eternally in amber combs. I use the wide tooth one and the fine tooth dressing one every day. Thw wide tooth detangles my hair easier than the Madora comb. (I still like and use that one sometimes though, so make my hair smooth)

Viola88
December 5th, 2015, 10:54 AM
So, they're offering monthly boxes now. Did anyone else get that email? Did you sign up? Are you considering it?

I got an email but I think I am going to pass. It looks like more than a few items are ones I wouldn't use. I think others might like the boxes, though.

jennareid
December 5th, 2015, 10:54 AM
I got the email and I really like the look of the pinch clips in the pictures. I wish they'd sell them separately. I'm not going to sign up for a box in the hope there's one in there, and potentially get a load of clips that won't work for me.

Alaska98
December 5th, 2015, 11:09 AM
I got the email and I really like the look of the pinch clips in the pictures. I wish they'd sell them separately. I'm not going to sign up for a box in the hope there's one in there, and potentially get a load of clips that won't work for me.

That's what I was thinking. I have 2 girls, though, so I'm sure everything would work for someone. Here's the link.
https://eternallyinamberbox.cratejoy.com
I'm very tempted lol

roseomalley
December 5th, 2015, 12:35 PM
I received the email, too. My hair is baby fine, so I know certain things would not work for me. I do love their products, but I need to choose size and weight of toys carefully.

roseomalley
December 5th, 2015, 12:39 PM

That is odd. I have had my shower comb from them for over six months. It is still perfect. I keep mine in the shower, too.

MsPharaohMoan
December 7th, 2015, 12:42 PM
After a year of ownership my comb has indentations and nicks on the tines :( I tried filing them down but now they're not as smooth and I'm a bit paranoid about using it. I don't think I'll repurchase. I had the same problem with my wooden comb... Will try a stronger material whenever I get around to purchasing a comb again.

Alaska98
December 7th, 2015, 01:12 PM
My kid snapped hers in half yesterday. -_- I know it was on purpose and I know it took effort. It wasn't snapped,but like she had to bend it back and forth a lot before it broke.

Spinder
December 9th, 2015, 06:52 AM
My kid snapped hers in half yesterday. -_- I know it was on purpose and I know it took effort. It wasn't snapped,but like she had to bend it back and forth a lot before it broke.

Oh my... I can imagine you're none too pleased about that. I certainly wouldn't be.

Alaska98
December 9th, 2015, 07:58 AM
Definitely not. It was the fine tooth version. Her hair collects fuzz and carpet, so I use it when she's completely detangled to get the fuzz out. I told her she can use her money if she wants another or she can walk around with carpet in her hair. She chose carpet. Oh, the apathy of being 6 lol

Techmouse
December 10th, 2015, 11:26 PM
I want a fine tooth comb, but I am going to wait until after I get my box. With luck, there will be a fine tooth comb in the box.

earthybee
December 14th, 2015, 02:23 PM
I totally folded for one of the new brushes (https://www.etsy.com/listing/260543487/new-rose-shell-wood-bristle-paddle-brush?ref=shop_home_active_1) so pretty! :crush:

lapushka
December 14th, 2015, 03:19 PM
I totally folded for one of the new brushes (https://www.etsy.com/listing/260543487/new-rose-shell-wood-bristle-paddle-brush?ref=shop_home_active_1) so pretty! :crush:

Too bad they have balls on the end. :( That's a no-no for me!

earthybee
December 14th, 2015, 03:22 PM
My girls have a wood brush exactly like this but it's on it's last leg. I hope it's smooth like the current one we have it really helps our routine. :) we've had it so long I can't remember where I bought it from.

Alaska98
December 14th, 2015, 03:37 PM
Too bad they have balls on the end. :( That's a no-no for me!

I waaaant want because of the pretty, but I don't like the ball tips, either, and mine is just fine lol

lapushka
December 14th, 2015, 03:45 PM
I waaaant want because of the pretty, but I don't like the ball tips, either, and mine is just fine lol

Get another comb instead, esp. after what happened to the last one (sad :().

Alaska98
December 14th, 2015, 04:13 PM
I'm considering it. But I'm also considering the monthly box, too. :D

earthybee
December 14th, 2015, 04:52 PM
They have great discount code on Instagram. I picked up a new comb and brush only because of it. Oh I see its in the header too. The boar bristle brush in pink abstract is so pretty!

vpatt
December 17th, 2015, 05:01 AM
Has any one considered the side combs? I like using Goody side combs and I think these should be more hair friendly. But I am confused because the dimensions given are 4"X5 5/8". In the picture with the tape measure it shows the length at about 3 1/2" which seems about right. I just wondered if I am looking at something wrong. I love my assorted combs and decorative combs the I have from EIA.

Techmouse
January 23rd, 2016, 05:42 PM
My monthly box came today! I'm on cloud nine!
Now, I'm off to order the next box.

lapis_lazuli
January 23rd, 2016, 06:30 PM
Those are stunning combs, KittyBird and Morganaa! Checking out shop now... ;)

pastina
January 23rd, 2016, 06:48 PM
Monthly box?

Alaska98
January 23rd, 2016, 07:16 PM
Got my box today, too! I just got home from work so haven't tried any of the clips out, but I'm super excited about the comb (because you know I need more /sarcasm). I signed up for a 2 month sub. Kinda wish I'd done longer. :)

Techmouse
January 23rd, 2016, 09:34 PM
Monthly box?

See the link:
https://eternallyinamberbox.cratejoy.com

Techmouse
January 23rd, 2016, 09:36 PM
Got my box today, too! I just got home from work so haven't tried any of the clips out, but I'm super excited about the comb (because you know I need more /sarcasm). I signed up for a 2 month sub. Kinda wish I'd done longer. :)

What comb did you get? I got a round wide tooth comb in the pink abstract color, and I'm in love!

Alaska98
January 24th, 2016, 08:13 AM
I got the same. I like it because it feels more substantial than the wide tooth comb I purchased from the store. I also like the beak clip that came. The spring isn't very strong but it holds comfortably and is light weight. I've had problems with things pulling lately.

Techmouse
January 28th, 2016, 02:49 PM
Eternallyinamber is having their winter sale. 30% off any order over $10 and a free comb on orders over $50.

missrandie
January 28th, 2016, 07:12 PM
Well damn! I should have waited to order my combs!

Techmouse
January 28th, 2016, 09:25 PM
I had a similar reaction. On the plus side, my order should arrive tomorrow.

Techmouse
January 29th, 2016, 02:21 PM
It arrived. I love my new wide tooth comb and styling comb in black and gold granite.

Alaska98
February 1st, 2016, 07:50 AM
I was wanting to order, but 10 something shipping for 4 combs? I know she adjusted shipping a while back, but dang. It cost me 10 something when I shipped 2 sticks to Australia. I'm sure I'll buy eventually lol but I will be sad about shipping.

Arkadas
February 1st, 2016, 12:24 PM
wrong thread sorry.

hobbitlocks
February 5th, 2016, 03:28 PM
Thank you very much for the heads up a bit earlier in this thread about 30%. I've been lusting after new combs and decided to go for it with my discount. They came today and they are so beautiful. I got the scalloped comb in the light blue (https://www.etsy.com/transaction/1109412214) and the shampoo comb in the rose shell (https://www.etsy.com/transaction/1109412216). They feel very smooth and the blue color is even more beautiful than the picture!

Has anyone tried one of their boar bristle brush? They look pretty and I've been in the market for a new one (my mom used my old one on the dog... I tried to clean it, but I'm still looking to replace it when I get a chance!).

earthybee
February 17th, 2016, 03:31 PM
I went to buy a new comb because I lost mine and stumbled into a 40% off sale so I bought 2 instead. Just wanted to share.....err enable. :lol:

cocoahair
February 17th, 2016, 07:20 PM
Uh oh I may have to make my first purchase there...:lala:

Spinder
February 17th, 2016, 08:09 PM
Uhhh, is it just me, or have their prices gone through the roof??! The exact same scallop combs I bought months ago for about 10$ CAD each, are now almost twice the price at 18$ CAD, as are all the similar combs currently in the shop. Holy moly... good thing I got mine when I did I guess. Doesn't look like I'll be buying from them again, yikes.

Larki
February 17th, 2016, 09:16 PM
Uhhh, is it just me, or have their prices gone through the roof??! The exact same scallop combs I bought months ago for about 10$ CAD each, are now almost twice the price at 18$ CAD, as are all the similar combs currently in the shop. Holy moly... good thing I got mine when I did I guess. Doesn't look like I'll be buying from them again, yikes.
It is more expensive than it used to be, but that often happens with growing businesses. They have very frequent coupon codes. Right now it's 40% off actually.

Techmouse
February 17th, 2016, 10:29 PM
Also, the CAD is worth a lot less than the USD right now, and EIA is an American based shop. So the prices in CAD reflect the currency exchange rate as well.

Spinder
February 18th, 2016, 05:59 AM
I could understand an increase of two or three dollars or so, as has occurred with many of my other much loved shops, Canadian ones included, but almost doubling the prices seems extreme. It is not and illusion caused by exchange rates either, what was 8$ USD is now almost 14.50$ USD, which is still quite expensive in my honest opinion. What attracted me to them was the affordability and now that's basically gone bye-bye... I am sorely disappointed and saddened by this, but those are only my feelings. My opinions on the matter are of no consequence to anyone else.

earthybee
February 22nd, 2016, 09:44 AM
I'm so sorry Spinder. I just saw this now. For me the two combs I bought were the same price I paid before but 40% off. I received them today and included in my package was also a $5 off $15 coupon. It has to stink with conversions etc. too :grouphug:

Techmouse
February 23rd, 2016, 10:28 PM
EIA has 40% off any order over $25 until February 29.

Hailwidis
March 20th, 2016, 12:05 PM
Any advice for 2a/F/M/ii hair?

I'm new to LHC so I'm still full of bad habits that I intend to gradually overcome, when my budget permits it. At the moment, I'm still using my damaging plastic bristle hairbrush (occasionally, because I can hear my hair snap when I use it, so I do as much finger combing as possible).

I can't afford to get a nice new comb right away, but I'd like to work out what would work best for my hair type in advance so that I can place an order whenever I can set some money aside. I was thinking of getting an EternallyInAmber wide tooth comb, since my hair is wavy; but it's also relatively fine, so would that be overkill? Any advice appreciated.

I'll be keeping an eye to see if any other discounts come up. :) These are really pretty...

hobbitlocks
March 21st, 2016, 05:09 PM
Any advice for 2a/F/M/ii hair?

I'm new to LHC so I'm still full of bad habits that I intend to gradually overcome, when my budget permits it. At the moment, I'm still using my damaging plastic bristle hairbrush (occasionally, because I can hear my hair snap when I use it, so I do as much finger combing as possible).

I can't afford to get a nice new comb right away, but I'd like to work out what would work best for my hair type in advance so that I can place an order whenever I can set some money aside. I was thinking of getting an EternallyInAmber wide tooth comb, since my hair is wavy; but it's also relatively fine, so would that be overkill? Any advice appreciated.

I have slightly-straighter-than-2a fine hair and I'm still really liking the EIA comb I got in January. I have one of the scalloped detangling combs and have been using it consistently to detangle my hair since I got it. I don't miss my old brush at all!

Alaska98
April 1st, 2016, 08:38 AM
I received my March box today. There are some pretty cute things!

Alaska98
May 21st, 2016, 08:11 AM
Is anyone else signed up for the box? Curious if anyone's gotten a shipping notification yet.

Techmouse
May 21st, 2016, 11:42 PM
Yes. I received a shipping notice that the box shipped yesterday (Saturday).

Shepherdess
May 22nd, 2016, 02:42 AM
How do the subscription boxes work? Are different things in each one? Is there a way of knowing what you will get beforehand, or is it a surprise? I love the little comb I bought from there, so now I am very curious about the subscription boxes and others experiences with them. :D

Alaska98
May 22nd, 2016, 07:16 AM
I've only gotten 2, but you don't know beforehand, and each month is different.

I'm getting worried. I had canceled my subscription, but I guess I didn't do it quick enough and was billed shortly thereafter. I decided that was fine because I've really enjoyed the boxes but figured I didn't need them. I've not received a shipping confirmation, so I'm paranoid I've been billed and will receive nothing. I guess if I don't see a notification midweek I'll contact them.

adastra
June 10th, 2016, 01:27 PM
I just placed my first order with Eternally in Amber when they had their Memorial Day sale, and I'm really impressed. I got two wide-tooth combs and a bunch of hair accessories, and everything is very nice. The quality matches what I'm used to from department store bands, definitely a step above drugstore hair accessories. The combs are so smooth! And the patterns on everything are just lovely.

I decided to subscribe to the box because there is also currently a coupon for deluxe subscriptions. So I'll see what I think of getting new EIA goodies every couple of months.

Entangled
June 15th, 2016, 10:51 PM
Eternally in Amber no longer appears to be on Etsy! But I received a comb for Christmas and I love it!

Frankenstein
June 16th, 2016, 12:36 PM
My first EIA comb arrived today. I won't be using it until tonight when I wash my hair, but my first impression is a good one. I love the color, and it's smooth with not a seam or snag in sight. It is a bit more flimsy than the combs that I'm used to but hopefully that won't be a problem.

https://s31.postimg.org/d960dt3gb/Picture0616161422_1.jpg

Shepherdess
June 16th, 2016, 12:59 PM
My first EIA comb arrived today. I won't be using it until tonight when I wash my hair, but my first impression is a good one. I love the color, and it's smooth with not a seam or snag in sight. It is a bit more flimsy than the combs that I'm used to but hopefully that won't be a problem.

https://s31.postimg.org/d960dt3gb/Picture0616161422_1.jpg
That looks lovely!! These combs are so stunningly beautiful in their colors and smoothness! After I got my first travel size icy blue comb, I ordered a smaller travel comb that rainbow color for my mom, along with a bigger pink/green granite, so I am looking forward to receiving them!! :crush:

Frankenstein
June 18th, 2016, 12:49 AM
That looks lovely!! These combs are so stunningly beautiful in their colors and smoothness! After I got my first travel size icy blue comb, I ordered a smaller travel comb that rainbow color for my mom, along with a bigger pink/green granite, so I am looking forward to receiving them!! :crush:

I do love the colors :D

I have to say I think I really like this comb. It seems like an actual improvement over my old one; but does anyone else notice that it makes a swishing sound going through your hair? It's not a bad sound like breakage, but just something I'm not used to :lol:

Alaska98
August 3rd, 2016, 01:21 PM
So, did anyone get the July box? I am subscribed, but haven't gotten the shipping notification or anything?

Techmouse
August 4th, 2016, 12:38 PM
So, did anyone get the July box? I am subscribed, but haven't gotten the shipping notification or anything?

According to their Instagram page, the boxes went out a week ago. Do you get any other emails from EIA? If not, there could be a typo in the email address on your EIA subscription, or the emails could be landing in a "spam" folder. I've had issues with missing emails for both of the reasons I've mentioned.

GabrielleRose
March 16th, 2017, 11:43 AM
Is anyone subscribed to their email list? I just got an email that they now carry some hair care products.

Alaska98
May 10th, 2017, 06:25 PM
Has anyone tried the creams/oils?

gustavonut
November 27th, 2017, 02:34 AM
Eternallyinamber has their own site. I personally use their wide tooth detangling comb and love it. Have had it for a couple years now and it has always been great. The words on the front were unfortunately rubbed off over time but that doesn’t bother me as long as it never breaks or ruins my hair. But so far it does exactly as it claims. ;)

Alaska98
January 18th, 2018, 12:07 PM
Does anyone know what's going on with this store? Basically the only merchandise they have available is shirts and mugs. I asked on their Facebook page if they're going out of business, but of course got no reply.

Zesty
January 19th, 2018, 05:28 PM
Double post oops

Zesty
January 19th, 2018, 05:29 PM
Does anyone know what's going on with this store? Basically the only merchandise they have available is shirts and mugs. I asked on their Facebook page if they're going out of business, but of course got no reply.

I've wondered too. I grabbed a wide tooth comb before that section disappeared and now I'm glad I did.

Charjonesxoxo
January 22nd, 2018, 02:35 PM
Oh no they don’t exist anymore! Does anyone know if they have moved there shop to another site?

Lanalavallama
January 24th, 2018, 11:27 AM
Hmm, on 06th Jan I got an email from them. All products priced between $2-$5
Hope they are still around, though.

GabrielleRose
February 12th, 2018, 11:40 AM
The shop is back and has some pretty new combs. Sad to see they don't have any shampoo combs.

Wildcat Diva
October 15th, 2019, 09:39 AM
Not on ETSY, but they are BACK!!!
www.eternallyinambershop.com

desisparkles
November 26th, 2019, 12:04 PM
Well I overspent on some fancy seamless combs. They had a 30% off sale. Now I just got an email saying they are at 40% now. Maybe they'll be at 50 on Black Friday?

I should've waited but I thought the 30 was the actual BF sale :mad:

Anyway, they are pretty and very smooth. The detangling and wide tooth ones were a lot smaller than I imagined - no dimensions at all on their page - it made me leery but I took the leap. Here's a pic in case anybody else was interested. I love the rose shell pic - I used it yesterday and it indeed is perfectly seamless!!

https://i.imgur.com/MKt7sfF.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/dvAdI8D.jpg

Spinder
January 22nd, 2022, 01:22 PM
I got some scallop combs years ago and was looking at getting more from their site, but holy smokes, the exact same combs I got before are literally three times as expensive as they used to be. Now 30$ when they used to be like 10$. Sorry, but that's really disappointing, wanted to get some as gifts but I guess not.