PDA

View Full Version : One Year Anniversary! Photos!

queenofheartz44
July 27th, 2014, 12:31 AM
I cannot believe it has been a year! I have sort of let my activity go on here, as much as I love all the beautiful long hair, it does get hard to see the length I am not at yet. But there has been progress, that I think is pretty good!

Here are some braid waves:

http://i60.tinypic.com/rsd7nk.jpg

Random waves:

http://i61.tinypic.com/29brcl.jpg

One year later!

http://i59.tinypic.com/2uqoqvn.jpg

Front shot:

http://i61.tinypic.com/9kti5x.jpg

My starting length was around 19" in July of last year, it is 25" as of tonight! That is roughly an inch from BSL, where my starting length was barely skimming SL. :happydance: I saw the front pictures and was surprised at the growth around the front, I thought it was way less, so EXCITED!!

For the next year, my goal is more scalp massages (starting tonight) and getting back to and STICKING WITH my weekly deep conditioning treatments under my martian dryer haha. If I have to set reminders on my phone to do daily scalp massages and the weekly treatments then I will. Regimen: for this year: Weekly s/c with Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle shampoo & conditioner that I spiked with extra rosemary, tea tree & peppermint EOs. Trader Joe's Coconut Oil on my ends & length nightly-ish :wannabe: & weekly-ish deep conditioning treatments with EVOO spiked with rosemary, peppermint, tea tree & occasionally lavender EOs. I have cuticle scissors that work great for S&D's that stay in my nail kit (this way I can snip the buggers as I see them). I usually do a french braid at night after oiling to keep it from being nutso in the morning but every so often I just leave it down...i kinda like how it feels on my back...:o

Damage: I still do my relaxers every 12-14 weeks on the new growth, I have found that coating the length with oil (like olive oil) works as a mild barrier. Sort of how petroleum jelly protects your skin from hair dye stains by acting as a barrier. So far, I have noticed even less breakage in the length from doing this. I know, I know relaxers are lousy but I do love them so! I have gotten my flat iron use down to 3-4 times a month now instead of weekly with touch ups in the morning. I avoid the frizzy ends from sleeping by braiding my hair at night.:cool:

I've replaced other styling products with my coconut oil (and body lotions, face lotions etc.) and my hair loves it! Frizziness is down and the split ends are less of a bother.

Wow, this ended up being longer than I originally planned, I was just so excited to post this!

Sparklylady82
July 27th, 2014, 12:40 AM
Congratulations!!! That is amazing progress and I love your new bangs!

queenofheartz44
July 27th, 2014, 12:41 AM
Congratulations!!! That is amazing progress and I love your new bangs!

Thank you!! I love them too!!

Aurum
July 27th, 2014, 12:49 AM
Your growth is really noticeable from the front, congrats! The bangs are lovely. Keep doing what you're doing, girl. :cheese:

Janette17
July 27th, 2014, 01:01 AM
Your hair is beautiful!

gnome82
July 27th, 2014, 01:32 AM
Congratulations :D

MaryO
July 27th, 2014, 01:35 AM
Your hair looks great, love the fringe! :-) Congrats on the growth!

Tini'sNewHair
July 27th, 2014, 01:39 AM
Beautiful hair, congrats! It has grown heaps and you look great!!

Ambystoma
July 27th, 2014, 01:45 AM
Congrats! :)

Johannah
July 27th, 2014, 02:56 AM
Congratulations, beautiful hair! :blossom:

Scarlet_Celt
July 27th, 2014, 03:14 AM
Congrats on your progress as of 1 year of growing! Your hair looks really nice and I love the bangs on you.

Federica
July 27th, 2014, 04:28 AM
Congrats on your first LHC anniversary!
You hair has grown a lot, and I love your bangs!
Keep do what you're doing!

momschicklets
July 27th, 2014, 05:21 AM
Fabulous progress! Congrats...you look beautiful!

lapushka
July 27th, 2014, 06:23 AM
That is amazing growth, especially since I know a relaxer is at play. Well done! :D

two_wheels
July 27th, 2014, 06:30 AM
Anniversary-twin! That is really amazing progress, congratulations!

Skade
July 27th, 2014, 06:51 AM
Happy anniversary queenofheartz44! :blossom: Love your colour and shine!

jacqueline101
July 27th, 2014, 07:38 AM
I love the fringe and the growth has been great. Happy anniversary. I also love your waves.

chomsky
July 27th, 2014, 07:42 AM
Happy anniversary and congratulations on the growth, it looks great! :o

lunalocks
July 27th, 2014, 08:26 AM
congrats! Great growth! and I like the bangs, too.

queenofheartz44
July 27th, 2014, 08:49 AM
Your growth is really noticeable from the front, congrats! The bangs are lovely. Keep doing what you're doing, girl. :cheese:
I saw that too, so surprised!

queenofheartz44
July 27th, 2014, 08:50 AM
I love the fringe and the growth has been great. Happy anniversary. I also love your waves.

Thank you jacqueline, the waves keep me from using the flat iron more often.

queenofheartz44
July 27th, 2014, 08:51 AM
Happy anniversary queenofheartz44! :blossom: Love your colour and shine!

Thank you! I did a couple of henna applications & would like to do more. Unfortunately my seller jacked the price up on it from $12 to $20! I don't know if I can afford that haha.

queenofheartz44
July 27th, 2014, 08:52 AM
Anniversary-twin! That is really amazing progress, congratulations!

Hi twin! I can't believe how long your hair has gotten too!

queenofheartz44
July 27th, 2014, 08:59 AM
That is amazing growth, especially since I know a relaxer is at play. Well done! :D

Cue happy dance....:happydance: thank you so much! I am determined to show people that you CAN have healthy relaxed hair if you pay attention to what you are doing. I had them done first done when I was 9 and then I took them over at 12 and have been doing them ever since. I can get the things on quick now haha! Don't get me wrong there have been many times that I should have been bald (example, relaxer AND hair dye within 2 days of each other), as well an encounter with a bad batch that cost $200 at the salon to fix. It melted.my.hair.

I do get a little nervous doing them but the brand I use has been great so far.

queenofheartz44
July 27th, 2014, 08:59 AM

Cue happy dance....:happydance: thank you so much! I am determined to show people that you CAN have healthy relaxed hair if you pay attention to what you are doing. I had them done first done when I was 9 and then I took them over at 12 and have been doing them ever since. I can get the things on quick now haha! Don't get me wrong there have been many times that I should have been bald (example, relaxer AND hair dye within 2 days of each other), as well an encounter with a bad batch that cost $200 at the salon to fix. It melted.my.hair.

I do get a little nervous doing them but the brand I use has been great so far.

queenofheartz44
July 27th, 2014, 09:01 AM
Congrats on your first LHC anniversary!
You hair has grown a lot, and I love your bangs!
Keep do what you're doing!

Thank you, there are times when I look at it or touch it and I'm like "where did all of this come from??" I no longer have the urge to chop my hair back to a bob either!!

jacqueline101
July 27th, 2014, 11:33 AM
Thank you jacqueline, the waves keep me from using the flat iron more often.

You're welcome

RapunzelKat
July 27th, 2014, 11:47 AM
Looking good, queenofheartz44! The bangs really suite you :)
Congrats on the anniversary, and on your great growth! :cheer:

queenofheartz44
July 27th, 2014, 11:50 AM
Thanks RapunzelKat ! I really love my bangs, even if I have to trim them weekly haha!

NatNat
July 27th, 2014, 12:18 PM
Beautiful hair!

browneyedsusan
July 31st, 2014, 05:32 AM
It's gorgeous, queenofheartz44!
You've made excellent progress! (I understand about seeing all sorts of enviable length here. I had a bad case of "bun envy" right around shoulder length.)
Your hair looks fantastic. Keep up the good work! :thumbsup:

queenofheartz44
July 31st, 2014, 08:20 PM
It's gorgeous, queenofheartz44!
You've made excellent progress! (I understand about seeing all sorts of enviable length here. I had a bad case of "bun envy" right around shoulder length.)
Your hair looks fantastic. Keep up the good work! :thumbsup:

I get braid envy over on the braid thread quite often, I would love to learn how to do them. I also really want to learn how to use hair sticks but I'm not sure if my hair is long enough yet.

browneyedsusan
August 1st, 2014, 05:41 AM
I get braid envy over on the braid thread quite often, I would love to learn how to do them. I also really want to learn how to use hair sticks but I'm not sure if my hair is long enough yet.

You can totally make a disc bun (https://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=Ains3MN6.9UvyXQCy88n.f6bvZx4?p=disc+bu n+tutorial&toggle=1&cop=mss&ei=UTF-8&fr=yfp-t-901&fp=1)! (Wrap around one or two fingers on the first pass, and keep your thumb close to your other fingers. You'll want to keep the loops smaller because you don't have as much length to work with. You'll have to mess around with it. Your hair looks pretty thick, and mine is thin; but I'll bet you can get it accomplished!) A lazy wrap bun or French twist (https://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=Ains3MN6.9UvyXQCy88n.f6bvZx4?p=disc+bu n+tutorial&toggle=1&cop=mss&ei=UTF-8&fr=yfp-t-901&fp=1) might also be do-able. :)

ETA: Thanks, LauraLongLocks for the lazy wrap bun/disc bun tutorial!