PDA

View Full Version : Just realized that I've never had "long hair"

PossibleMermaid
July 25th, 2014, 08:48 PM
So I've rocked a pixie for about two years, and before that I had a bob, but it just struck me that I've never had hair longer that collar bone length. Even when I was a little girl, my mother kept my hair around my shoulders. I think this is the longest my hair has EVER been:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/t1.0-9/1918400_1246175244867_5556869_n.jpg (Ew a picture of me freshman year of highschool...)

Just a weird realization I had today. Well I want long hair now, for the first time EVER. :)

Shibe
July 25th, 2014, 08:59 PM
Long hair will look great on you!

Also, hello fellow Floridian!!

spirals
July 25th, 2014, 10:38 PM
I think it's a pretty common occurrence. Mine's at waist, which I don't really consider long. The last time it was this long was high school, and before that when I was 4. It's never been longer than waist.

SkyChild
July 25th, 2014, 11:59 PM
Me too, my hair's longer than it's ever been.
I love your forum name and your avatar pic btw.
You'll suit long hair, you can tell

jacqueline101
July 26th, 2014, 05:05 AM
Even at my length I don't consider my hair long. Since joining my hair is the longest it's ever been.

Johannah
July 26th, 2014, 05:38 AM
I always thought I had extremely long hair when I was a child, at least it felt that way. When I look at pictures I realize my hair never was that long as I thought. My hair is almost at hip and it has never been this long. Amazing feeling :p

Agnes Hannah
July 26th, 2014, 11:11 AM
Yep, me too, my hair has never been as long as it is right now, almost waist!!

StellaKatherine
July 26th, 2014, 11:27 AM
At TBL I still don't consider my hair long, but then again I always had it long in a normal world standards ;) I think long hair will look awesome on you!!! Good luck on your journey! Just don't cut it and it will grow :cheer:

Nadine <3
July 26th, 2014, 02:22 PM
My hair is inching past APL and it's the longest it's ever been...Feels good!

chen bao jun
July 26th, 2014, 04:10 PM
I also have the longest hair I've ever had and hope it grows even longer.
It's been this long before when straightened but never when unstraightened (and I have a decent amount of shrinkage).

pixldust
July 26th, 2014, 04:44 PM
I've never had long hair before either. As far as I can remember it's never been longer than it is now. It's quite exciting isn't it, I hope you enjoy growing it :)

molljo
July 27th, 2014, 11:37 AM
The longest my hair's ever been was APL-ish, for about a year in high school. My mom kept me in a perma-bob for my entire childhood, and I let it grow as a young teen, then chopped it off to yet another bob, and it's just been in a series of pixie to shoulder yoyos ever since. My hair length right now is when I tend to chop it off, and since it's been 12 years since it's been longer than this I'm really looking forward to the journey and new experiences of being a real longhair.

RileyJane
July 27th, 2014, 04:15 PM
Hehe get ready for hair-arexia; when your hair IS long, but still looks short to you XD happy growing!

Alarice
July 27th, 2014, 04:26 PM
I had the opposite upbringing; my hair was always long as a child and beyond because I was not allowed to cut it. (Although there was that period in high school where I more-or-less gave my hair subtle layers without permission--I saw pictures of that recently and felt silly realizing that I completely forgot I did that, lol.) Good luck growing yours out!

LongHairTalk
July 27th, 2014, 04:35 PM
I have never had hair longer than APL-ish. About a year ago, my hair brushed my back (BSL), and although my hair care practices were pretty great compared to past years, I was still chemically processing my hair. I didn't even own hair shears!

Mostly, the reason my hair never made it past BSL was because there was so much damage from chemical treatments, my hair broke off at the ends, even though I never used heat. Also, because I depended on someone else to cut my hair, I was never gaining any length since they would cut more than was required.
Once, I went from APL to about shoulder for the summer, when all I had asked for was for a trim.

moontree
July 27th, 2014, 07:42 PM
I've never been a 'long' hair either! I would let it grow to about BSL, and then feel like I'd damaged it too much (bleach and dye and bleach and dye...) and chop it off to my chin. I could never stay with a certain style or color for long without getting unbearably bored of it and changing it again. Part of my new resolution to myself has been to just let it grow. My hair goal is just to get it longer than its ever been! And then hopefully see how long I can get it, but I know my worst enemy is my own tendency to be changeable...

browneyedsusan
July 28th, 2014, 12:12 PM
Me too!
Shoulder or shorter until I found TLHC. :)