PDA

View Full Version : So close! So close!

salamander
September 20th, 2008, 10:35 AM
If I comb my hair out then all I have to do is lean my head back--not even all the way--and I can feel my ends brushing my goal on my lower back. I'm so excited! When my hair isn't brushed out it practically climbs up my back, so I spend a lot of time feeling like it isn't getting longer, but I combed it out this morning to wash it, and before I got into the shower I noticed that I really am close! Oh, man, this is so awesome. It feels like your hair will never, ever grow, until one day you notice you're nearly at a goal!

prosperina
September 20th, 2008, 10:42 AM
My hair does that. When it needs to be combed (which seems to happen all the time when it's down) it looks so much shorter. Glad to hear yours is growing--mine is too but so *slowly*. It's a bit annoying, really.

SarieQ
September 20th, 2008, 12:09 PM
My hair does this same exact thing. I've had to learn not to get discouraged and just guage the length when it's wet or right after brushing. It can be depressing when it feels like there's no progress being made.

jastark84
September 20th, 2008, 12:36 PM
I'm like that as well. I keep my hair bunned or bunned and braided all the time, and jsut the other day I took it down to comb it out like usual before washing, and I just noticed that it just brushes my elbows when it's down! I gets me in a great mood!

Arctic_Mama
September 21st, 2008, 05:11 AM
Congratulations on being so close to your goal. It's such a good feeling, isn't it?

spidermom
September 21st, 2008, 10:09 AM
Good news; I'm happy for you.

Nes
September 21st, 2008, 11:46 AM
I know just how you feel.

When I shower for some reason it seems so much longer, When the water is running over it, I can almost believe it's at TB, and then it dries and waves up and suddenly back to waist again.

It is strange though how it seems the same length for ages, and then one day it seems like it grew 3 inches when you wern't looking!

Sneaky stealth growing hair...

Nes x

Amara
September 21st, 2008, 11:56 AM
We share the same goal, and I'm also only a couple inches away! Woot!!!!

I do the same thing with tilting my head back to pretend for a second like I'm there. :D

soleluna
September 21st, 2008, 11:58 AM
Congrats! ;)

I do the same thing!

eml298
September 21st, 2008, 01:32 PM
:cheese: Yay! That's so exciting!

I know the feeling. I've got pretty curly hair, and I wear it up more often than not. So, every once in a while, I get that surprise of my hair being longer than I remembered. Yesterday, I had on a short sleeve shirt and was wearing my hair down. Suddenly, I felt something brushing my arm near my elbow and realized it was my hair. Woo-hoo!