PDA

View Full Version : Checking In

Aingeal
July 25th, 2014, 04:37 PM
Hey everyone! I've been pretty absent for the past couple of months. After my big chop, I decided to focus a little less on how long my hair was and just enjoy it! I don't regret losing the length one bit. My hair hasn't been this healthy in many years. I used to have to s&d at least once a week. I haven't found ONE split in over two months now. I used to have to oil all the time. Now, just as a pre poo. I'm so pleased I decided to do it. As of now, bunning is still a bit difficult. My hair is BSL stretched now, and even LWB are still tough. We shall see when they get easier. For now, I'm using the curly girl method (I'm almost 100% silicone free now) and am now starting to stretch my washes and styles. Here are some pics!

This is from about a year ago at the start of my journey to healthy hair. Note the halo of frizz, bleached hair, and strands that refused to curl because of the damage.

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff27/thevictorious6/1379130294_zps865b6804.jpg

Now: Hennaed hair that has had eight inches chopped

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff27/thevictorious6/Mobile%20Uploads/1404617601_zps9392cecd.jpg

There is even a huge difference in my curl. Check out my pineappled hair.

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff27/thevictorious6/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps7fab5720.jpg

So pleased with how far my hair has come. I still have some ends that need to be chopped. The last of the bleached hair. But it's so much healthier and happier. :) Now I can really get some good growth going. Although I'm actually able to enjoy this length now rather than just hiding my hair like I did all year last year.

BonnieU
July 25th, 2014, 04:57 PM
Your hair is gorgeous! And what a difference in the curls! Just goes to show you that when your hair is healthier, the curls love it! Congrats on a great chop decision :D

Larki
July 25th, 2014, 04:59 PM
Oh my gosh, your hair is amazing! The henna color looks so natural, too!

leilani
July 25th, 2014, 05:06 PM
Color and curls are so amazing, who needs long long length? It's stunning already.

DaniJoy
July 25th, 2014, 05:06 PM
Wow, what a huge difference! Your curls are wonderful and your hair looks so healthy and happy. I second that the henna looks natural.

Aingeal
July 25th, 2014, 05:19 PM
Blush!!! Thank you!!!! I tried to get the henna the color my natural hair was when I was younger (it's now faded to a light brown.) I have considered going a bit shorter with my hair instead longer. Decisions decisions!

AmberlynAsh
July 25th, 2014, 05:40 PM
The Henna color looks great with your eye color! Stunning!!

thistledown
July 25th, 2014, 06:25 PM
It looks glorious! :)

Aingeal
July 25th, 2014, 08:37 PM
Thank you!!!

RapunzelKat
July 25th, 2014, 11:55 PM
Gorgeous, Aingeal! It looks great, definitely worth the loss of length.

jacqueline101
July 26th, 2014, 05:09 AM
Your hair looks lovely and the curls are perfect. They do look more healthier.

Tini'sNewHair
July 26th, 2014, 05:16 AM
Wow!!! Simply stunning! ! I also did a huge chop and never looked back, my hair now is showing the benefits. Its so much easier. I envy those amazing gorgeous curls of yours :)

browneyedsusan
July 26th, 2014, 05:37 AM
Love that henna on you, and the haircut was worth it, big time! Your hair looks spectacular! Keep it up! :thumbsup: