PDA

View Full Version : Hair Compliments

MissPetite2010
July 24th, 2014, 11:14 PM
Was working the other day at my job, and I hardly ever have my hair down at work. Well, a co-worker said, "I didn't realize your hair was that long. You usually have it up." So, it's nice getting more hair compliments, now that I've gained more hair length, and an occasional, your hair is pretty, and your hair is pretty long, from customers. Although, having naturally wavy/curly hair can be a pain in the arse at times. lol Anyway, would love to hear everyone else's hair compliments. I'm just glad I'm right about the point of where my hair length used to be. Even though I have bangs this time around. :)

trolleypup
July 25th, 2014, 07:02 PM
Had a genuine stopped in their tracks incoherent stunned by the hair yesterday walking into the train station. I hope she didn't feel too bad after I said thank you and walked off.

Sarahlabyrinth
July 25th, 2014, 07:06 PM
Had a genuine stopped in their tracks incoherent stunned by the hair yesterday walking into the train station. I hope she didn't feel too bad after I said thank you and walked off.

Ha! That would have been fun, Trolleypup!

Agnesagnes
July 25th, 2014, 07:12 PM
I rarely get compliments on my hair, hehe. People only tell me it smells nice sometimes :)

ExpectoPatronum
July 25th, 2014, 07:47 PM
I get the most compliments on my hair whenever I braid if hunger games style. I find it funny because it's not a complicated style at all.

Marbid
July 25th, 2014, 08:27 PM
I get compliments on my braids too... But never on my hair down... People ussually say its dry because of my hair texture and the fact that i brush out my curls... Kinda annoying because my hair is not really dry.. But whatevs... I dont go contesting the state of my hair to random people who dont really care..

Just the compliments on my braids is enough to make me blush and giggle with pride... Lol..

MissPetite2010
July 25th, 2014, 10:36 PM
Love hearing everyone's hair stories/compliments. I usually don't wear braids that often. Sometimes, when I go to bed. Most of the time at work, my hair is either in a half ponytail, ponytail, or headband. Most of the time at home it's up in a bun. Anyway, I know it's nice to get compliments from time to time, especially with the hair growing out process. Gives a small glimmer of hope, that hair is close to goal length or hair that's already the length u want it to be. Either way, it's a nice boost or pick me up, when the growth process can take soo long...

jacqueline101
July 26th, 2014, 05:19 AM
I got a compliment the other day I had my hair down and was doing house work. My man said a certain ways I held my head it brushed my waist. I heard the same thing earlier that day from my brother.

Johannah
July 26th, 2014, 05:37 AM
People give me compliments on my hair toys, especially flexi's. I wear my hair up all the time, so they don't know if it's long or not. I can't wait until I've reached my goal and I'm going to wear my hair down and see peoples faces :p

Hopeful65
November 20th, 2015, 11:29 AM
I get a compliment about my hair almost every time I go somewhere. I find this to be kind of funny. I don't think my hair is 'all that'. I think it is rather thin myself. But I'm always having total strangers say something regarding my hair. My husband witnesses this, and jokes about how he can't take me anywhere.
The whole funny part about it is, I used to do so much to my hair in an effort to make it look good. I bleached it, dyed it, curled it, sprayed it.. no one cared. Now I have it totally grown out virgin hair, and I don't even so much as put a hair dryer to it, and I get compliments.
I hear words such as gorgeous, beautiful, pretty... I just say thank you, but I walk away wondering 'what is it that people seem to notice?' So I asked my husband. He said it's the color. And since then I've had a few people tell me it was the color.
So, the one thing I worry most about seems to be what other's think looks nice. The one thing I used to try to change and cover up.

Sweets
November 20th, 2015, 12:34 PM
I've gotten compliments lately on my hair - the color and cut/style. I have dirt brown hair and I'm awkwardly growing out a pixie with headbands to detract from the mess. :confused: Oh well, I'll take it!

hennalonghair
November 20th, 2015, 08:47 PM
I've been growing out hennaed hair so have some frustration with it because my virgin hair is silver and grey. In my frustration my DH turns to me and says, " your hair looks better on a bad hair day than most people's looks on a good hair day." And even though I know it's not true I thought it was the sweetest hair compliment I've ever received.
My guy can be so sweet :inlove: :crush: :heartbeat:

turtlelover
November 20th, 2015, 09:10 PM
A teenage daughter of a friend of mine told me this week when she was playing w/ my hair that I have some of the prettiest, silkiest hair she's ever seen. I don't see my hair as all that spectacular, but it was a nice compliment!

Lisa Long4Life
November 21st, 2015, 06:57 AM
I arrived at work with my hair down the other day and a colleague spoke to me in the bathroom how it fascinated her to watch me put my hair up in a bun, and she complimented me on how healthy & shiny it looks :)
So that was nice.

missrandie
November 21st, 2015, 08:41 AM
My husband's friend complimented my hair the other day, telling me that it was looking much longer and that he thought it was pretty.. It made my day :)

czech it out
November 21st, 2015, 09:30 AM
I've been growing out hennaed hair so have some frustration with it because my virgin hair is silver and grey. In my frustration my DH turns to me and says, " your hair looks better on a bad hair day than most people's looks on a good hair day." And even though I know it's not true I thought it was the sweetest hair compliment I've ever received.
My guy can be so sweet :inlove: :crush: :heartbeat:

So sweet and I'm sure it's true too! We are always our own biggest critics.

One "hair compliment" I had was when a coworker called me over one day at work. He was having a conversation with a few people from a different department about hair and wanted them to see how long mine was. Maybe not a direct compliment, but I thought it was neat to be the resident ogle-worthy hair lady in my department.

I also get a lot of the "my hair used to be as healthy/long as yours" or alternately "my hair won't ever be as healthy/long as yours" comments from strangers. I don't give advice unless people ask but I mostly get these from people who have clearly put their locks through the ringer with dye, bleach, and heat styling. Gotta be good to your hair for it to be good back!

Arctic
November 21st, 2015, 09:39 AM
I got few compliments of my updo today. I had done a combination of edwardian twists and Arctic's Braid (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=132400), and it did look nice to my own eye too.

VisionOne
November 21st, 2015, 10:19 AM
I mostly get the "OMG, your hair has gotten so long!" comment, which mostly is meant to be a comment. And some of friends often says that my hair feels soft and looks super thick (which is not really true, but my waves gives freshly washed hair volume). But this week a friend of mine said: "The lion's mane is out!" When I took down my cinnabun in class. I decided to take it as a compliment.

Oh, and two of my classmates commented that my new, brown claw clips looked nice with my 'blonette' hair color.

ExpectoPatronum
November 21st, 2015, 10:40 AM
I get a lot of compliments on my hair texture, sometimes multiple compliments a day if I'm out running a few errands! It's actually really helped me grow to like my own hair texture.

missblueeyes
November 21st, 2015, 10:44 AM
I got a really nice compliment from a friend the other day. She introduced me to a friend of hers by saying "that's the girl with the beautiful, long hair". :crush:

goneJackal
November 21st, 2015, 11:56 AM
I don't get many compliments about it.

Sometimes people say something good about my hair, and immediately tell me to donate it.
How can that be a compliment? "I like your hair! You should cut it!"

Besides that, I get many confused stares from children. http://www.felipesv.com/forum/k_gargalhada.gif

Agnes Hannah
November 21st, 2015, 12:06 PM
I have had some compliments and that feels really good especially after I was told to Glam up a couple of weeks ago.

Amenahh
November 21st, 2015, 01:52 PM
I liked reading your hair compliments :)
I dont get many now, as my hair is at an awkard shoulder length stage.

But after oiling and washing my hair, a friend commented that it was 'sooo shiny' :)

embee
November 21st, 2015, 04:23 PM
The other day an older lady asked me how long my hair was. She'd been sitting behind me and noticed my bun, and was envious. I can just sit on the fairytale ends of my hair. I saw she had her hair (gray and rather thin) pulled back and it was bobbypinned up in a little twist, flat against her head. When I told her how long my hair was she said that explained how I could have a bun, a real bun. Her hair - which she wants to bun - is only just between her shoulderblades. (No wonder the little twist was small and flat.) Then she wanted to know how often I trimmed and I said I'd been growing since 1990, and had one cut in 2005. She was speechless, shocked. :)

She goes for trims like every month or so, no wonder her hair isn't longer.

I think the whole conversation was a compliment.

Sarahlabyrinth
November 21st, 2015, 04:36 PM
I had braid waves in my hair in church this morning and a lady came up to me, took some of my hair in her hand, told me it looked lovely and asked if it was all mine.... :)

chen bao jun
November 21st, 2015, 06:25 PM
The other day an older lady asked me how long my hair was. She'd been sitting behind me and noticed my bun, and was envious. I can just sit on the fairytale ends of my hair. I saw she had her hair (gray and rather thin) pulled back and it was bobbypinned up in a little twist, flat against her head. When I told her how long my hair was she said that explained how I could have a bun, a real bun. Her hair - which she wants to bun - is only just between her shoulderblades. (No wonder the little twist was small and flat.) Then she wanted to know how often I trimmed and I said I'd been growing since 1990, and had one cut in 2005. She was speechless, shocked. :)

She goes for trims like every month or so, no wonder her hair isn't longer.

I think the whole conversation was a compliment.

You did a good deed. Maybe she can grow her long even if it is grey and thin (there are some members on here whose hair could be described like that and yet their hair is very pretty). It would be nice if she can get her dream now. I understand how ladies who are older would love to finally get their hair dreams (I have hair dreams and I know my mom does too, and she's 84)....

hennalonghair
November 21st, 2015, 07:30 PM
I had braid waves in my hair in church this morning and a lady came up to me, took some of my hair in her hand, told me it looked lovely and asked if it was all mine.... :)

You should have said "No it's my sisters." :lol:

Robi-Bird
November 21st, 2015, 07:35 PM
I saw an old colleague for the first time with my hair down and she was speechless. It's only mbl but comparedon't to when I worked with her there's a lot more of it. I was pleased.

gthlvrmx
November 21st, 2015, 09:01 PM
I got complimented on my facial hair the other day (specifically my beard). The other person said it was very shiny :) So it's not top of my head compliment, but it's a hair compliment!

turtlelover
November 21st, 2015, 09:42 PM
Today at lunch, someone told me my hair is sooooo long and it grows soooooo fast. It is APL and grows a half inch per month! HAHAHAHAHA

Sarahlabyrinth
November 21st, 2015, 09:54 PM
You should have said "No it's my sisters." :lol:

Haha, yes, I should have said I borrowed it for the day.

Loktra
November 22nd, 2015, 01:48 AM
When I got my hair cut short about a month ago, the hairdresser wouldn't stop gushing about how healthy it was and asking about my routine. It was fun.

Frankenstein
November 22nd, 2015, 08:27 AM
I used to get a lot of compliments when I was classic with fairytale ends. Now at BCL with a blunt hemline, not as much. Although every time I get a trim, I go somewhere immediately afterwards and someone says I have beautiful hair. Just after a trim though, this has happened consistently. It's kind of funny :lol:

czech it out
November 22nd, 2015, 08:46 AM
I don't get many compliments about it.

Sometimes people say something good about my hair, and immediately tell me to donate it.
How can that be a compliment? "I like your hair! You should cut it!"

Besides that, I get many confused stares from children. http://www.felipesv.com/forum/k_gargalhada.gif

That's so hard to believe gonejackal! Your hair is amazing!

goneJackal
November 22nd, 2015, 09:42 AM
That's so hard to believe gonejackal! Your hair is amazing!

Thank you!
To be fair, it happens sometimes, but almost always with the donation quote, and then I don't feel flattered at all. Should I?

This year I remember once getting a compliment, from a former girlfriend.
She said my hair was very shiny. I remember it because she used to hate my hair.

TatsuOni
November 22nd, 2015, 10:26 AM
I often get compliments about my hair when it's getting dirty... People tell me it look's so shiny and beautiful. If only they knew the reason why:gabigrin: I also get compliments when I have to redo my updo, because that's when people see the lenght and how shiny it is.

Hairkay
November 22nd, 2015, 12:55 PM
I've been complemented when my hair has just been washed. It's at its shiniest then and super shrinky curly.

trolleypup
November 23rd, 2015, 09:40 PM
Sitting at the bar with Dianyla, a woman sitting at a nearby table came over and gushed about my hair, and also remarked to Dianyla that "I can see from your bun that you are in the running too!" Why is it that people approach you when you are...ummm...past due...for a wash? Anyway, nice!

RavenMane
November 24th, 2015, 02:09 PM
My best friend's sister is a cosmetologist, and a bunch of us girls were chatting about hair. The sister was feeling one friend's hair and said it felt pretty healthy. I asked her how mine was and my friend said "You've never had anything BUT healthy pretty hair". That was a lovely thing to hear from a sweet friend. I also like it when my mom says my hair is getting sooo long, or that it's really shiny (usually after an ACV rinse).
And finally, a realtor I didn't know was showing the place I was renting to some people. I was leaving as they were walking in, and the realtor said "oh, this raven-haired goddess is the current renter" ummm, can you say BLUSHING?! Gee thanks! And thanks for the name inspiration :)