PDA

View Full Version : Overanalyzing Hair

Aurum
July 24th, 2014, 05:36 PM
When you really think about it, hair is weird.

Just consider what hair actually is. You've got what is essentially string coming out of your head. Its properties can be changed just with the application of chemicals/heat/oil/water/etc. Who first decided that it was a good idea to apply those things to something growing out of our bodies, anyway? And why?
We, as human beings, judge each other on how we do or don't care for our head fibers, which seems extremely arbitrary to me (Although, this is why I love LHC -- we've got such a non-judgemental crowd).
Then, think about when you shed hair. That little guy has been chilling in your scalp for x amount of years, enjoying all of your care and devotion until -- bam. He decides to jump out and make a break for it. I can just imagine the emoticon-esque look on his face as he travels the final journey to the floor.

Isn't it funny how strange something commonplace can seem when you overanalyze it? :ponder:

MeowScat
July 24th, 2014, 09:08 PM
I've thought about this too and it weirds me out a little if I think about it too much. Same thing goes for fingernails and toe nails...they're always growing. Weird.