PDA

View Full Version : question for those of you who notice/look at your shed hairs

mamaherrera
July 24th, 2014, 01:49 AM
I notice, every once in a while, these "sickly" looking hairs, that are not just normal shed "baby hairs", but short, lighter in color, and way thinner. :luke: And it turmoils me a bit, because I don't know if it's normal. If it's normal, cool. But I don't know if anyone else has noticed these hairs, it' not an every day thing or an every month thing, but every once in a while I notice. LIke tonight I was combing my bangs, and this "light" brown, thin, krinkly and short hair came out, nothing else. And my hair is dark brown. Thinner than my temple baby hairs. Just wondering, again, if anyone has noticed them and I hope they are benign in the fact of meaning a "problem." Thanks for sharing, noticing, etc.
andrea

Aurelinchen
July 24th, 2014, 04:23 AM
Well' pretty thin hair in general, but I also have hairs that differ in thickness.
I suppose thinner hair is a bit more sensitive to manipulation, so perhaps that's why you see them break more often.:confused:
I've never noticed that thin hair look worse n quality than the thicker ones.

XcaliburGirl
July 24th, 2014, 05:22 AM
I've had a couple light-colored weak hairs like that. I also have some lighter strands that are normal thickness. I thought maybe those were losing their pigment to go gray, but that hasn't really happened.

I wouldn't worry unless it becomes a significant percentage of hair.

Entangled
July 24th, 2014, 07:32 AM
For me, those are the finer and thinner hairs at my temples. They look much sicklier compared to the rest of my medium and course hair.

lapushka
July 24th, 2014, 07:42 AM
Don't worry. It's normal. You have on your head hairs of different texture, and depending on where those hairs are, they are thinner and weaker or thicker. Don't fret about the tiny stuff. ;)

lilin
July 24th, 2014, 12:02 PM
I'd say normal. I have some baby hairs at my hairline, mostly by the temples, that never get more than 2 or 3 inches long and are very fine. They've always been there. Baby hairs that never quite grew up I guess. :D

Duchess Fuzzy Buns
July 24th, 2014, 12:10 PM
I get some like that too, and every now and then I get some that are really really wirey and course. I think it's normal to have a mix of textures/thicknesses.

mamaherrera
July 24th, 2014, 01:26 PM
Thanks everyone. I too get those really blond, thick hairs in my dark brown hair, Instead of those ones turning white, other ones do!! Thanks everyone, like I said, when you read things on the internet about hairloss (as I shed for a long time) you find out way too much info and start looking and analyzing every little hair. My husband has found some thin/tiny sickly looking hairs on my scalp ( on top or whereever) but now where you'd imagined they should be. But he says some hairs just come out bad (stress/malnutrition) but that it doesn't always mean the worst! Thanks for your time.

Majorane
July 24th, 2014, 01:42 PM
I just wanna add, I have some sad sickly thin crinckly hairs too and not just on the hairline. They live everywhere. As long as they're not with many, I don't mind them. But shedding is very frustrating, I hope yours stops soon. It sucks seeing your hair falling out. :(

mamaherrera
July 24th, 2014, 02:11 PM
Thanks Majorane, so someone has seen these hairs elsewhere besides hairline. Ok , so maybe it's just normal and most people don't notice them. For me it's easy to spot them as my hair is medium/coarse, so they are very distinct to my normal hairs. Like you said, as long as I don't notice tons of them. I've had days where I've seen 5 of them shed, but then many days where I see none, but like my husband said, they're throughout the head, not just one area, and they're far and few between.

Shibe
July 24th, 2014, 02:13 PM
I notice, every once in a while, these "sickly" looking hairs, that are not just normal shed "baby hairs", but short, lighter in color, and way thinner. :luke: And it turmoils me a bit, because I don't know if it's normal. If it's normal, cool. But I don't know if anyone else has noticed these hairs, it' not an every day thing or an every month thing, but every once in a while I notice. LIke tonight I was combing my bangs, and this "light" brown, thin, krinkly and short hair came out, nothing else. And my hair is dark brown. Thinner than my temple baby hairs. Just wondering, again, if anyone has noticed them and I hope they are benign in the fact of meaning a "problem." Thanks for sharing, noticing, etc.
andrea

Are you talking about the hairs that are almost invisible, and lacking in color? I can tell if a hair has shed and is just tangled up if it looks like that.

They look stunted, and insanely thin.

mamaherrera
July 24th, 2014, 02:57 PM
so you have these also???? they drive me nuts!

Are you talking about the hairs that are almost invisible, and lacking in color? I can tell if a hair has shed and is just tangled up if it looks like that.

They look stunted, and insanely thin.

mamaherrera
July 24th, 2014, 03:14 PM
and I also see these short shed hairs (pigmented well) but like 1/2 an inch, they curl up and make little circle's, I don't know if they're from the neck, the shortest ones, and the forehead, the shortest ones that just never grow more than 1/2 an inch. Am I just looking too close, cuz many people say no, I don't have these, but do they have these and they never see them?

Larki
July 24th, 2014, 04:15 PM
I don't have any lighter hairs (I suppose because my hair is pretty light to begin with), but I do have quite a few hairs that are coarse and rough, krinkly.

molljo
July 24th, 2014, 05:11 PM
I get these, too, from all parts of my scalp. Like you say, they're very fine, pale, crinkly, and just look kind of sickly. I have medium textured dark brown hair, but these hairs make up most of my sheds. I usually just think "good riddance", honestly. They weren't strong enough to make it in the big leagues, lol.

mamaherrera
July 24th, 2014, 06:06 PM
Thanks Mojito for sharing. so I"m not just the odd one out with a problem. My mom always says they were sick hairs. I like the way you take them or the way you think about them. Better than me, who worries about them. Good attitude you have, now I need to calm down about it. Thanks again for sharing!! I think too, wow I almost had a blonde hair. .. they're golden in color, but like you said, sickly-looking. We're definitely talking about the same kinds of hairs!! And yes, they come from all parts of the scalp!! :popcorn:

I get these, too, from all parts of my scalp. Like you say, they're very fine, pale, crinkly, and just look kind of sickly. I have medium textured dark brown hair, but these hairs make up most of my sheds. I usually just think "good riddance", honestly. They weren't strong enough to make it in the big leagues, lol.

majesticgoldenr
July 24th, 2014, 10:52 PM
I can ask a stupid question, right?

Usually, I lose at max. 20 hairs in a day, say on a wash day. But lately (for a few days) I seem to be loosing some more than whats usual. Its not noticeable at all, or a lot compared to someone with an obvious shed....So what counts as a shed?

mamaherrera
July 24th, 2014, 11:35 PM
Right now I'm losing 60-80 per day, on average, and I was better before at 40-60, so I don't know if it's my diet, stress, time of the year. But when I was at a bad time, I would love 120 per day. Thank God, my pony has always stayed at the same measurement.

mamaherrera
July 24th, 2014, 11:37 PM
but when I was pregnancy shedding, like 10-20 hairs per day, I would always find these thin sickly ones in the shed, 3-4 daily. Plus I have some little tiny hairs, like 1/2 inchs (thin) right before my temples start, you can't really see them unless you look close, but it's good to know they are there, because that explains whY I see these tiny golden hairs in my shed!!