PDA

View Full Version : It has been ONE YEAR of LHC!!! and Cal I call this HIP?

Tini'sNewHair
July 23rd, 2014, 08:08 PM
Hey guys, I just realised that it has now been a year since I found LHC.
Its only been a few months since I posted celebrating my two year growth anniversary - I started growing my hair before LHC but I didn’t know what to do with it UNTIL LHC.
So here are the changes:

No more elastic bands – Hello home made hairsticks! & Hello braids and buns!!!
No more scraping at my scalp when washing, or using a paddle brush to rip through my hair wet or dry, I now finger comb 99% of the time and ONLY use a wide tooth comb when I let my hair down for a nice treat :D
No more hairdressers who always chopped many many inches of my hair and HELLO Feyes method!! Oh, how I LOVE doing Feyes! So easy!
I have experimented with a LOT of different oils, shampoos, BS/ACV etc etc etc but I have come to discover that my hair likes it simple (and so do i!). I wash the scalp and condition the ends then when my hair is a bit damp I apply a small amount of coconut oil to my length and everythings good to go! I also tend to apply a bit more coconut oil to my length in the last day before washing again.
No more washing my hair twice a day – what?! I now do it every 3-4 days now!
No more S&Ding with my teeth – haha! Yup I used to just pick at my hair and either snap it or break it off with my teeth… I now by those special scissors and do a proper session lol

I Love learning new buns, new braids and everything else in between. My go to buns being

The bun, Lazy wrap
Nautilus

Naked bun

Braided bun, also

Dutch braids and French braid

Here are some pictures.
This is where I started growing from before LHC,

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm242/MayasMommy7nov/modifiedbacklenght4.jpg (http://s298.photobucket.com/user/MayasMommy7nov/media/modifiedbacklenght4.jpg.html)
This is my first LHC length shot,

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm242/MayasMommy7nov/DSCF8901.jpg (http://s298.photobucket.com/user/MayasMommy7nov/media/DSCF8901.jpg.html)
This is my hair today, and while we are here, can I call this HIP? - The photo on the left is my hair soaking wet after a shower and the one on the right is 95% dry with line markers to show where my waist line is and hip. My hair measures at 32 inches (waist is at 30 inches).

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm242/MayasMommy7nov/untitled-11.png (http://s298.photobucket.com/user/MayasMommy7nov/media/untitled-11.png.html)

And this is my hair fully dry, and how it normally is.

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm242/MayasMommy7nov/DSCF1818modifiedggg.jpg (http://s298.photobucket.com/user/MayasMommy7nov/media/DSCF1818modifiedggg.jpg.html)
Thank you for all of your wisdom and your passion for healthy hair :D Cheers, Tina.

McFearless
July 23rd, 2014, 08:54 PM
Beautiful!

Sarahlabyrinth
July 23rd, 2014, 09:10 PM
Beautiful hair! You have been looking after it beautifully.

Laura_F
July 23rd, 2014, 09:16 PM
Beautiful hair, Tina!

hypersensitive
July 23rd, 2014, 09:24 PM
Good on ya!

Your routine looks pretty much exactly like mine too!

jacqueline101
July 23rd, 2014, 09:56 PM
Your hair is beautiful it looks like hip length to me.

FallingDarkness
July 23rd, 2014, 10:17 PM
Your hair is GORGEOUS. I'm glad that LHC has taught you something and that you have completely reworked your hair care routine to accommodate its needs. :P Definitely think you can call it hip :D

Gumball
July 23rd, 2014, 10:34 PM
Congrats! Your hair is looking so pretty! If it's not hip it's darn close. I'd say just touching it. :agree:

HumanBean
July 23rd, 2014, 11:00 PM
Your hair is gorgeous! Love the flip at the ends!

restless
July 23rd, 2014, 11:18 PM
Wow, from shoulder to hip in two years? Thats amazing! Its beautiful and I´d say that looks like hip to me :) Congratulations to the anniversary!

Becs
July 23rd, 2014, 11:28 PM
Your hair is just stunning! I would definitely say you can call hip :)

Portas
July 23rd, 2014, 11:53 PM
Really beautiful and healthy hair!

Tini'sNewHair
July 24th, 2014, 12:48 AM
McFearless - Thank you!
Sarahlabyrinth Thank you, im glad it shows because i do baby it a lot. I only let it out once a month if that :)
Laura_F Thank you!
hypersensitive Glad to hear that because I always have admired your mane! :)
Thank you jacqueline101!
Thank you FallingDarkness!
Thank you Gumball! Much appriciated!
HumanBean Thank you, that flip happened from having a 5min nautilus bun - gah! I didnt want any sort of waves for these shots BUT im glad it dosnt look that bad after all :)
Thank you restless. Its more from almost top of BSL tho :)
Becs Thank you!
Thank you Portas!

Sparklylady82
July 24th, 2014, 01:16 AM
gorgeous darling and inspirational!

mariakatija
July 24th, 2014, 02:40 AM
Beautiful hair! and it's totally hip!

Zebra Fish
July 24th, 2014, 03:37 AM
Beautiful hair and impressive growth! :thudpile: (I'm a horribly slow grower)

Is naked bun a bun without any hairtoys in it?

SleepyTangles
July 24th, 2014, 05:48 AM
Hoo-oo! Congratulations! And your hair is totally at hip :bottomsup:

höpönasu
July 24th, 2014, 05:57 AM
Hip hip hooray! :cake: :thudpile:

Stiria
July 24th, 2014, 06:03 AM
Impressive! Your hair is amazingly beautiful! It looks so healthy! :thud:

stachelbeere
July 24th, 2014, 06:22 AM
your hair looks super super healthy, shiny and so long now! The difference is stunning :) (although the first picture is also super shiny...? So I guess it's been this shiny the whole time:))

duchess67
July 24th, 2014, 06:34 AM
Congratulations Tini! You have amazingly beautiful hair, love it :)

two_wheels
July 24th, 2014, 06:54 AM
Congratulations! All that in just one year? Where will you be next year?! And your hair is beautiful too.

Federica
July 24th, 2014, 07:05 AM
Tiny, I think your hair is beautiful, and really can't believe it grew soooo freakin' fast!
I'm at your same lenght now, and I think we'd better wait for antoher cm to call it hip, just for peace of mind :D
I laughed a lot when I read that you used to do SD with your teeth, I always think I was the only one in the world, and yes, some kind of freak.
You really did wash your hair twice A DAY? :O

This is the most astonishing one year growth progress I've seen so far, so congratulations! You'll be at your goal in no time.

lapushka
July 24th, 2014, 07:36 AM
Yep, I'd call it. That's some amazing growth in not very much time. Beautiful hair, and congratulations!

queenovnight
July 24th, 2014, 10:24 AM
Beautiful hair! And yes, I'd call that hip ^_^

RapunzelKat
July 24th, 2014, 10:57 AM
Lovely hair, Tini! Congrats on your anniversary, and I'd definitely call it hip :cheer:

blue_eyes
July 24th, 2014, 11:42 AM
So gorgeous! Such an inspiration! :)

NatNat
July 24th, 2014, 11:45 AM
Absolutely hip, congrats!

CousinItt
July 24th, 2014, 05:02 PM
Wow Tini - your hair is beautiful and grew so fast. I'm barely brushing waist now in the same amount of time. I am totally impressed.

ETA: I think you can call hip for sure.

Tini'sNewHair
July 24th, 2014, 05:36 PM
Thank you so much Sparklylady82!
Thank you mariakatija!
Thank you Zebra Fish, yes it is :)
Thank you SleepyTangles!
Thank you hoponasu :D
Thank you Stiria!!
stachelbeere, thank you! In the first photo, the hairdresser flat ironed it actually which is what gave me dry crappy ends at one point and i had to do a few trims to get that out.
Thank you heaps duchess67!
two_wheels, I hope well on the way o tbl ... maybe passed it... I want classic :D
Federica I keep going back and forward, one min I just want to accept it being at hip because thats the start to the next milestone of tbl with classic being my ultimate goal BUT THEN, I think ahhh whats the rush! and lets wait to pass hip a little bit... still doing this in my head and it will happen until i pass hip. I did the same thing with every single milestone haha. Yes, actually i used to snap my hair with my teeth for such a long period that i felt like my teeth were getting sore from the friction haha! glad im not the only one whos done that! Thank you so much! Happy growing to you to!
lapushka, thank you so much!
Thank you queenovnight!
RapunzelKat, thank you so much!!! I'm a huge fan of yours :D
Thank you blue_eyes!
Thank you NatNat!
Thank you CousinITT!! I hope you get a growth spurt ASAP then :)

roseomalley
July 24th, 2014, 08:05 PM
Beautiful, hip-length hair, Tini!! You sure had super growth. I cringed when I read about your special way to S&D! :rolleyes:

Brattina88
July 24th, 2014, 08:31 PM
Your hair is beautiful! :) very inspiring! Thank you for sharing!!

Akville
July 25th, 2014, 06:14 AM
in two years? your kidding me?

Agnes Hannah
July 25th, 2014, 10:47 AM
Beautiful hair, I always enjoy looking at your pics, so much inspiration. Can't wait to see it at classic!! Happy growing, happy anniversary!

TrapperCreekD
July 25th, 2014, 10:58 AM
:thud: Beautiful hair and amazing growth! How many inches was your first LHC length shot? Inquiring minds want to know... :flower:

fiðrildi
July 25th, 2014, 11:21 AM
Wow, so beautiful! Your hair growth is amazing! I would call that hip, definitely. Congrats! :)

missfaroe
July 25th, 2014, 11:55 AM
I'm so impressed by your hairgrowth AND your beautiful hair! It looks silky soft :)

Stray_mind
July 26th, 2014, 09:20 AM
beautiful hair, so shiny and healthy! You have the same routine as i do ^^. My one year anniversary will be on 10th of august and i really hope i'll be at APL then :)

ErinLeigh
July 26th, 2014, 03:37 PM
Tini I always love seeing your photos. You did an amazing job growing and caring for your hair.
It really is stunning :)

Did you ever trim along the way or S&D only?

Tini'sNewHair
July 26th, 2014, 04:59 PM
Thank you roseomalley! Haha yup, but i so thought that was normal until my husband caught me a few times and said thats weird but he thinks a proper S&D is weird to so :p
Brattina88 Thank you!
Akville, 2 years and 2 months tho :)) I used to think that thats super slow, until i met LHC.
Agnes Hannah thank you!!!!
TrapperCreekD, im not sure because i didnt start measuring until later on BUT i think i might of been between 25-26 inches when i was just brushing the top of my bra strap, i remember wanting to call it BSL straight away but i was told that I have to wait a bit longer until i cover the whole strap uh oh :))
Thank you fiarildi!!!
Thank you missfaroe!!!
Thank you Stray_mind, fingers crossed you get a good growth spurt and PASS APL by then :)
Thank you ErinLeigh, I didnt trim at all from the first big chop until i reached waist (a full two years) but I did S&D a lot during that time. I like a blunt hemline so when i got to waist i did two big trims to even up my hemline. Now i will dust every 2 months instead :)

coconutinsight
July 26th, 2014, 05:14 PM
Tini lovely hair and great progress! I think it's definitely hip :flower:

Tini'sNewHair
July 27th, 2014, 05:03 AM
Thank you ↑

Majormiles
August 12th, 2014, 03:00 AM
Love love love your hair!! Its so healthy!!

Tini'sNewHair
August 12th, 2014, 03:20 AM
Thank you :-D ↑

Ingrid
August 12th, 2014, 03:20 AM
Congratulations!! Your hair looks very healthy. Well done! :cheer: It's very inspirational to see such progress. My own one-year LHC anniversary is coming up on the 31st of August, hopefully I can share a little bit of my progress, too :)

urs
August 12th, 2014, 03:32 AM
Hey Tini
Your hair is amzingly beautiful.
Can u please enlighten on your regular routine.

Tini'sNewHair
August 12th, 2014, 06:01 PM
Thank you so much Ingrid :) Looking forward to your post then, I hope you get a lot more growth by then!
urs Thank you, Its very simple because I like low care. So, I wash my hair every 3-4 days, I shampoo the scalp and condition my ends (I like to finger comb my hair under the conditioner but very gently), I then let it to air dry and when its almost dry (damp) I apply small pea sized amounts of coconut oil through my hair to tame flyways and any friziness. I keep my hair up MOST of the time UNLESS theres a special occasion which is rare, If i dont have to let it down then i only finger comb gently before bunning or braiding it back up otherwise I comb it with the wide tooth comb if I let it down. Thats all I do, and I trim every few months if needed, otherwise I S&D instead. Also I add a fair few drops of tea tree oil to my shampoo which seems to help tame my dandruff.

urs
August 12th, 2014, 11:15 PM
Thanks Tini :), but this is a dumb question what's S&D

Caraid♫
August 13th, 2014, 12:20 AM
does your hair ever grow fast!! It's beautiful and healthy looking, and definitely looks like you've just reached hip to me! :D

Llama
August 13th, 2014, 12:22 AM
Wow that looks like over a foot of growth in one year?!

Imalath
August 14th, 2014, 09:19 PM
Your hair is beautiful...all that hard work paid off!

Tini'sNewHair
August 14th, 2014, 09:46 PM
urs Its Search & Distroy split ends, you need a pair of scissors which you should only use on your hair.
Thank you Caraid & Imalath!!! :D