PDA

View Full Version : When do you feel you have reached hip length?

arr
July 23rd, 2014, 01:08 PM
The other day my husband said it looked like i had reached hip. Im only one inch past waist and in my opinion, thats not hip. I consider hip to be when my hair is halfway between my elbow and wrist, which is 3 more inches for me. He thinks hip is pretty much anything past waist because the waist just flows into the hips. So when do you all call hip?

queenovnight
July 23rd, 2014, 01:23 PM
I think 'hip' is where the hipbone starts - the top. If it were the bottom, it would basically be BCL. - Well, on me at least. But I personally didn't realize that I was at hip until it was mentioned on the 'waist to tbl' thread xD

neko_kawaii
July 23rd, 2014, 01:39 PM
That would be the top of the hip bone (ilium). Depends on your proportions but my hips are 1-2 inches below my waist, so your husband could very well be right. Another common point of confusion is the location of tailbone length (TBL). This also varies from person to person and you need to poke around to locate your tailbone, unless you are one of the unfortunates with a long one and you feel it every time you sit down. Beyond TBL is sit length, or ishium (bottom of the hip bone) where your hair just touches a hard sitting surface.

RileyJane
July 23rd, 2014, 01:58 PM
I consider "hip" to be where my actual hips are; and also when my hair looks like it is at hip, not just a few strands but all of it :p my hips are only about 6 inches apart from my waist

arr
July 23rd, 2014, 03:01 PM
I consider "hip" to be where my actual hips are; and also when my hair looks like it is at hip, not just a few strands but all of it :p my hips are only about 6 inches apart from my waist

Not sure what you mean by actual hips, do you mean the widest part? 6 inches seems like quite a distance from the waist, but then maybe not if you have a long torso. So from what everyone is saying so far, hip begins sooner than I thought. Instead of needing 3 more inches, I may just need 1 or 2 more. What I've been envisioning is more like BCL.

chen bao jun
July 23rd, 2014, 03:16 PM
I have heard people say 'w/hip' for waist/hip, since most people's hips are so close to their waists.
You lucky ladies.

MINAKO
July 23rd, 2014, 03:30 PM
My hip bone is so freaking long, while my bum isn't, yet its flat, so technically anything below waist and above classic could be hip and takes forever to grow past, but i consider myself tailbone now, or seat legth as a good bit of my ends now touches the sofa when i sit normally.

Sharysa
July 23rd, 2014, 04:02 PM
I considered myself hip-length once my hair reached about where my hip-bones poke out in front.

Waist and hip also confused me because I have a curved instead of tapering waist, and then my torso is fairly short because I'm five feet tall.