PDA

View Full Version : Hair typing?

lilin
July 22nd, 2014, 04:56 AM
Hey, guys. So I've been using a lighter washing routine the past couple weeks... and my hair type is changing.

I've always had a couple loose curly things right by the sides of my face, but they're spreading!

Did the hair typing photo -- just washed, air dried, no combing. Also not quite as clean as I'd like (I'm still fiddling with my wash method -- this time around was a "meh").

What would you call this?

http://i1276.photobucket.com/albums/y464/Lilin9/curls_zpsdcc61dc1.jpg

Firefox7275
July 22nd, 2014, 06:46 AM
2c on the Naturally Curly scale.

lapushka
July 22nd, 2014, 06:59 AM
I would go with 2c, maaaybe 3a'ish.

GetMeToWaist
July 22nd, 2014, 12:23 PM
To me it looks 2c

MINAKO
July 22nd, 2014, 12:44 PM
I would tend more towards 2b or 2b/c , it's not tight enough for a straight 2c and altough i do see some wurls nowhere in the 3s imho.
Hair can change quiet alot ebven with the same range regarding alignment, smoothness, poufiness, bounce and likewise. Also as it gets longer it's not always weighed down at all and you can literally count more waves but the amount of wavev per foot of hair is the same.
(not that i would find the naturally curly chart of any use past APL anyways, lol)

Jaxibella
July 22nd, 2014, 01:38 PM
I know this isn't an answer to your question, but your new curlies are really pretty :3 I wish my hair had done that when I started changing up my washing routine.

lilin
July 22nd, 2014, 07:57 PM
Thank you guys! Yeah, I had been thinking maybe 2c-ish, although my bottom layer seems to be straighter for whatever reason. But it definitely looks curlier to me than my avatar, which is only a 3-week old picture (although brushed, but it wasn't much wavier than that unbrushed -- just less "uniform").

Thanks Jaxibella. :D

Kelikea
July 22nd, 2014, 09:24 PM
The straighter parts seem like 2b, then the majority looks about 2c, but the part right by your face looks almost 3a. Our hair can have multiple personalities:) I have almost totally straight hair in places, but then most of it is 2b/2c. I also have anywhere from super fine to coarse hairs in many colors.

Johannah
July 23rd, 2014, 05:21 AM
I second 2c.