PDA

View Full Version : Changing hair type as hair grows

Arwenlily
July 21st, 2014, 11:26 AM
As my hair grows, I notice that my spirals are being weighed down and now only the very ends are spiraling. From shoulder length to arm pit length, I had relatively tight spirals and as I've reached slightly past bra strap length when curly, I've noticed that most of my hair is now very wavy and only the ends seem to curl up. I imagine that as my hair grows even longer this will be more pronounced. Does this mean that I should change the classification of my hair type? Did you change you type as your hair grew or did you label the type as the potential your hair has?

queenovnight
July 21st, 2014, 11:53 AM
I always wanted my hair to stretch as it grew, but it's almost stayed the same. My roots aren't quite as curly, but same pattern. I always thought that when I hit around hip, I wouldn't have as much to deal with xD

but yeah, if I were you, I would probably keep the same hair type listed.

Arwenlily
July 21st, 2014, 12:30 PM
I actually wish my hair would stay the same! I don't mind more waves but I'm not sure I'm ready to give up the curls. Hopefully my ends still keep curling!

queenovnight
July 21st, 2014, 12:35 PM
Understandable! I'm sure your ends will keep their curl though ^_^ I just fail miserably at styling my hair when curly, so I wouldn't mind some stretching XD

Arwenlily
July 21st, 2014, 12:38 PM
I totally get that :o There are times I wish that my hair was easily to style but really what I want is it to be consistent throughout. But that will never happen, I'm sure.

dellad
July 21st, 2014, 03:12 PM
My hair definitely got straighter as it grew longer. At chin/shoulder/apl, I was 1c/2a. Now at past classic, I'm a 1b. I think the hair is pulled straighter under its own weight.

ravenheather
July 23rd, 2014, 08:30 AM
My dd6 was 3a between shoulder and apl. Now at waist stretched she looks 2c. Actually it looks like 2a on top and 3a on bottom, I average it out to 2c.