PDA

View Full Version : Another bangs post...(photos)

cosmic crusader
July 20th, 2014, 09:02 PM
I've been growing out my bangs since November 2012 and now that they've FINALLY been graduated into my long layers, I'm obsessing on trimming some back in. Ain't that the way it goes?

To be fair, my goal was always long hair with bangs, a la Jane Birkin. I just love that 1960's look. After joining the forum, I began wondering if my fine hair would look thicker with them grown out, and it was a long (and sometimes painful) process.

ARGH... 2 week rule?

Mandatory photos (I apologize for them being huge):

Me with (extra short) bangs (November 2012):

http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b586/rawpeacelove/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsed67caba.jpg

This weekend/grown out bangs:

http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b586/rawpeacelove/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsf2137ae0.jpg

What I fantasize about doing (bangs, I'm not touching my length):

http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b586/rawpeacelove/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps4ca944c4.jpg

maborosi
July 20th, 2014, 09:09 PM
I like both, but I'm really biased because I have blunt cut bangs and I think they're just adorable on you- high bangs seem really hard for a lot of people to pull off but your face works perfectly with them

Quasiquixotic
July 20th, 2014, 09:14 PM
Well I think you look cute with bangs and it sounds like you know the consequences of cutting since you just finished with them from last time...

kganihanova
July 20th, 2014, 09:20 PM
I think the bangs would look fab on you. Even the extra short bangs look good on you, lucky girl.

cosmic crusader
July 20th, 2014, 10:01 PM
Cn anyone recommend a clip in bang? Some are so obviously fake and I don't want to waste cash. ...or maybe I can try rolling them in first, hmmm.

Thank you for the feedback!

kganihanova
July 20th, 2014, 10:03 PM
Ken paves clip ins

Adiro
July 20th, 2014, 10:10 PM
If i had your looks and your age,I would get those bangs again! ( you lucky girl!!!!)
you already know the consequences, the time it takes to grow them back, and after all why not do what you want, it's your life!!! when you grow a bit older, these super cute bangs might not look the same on you any more! get them now if so you want!!!!

cosmic crusader
July 21st, 2014, 01:35 AM
If i had your looks and your age,I would get those bangs again! ( you lucky girl!!!!)
you already know the consequences, the time it takes to grow them back, and after all why not do what you want, it's your life!!! when you grow a bit older, these super cute bangs might not look the same on you any more! get them now if so you want!!!!

YES that's exactly what I've been telling myself! I've been so utterly disciplined with my hair that it's actually restricting what I will or will not do with it. Like dying it purple. Which of course would require bleaching... So that's out. But bangs! I don't want to not do it just because it feels "wrong!" Thank you :]] so much.

cosmic crusader
July 21st, 2014, 01:45 AM
Ken paves clip ins

Have you personally tried them? I was reading reviews and they said the synthetic hair is pretty fake looking. I will value am LHC'ers opinion more though!

lapushka
July 21st, 2014, 05:51 AM
I think, personally, that the bangs you had were too severe on you. I like the more flowy look of the bangs now that they've grown out.

Fairlight63
July 21st, 2014, 06:31 AM
I agree with lapushka. My honest opinion is that you look better without bangs.

kganihanova
July 21st, 2014, 07:17 AM
Have you personally tried them? I was reading reviews and they said the synthetic hair is pretty fake looking. I will value am LHC'ers opinion more though!
The ones in black don't look too bad. I mean, they don't look real but they're not fakey fake.

Carolyn
July 21st, 2014, 08:59 AM
Honest opinion? No don't do it. I like the way you look without bangs so much better.

Callifornia
July 21st, 2014, 10:08 AM
I think the bangs look cutest. Your hair is thick enough it doesn't take too much out of your overall bulk, and the shorty bangs bring out your eyes.
But that's just my opinion, do what YOU would like to see in the mirror!

Katyusha
July 21st, 2014, 10:29 AM
If you're going for more edgy look I'd go for bangs, if you want more romantic soft look I'd choose no bangs. But I must say that you look a little older with bangs. It also depends on your style and what do you want to achieve.

Decemberrose
July 21st, 2014, 12:32 PM
You look beautiful with the short bangs! You really have that nice faceshape to pull them off.
I have had them just as short a couple of times a few years at a time.. but now I'm growing them out (for the 4th time I think) I really like the look on me, but I think they are hard to style with my thick hair :(

Cut them back in if you like, but remember the hard work in styling them all the time.
If it does not make a difference in your overall thickness I would cut them back in! Love them! :)

RileyJane
July 21st, 2014, 02:23 PM
No the longer "layer bangs" as I call them look fantastic on you! Don't do it haha... Sometimes I fantasize about doing a pixie cut but I just look at pics and I'm over it

cosmic crusader
July 22nd, 2014, 12:40 AM
Thank you so much for your honest opinions! I'm no closer to a decision >_<! I will be on vacation for the next week for my brother's wedding :] so I will let it stew until my return. I think it is one of those catch 22 situations: if I don't cut them, I will always wonder what long hair + bangs might have been like, and if I do cut them, I will be annoyed with the future growing out process. :brickwall:brickwall:brickwall: I know there could be worse conundrums!

cosmic crusader
July 22nd, 2014, 12:45 AM
The ones in black don't look too bad. I mean, they don't look real but they're not fakey fake.

It would be a good way to at least get a better idea... Thank you!

Johannah
July 22nd, 2014, 03:19 AM
I like no bangs better, but that's personal opinion. Though I think bangs suit you as well.

Why don't you try clip in bangs? Cut them the way you want it and try them out for a couple of weeks. Maybe you like them a lot, maybe they bore you after a week. Good way to find out.

StellaKatherine
July 22nd, 2014, 06:56 AM
Bangs change your face dramaticly! With no bangs you look younger, more fresh and somewhat ethereal looking. With the bags you are more dramatic, put together, fashionable. I think it really depence on HOW you want to look like. Do you want more young and romantic or dramatic and put together? What is more YOU! Both looks fit you amazingly at photos, but both make you look compleately different as well. I know this doesn't help much, but in the end it is YOU who will be wearing your hair! :flowers: