PDA

View Full Version : How often should you cowash?

cdonald2
July 20th, 2014, 04:03 PM
Just yesterday I bought a L'Oreal brand of Coalwash along with old nice leave in conditioner and a rinse out conditioner. All of these are cone free and sulfate free. I was wondering how often I should cowash . I usually use shampoo bars but I find that they tend to over clean my hair.

Larki
July 20th, 2014, 04:09 PM
As often as you feel you need to, I guess! I co-wash every other day currently, but I'm noticing that sloooowly my hair is looking like I might eventually be able to stretch it to every two days. :)

Nadine <3
July 20th, 2014, 04:12 PM
As much as you want! There are people who CO wash only. Just keep an eye on your scalp. Mine freaked out when I went CO only.

ravenreed
July 20th, 2014, 04:52 PM
I CO wash every other day.

Firefox7275
July 20th, 2014, 05:48 PM
When your roots or scalp need cleansing/ lengths need wetting to tidy or detangle/ ends feel dry and in need of conditioning. YMMV same as with shampoo.

chelsea89ms
July 20th, 2014, 06:13 PM
I co wash with cone free conditioner most of the time, and only wash with a shampoo bar ever couple weeks or when my scalp needs it. I did start using ACV rinses because of the cv shampoo bars and I love it. I have been doing a ACV rinse after I co wash and it seams to keep my scalp happy longer.

cdonald2
July 20th, 2014, 09:19 PM
My scalp is freaking out a bit. I definitely see more seabum on my hair. But my ends are much better than they were. I am going to try stretching washes as much as possible. My current cowash- Loreal i cant even feel on the length of my hair. It kind of just rushes to my scalp and sits there until i make a very low lather with it.