PDA

View Full Version : Avon product users?

Wolfie
July 18th, 2014, 12:48 PM
Hello everyone. I've always used the Avon: Daily Shine Serum for possibly two years now and was wondering if anyone else used it as well. I also used the Avon conditioners. The antifrizz grey and orange bottle. Are these good for hair? If not are there better hair products that will care more for my hair?

grimsqueaker
July 18th, 2014, 11:36 PM
I've never used it, but it does contain short chain alcohols, which are drying to the hair, but use whatever works for you. I see nothing wrong with the conditioners, as long as that's what works for you and your hair. :)

renia22
August 22nd, 2014, 11:35 AM
Avon had some products that I really like a few years ago, when they came in 80s style packaging and they smelled a lot like Biolage. They also had their "Naturals" shampoos and conditioners that I loved the scents of, but they got discontinued. Haven't tried the newer formulas, but if they were on sale I would since I liked their products in the past. Do they still smell good?

Eichan
September 3rd, 2014, 01:06 AM
I RESURRECT THEE!

Avon hair products all smell the same to me. Same for Mark. The smell is pleasant, not overpowering. All of it has silicones. My mom likes it a lot, and I used to use it. The argan oil stuff was AWESOME! Especially the conditioner! Nowadays I just get big bottle of cheapjunk conditioner and co-wash when I let my hair get too tangly though. In my opinion, yeah they aren't exactly GOOD for your hair, but if it works.... don't fix what isn't broken!!!

I don't know if this would work for you, but I lightly oil my hair before co wash, and even with silicones conditioners will get it out if left on long enough.... I leave conditioner on my hair for 30 mins or more though... because no life...

I don't know if they still have it (I broke my bottle and am too lazy to ding my profits by ordering for myself) but the argan oil treatment stuff was amazing. I liked it better than the daily shine. But then, I seem to have crazy luck with any item that has argan oil in it, regardless of brand.