PDA

View Full Version : Trial and Success Thread

Dreams_in_Pink
July 17th, 2014, 05:56 AM
What haircare product/method/tip have you tried recently and succeeded?

I thought it would be a good idea to share what worked for us, in order to help other people having the same hairtype/scalp problems.

Let me start:

1. Hair wax buildup due to WO washes. I solved that problem by applying honey to the problem areas & rinsing with water. I'm not doing it now because i don't have time for WO these days :(

2. Hair conditioners/masks not moisturizing enough. I had this cone-free hair mask lying around for a while. It didn't moisturize my hair at all when i used it back then. Now i massage it in more, leave it in more and rinse out very well. My hair's very very happy right now :D

3. Having to use too much shampoo to lather the whole scalp. I found out that using a hairdye bottle with tiny nozzle apparatus to apply diluted shampoo not only produces enough lather to clean hair and scalp, but also doesn't make hair squeaky (which i thought was impossible!)

Laurenji
July 17th, 2014, 09:57 AM
3. Having to use too much shampoo to lather the whole scalp. I found out that using a hairdye bottle with tiny nozzle apparatus to apply diluted shampoo not only produces enough lather to clean hair and scalp, but also doesn't make hair squeaky (which i thought was impossible!)

I second this! I use a condiment bottle that I got in the kitchen supply area of the grocery store - it's kind of like those squeezy ketchup bottles they have at restaurants. It's amazing! I use it for everything.

shinyspoon3
July 19th, 2014, 03:05 AM
Ooo I love the squeezy bottle idea. Totally using that now.

I had an issue with the super stanky ACV. Solution: 5 drops of sage essential oil per cup of ACV. It overpowers 90% of the vinegar smell! And bonus, sage is supposed to stimulate hair growth.

kganihanova
July 19th, 2014, 05:25 AM
CO only doesn't work on me. I have an oily scalp and a lot of slip and it makes my hair a) too slippery and b) leaves me oily . It's hard to make sulfate free work due to this same problem.

Johannah
July 19th, 2014, 05:34 AM
Shampoo and conditioner with hydrolyzed keratin. It made my hair *WOW*.

martyna_22
July 19th, 2014, 06:11 AM
I used a whole lot of natural products in my henna gloss. Some people say it's essential not to overdo it, but my hair was amazing afterwards.
I used an organic conditioner, honey, flaxseed gel, coconut oil, jojoba oil in it, totally worth it. I'm looking forward to a super-gloss again :)

Beezle
July 19th, 2014, 06:23 AM
WCC - courtesy of Lapushka.
This really makes my hair feel silky, moisturised and far less tangled. Apparently it's even better followed by LOC but that's for my next wash.

shinyspoon3
July 23rd, 2014, 03:34 PM
I just experimented with doing an henna gloss and managed to make it 100% drip free! It was so tidy! There was seriously nothing to clean up anywhere! Not on me, and not in my bathroom. I combed the internet looking for tips on how to prevent drips, and was ready to put all kinds of additives in my gloss, but then decided that for my first run, I would just keep it simple by using the thickest conditioner I could find, then problem solve next time--but there were no problems! I used Hugo Naturals coconut conditioner for curly/frizzy hair. It is vegan, has 100% natural ingredients, and it is as thick as cake frosting. My search was over before it even really began. Yay!

Wildcat Diva
July 23rd, 2014, 04:03 PM
I remembered to pick up mineral oil again as part of my LOC regiment and it's helped a lot with tangles.

aztecangel
July 23rd, 2014, 06:17 PM
Coconut oil while bleaching! :) I never would have known about it if it wasn't for this forum. I just bleached my hair 2X in two days, first with 40 volume and second with 30. Hair is doing well and I feel comfortable bleaching again in the future now. I soaked the hair in coconut oil maybe 2-3 hours in advance each time, and left it on during the bleach. Woo hoo!

Federica
July 24th, 2014, 08:50 AM
WCC - Double conditioning post washing, it made my hair silky and shining, I love it!