PDA

View Full Version : Newbie here

Bohemian_Scara
July 16th, 2014, 06:37 AM
I just realised my account had been activated.

I'm new to the LHC, but I started growing my hair when I was 4. I've had it cut a lot since then.
My hair is 24 inches long, but I've just had 4 or so inches cut off the bottom because there was so many splits.
I'm looking to find better ways of making my hair less greasy and more healthy generally.
I'm also hoping to find some more interesting hair styles for everyday wear, now that I'm no longer a support worker having residents pull me to the floor by my hair on a weekly basis. I really do not miss that.
I've been told my hair is an usual colour (mixture of gold, red, brown and platinum) and it's forever changing colour.

I'm a Brit, so spellings may seem off on my posts and chances are I'll be posting when things are quiet.

Madora
July 16th, 2014, 09:03 AM
Welcome to LHC, Bohemian_Scara!

Here's a link to interesting info, plus the LHC abbreviations: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=120052

I don't know if you have an oily scalp or not, but you can make your hair less greasy by keeping stuff off it (gels, oils, mousse, butters). Everything you put on your hair leaves a residue of some sort and that residue builds and builds until you wind up with greasy hair.

You can still have healthy, beautiful hair w/o buying a ton of stuff. Just find a good shampoo and a good conditioner and see how they work for you. You might try diluting each with a little bit of water. This helps make it easier when washing out the shampoo and conditioner. If you can stand it, make your final rinse a cold rinse..or as cold as you can stand (cold rinses help get out more suds/etc. than warm water).

Happy growing!

Bohemian_Scara
July 16th, 2014, 11:09 AM
I don't use hairsprays or gels or anything like that. I am tempted to try the conditioner only routine and see how that goes, it's just finding the courage.

Wolfie
July 17th, 2014, 12:37 PM
Cornstarch makes for a great natural dry shampoo! Coco powder as well. Also you could be having a greasy scalp because of your conditioner, try putting it on the length that doesn't touch the scalp. Also how often do you wash your hair? The more often you wash it, the more oils your scalp produces in order to try to keep your hair moisturized. They to go as long as possible without washing your hair. You will notice that your hair will adapt and become less oily Also welcome!!!

lapushka
July 17th, 2014, 05:44 PM
Welcome to LHC. :)

Entangled
July 17th, 2014, 06:27 PM
Hi! Welcome!

Bohemian_Scara
July 18th, 2014, 01:02 PM
https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/t1.0-9/10422042_10152658213476929_5332162953845559194_n.j pg

introductory hair pic, I had it in an english braid to air dry.