PDA

View Full Version : Simple hairstyles for school?

ChocolateBubble
July 14th, 2014, 10:46 AM
Hi guys! I did a quick search and I couldn't find any school hair threads so if there are, sorry! I'm in my senior year/year 12 in school and I've been getting tired with my hair lately. It's just the same pony tail - leave out - braids (they call me pippy long stocking when I do though), and my shorter hair friends do all kinds of crazy things with their hair like clipping (clips fall out for me) and bows and weird ties here and there. My hair's pretty thick, and around classic length but i'm thinking of cutting it to tailbone or waist. Do you guys any have suggestions for any cute simple/quick hairstyles I can pull off? Buns looks massive on me, unfortunately, and sometimes fall out.

hollygraham43
July 14th, 2014, 10:57 AM
Have you tried braided buns? I saw a photo tutorial that shows you have to do a three braid buns. You simply split the hair in 3 sections braid them and roll them up in to buns. One of my favorite styles to do with my waist length thick hair.

Madora
July 14th, 2014, 11:00 AM
Check out Torrin Paige on You Tube. She has a lot of interesting styles.

As far as something simple, you could do an accented single braid down your back:

1 Gently detangle all your hair
2 Comb it back then ponytail it at the nape
3 Take a thin section and LOOSELY braid it all the way to the end.
4 Now divide remaining hair in two sections
5 Using the mini braid you just made as the center section, braid your hair down to the end and secure w/elastic.

There's also Heidi braids or braided halfup/half braid (think Princess Leia-the Medal Ceremony style).

FireFromWithin
July 14th, 2014, 11:31 AM
You could add accent braids to your current styles. How about trying some buns secured with sticks? They hold better for me than clips. All these buns can also be used as half ups too. Or how about a knot bun ponytail. As Madora said above torrinpaige is fantastic for these styles.

Anje
July 14th, 2014, 11:34 AM
There are a bunch of folks who've taken to braiding bright colored yarn parandas into their hair. Makes for a fun change of pace. Edit: Here's a link. (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=91490)

Half-ups are a nice look and make a nice combination of loose and not-in-the-face.